Cm Patch Changes To Quests

I know a decision hasn't been made on what to do about CM changes. I thought it would be a good idea to keep track of changes for when we do decide what to do.

1. Introduces the Farm Owner Quest.

2. Bandits quest, fixes bug introduced by Ice & Blood.

3. Puts Christmas Island back in the game.

4. Changes Shadows of the Seraphim quest so that Seraphim can now play it as well.

I think the best thing other than listing it here, is to take any changes the patch made to quests and add them in the Notes section at the bottom. We're really not sure how to incorporate the CM Patch into the wiki yet. There's a bunch of things to consider but we do want to add it at some point so we can recognize and applaud all the improvements and content the 'CM guys' have done.

sounds good to me :D

Been looking at the pages you've been doing...all looking real good :D nice work Ysne :thumbsup:

Thanks Knuckles. I'm thinking that some of the NPC pages I'm added could use an extra screen shot or two, but at least I'm getting the basics in when it is there in the quest pictures.

Some of these take some really hard thinking when I'm trying to figure out what to do. My rehab doc tells me that I need to use my brain or I will lose it, so I guess that is a good thing.

It takes awhile to really know what works and what doesn't especially when there really wasn't a standard way of doing it before. Once we get going we'll have more questions and edits but eventually the pages will be all uniform.

Just look at this thread http://darkmatters.o...showtopic=13619 the only thing I had going for me was a new rig. I knew nothing about the wiki or coding or anything. I asked a TON of questions in that thread. Slowly I got the hang of it, started getting ideas on how to make it better and now we have an almost completed bestiary. Still got a bunch of Ice and Blood additions and clean-up to do though.

I'm sure the NPC and Quest pages will evolve the same way. A little trial and error, a little inspiration, and a lot of carpal tunnel :D

As I work with the CM-team as a translator, I can list some of the CM-only quests and CM-changed quests. As for the bug-fixes, they are too numerous to list here. By the way, while creating a description for 'Bandits', I've already written about CM-changes in the notes.

CM-only quests:

1. Dark rituals chain-quest.

2. The Impostor.

3. A bath for my dog.

4. Faust.

5. Holidays at lake Ader.

and more, those are the ones that were not implemented and translated in the original, so it's easier for me to list them.

CM-changes:

1. some NPCs you may talk to got their own chainquest named 'VIPs in Ancaria'.

2. pre-quests for Christmas and Easter (own log entries for kobold and bunny).

3. Blind Guardian fan-kids are now the part of the 'Blind Guardian' chain-quest, so those NPCs are the quest ones in CM.

4. Dragon Mage got his Christmas set and now is about to get his very own Bunny ears (yes, there were no ears for him).

those are the first to come to my mind, I'll add more later.

As I work with the CM-team as a translator, I can list some of the CM-only quests and CM-changed quests. As for the bug-fixes, they are too numerous to list here. By the way, while creating a description for 'Bandits', I've already written about CM-changes in the notes.

CM-only quests:

1. Dark rituals chain-quest.

2. The Impostor.

3. A bath for my dog.

4. Faust.

5. Holidays at lake Ader.

and more, those are the ones that were not implemented and translated in the original, so it's easier for me to list them.

CM-changes:

1. some NPCs you may talk to got their own chainquest named 'VIPs in Ancaria'.

2. pre-quests for Christmas and Easter (own log entries for kobold and bunny).

3. Blind Guardian fan-kids are now the part of the 'Blind Guardian' chain-quest, so those NPCs are the quest ones in CM.

4. Dragon Mage got his Christmas set and now is about to get his very own Bunny ears (yes, there were no ears for him).

Nice work Silver. I think that between us, we can probably hit most of the quest changes. I do add info to the notes when I notice something is different with the patch running.

There is a note in the Against Nomenglas quest that the log is buggy. Does the CM patch correct this? I did not in the quest notes that it does, the log does appear to be correct in my game.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Against_Nomengalus

I don't know if we deserve credit for fixing this.

The note states the bug to be in v2.34 and Ascaron had a lot of time to fix this in a later releases. Marcus could tell you more, but I think he is quite busy atm.

There is a note in the Against Nomenglas quest that the log is buggy. Does the CM patch correct this? I did not in the quest notes that it does, the log does appear to be correct in my game.

I don't know if we deserve credit for fixing this.

The note states the bug to be in v2.34 and Ascaron had a lot of time to fix this in a later releases. Marcus could tell you more, but I think he is quite busy atm.

Hmm.. I seem to recall the quest log was fine in 2.43... And I'm fairly sure the CM Patch didn't exist back in the day.

Ive made no changes on that quest.

Is the quest titled "Cut Off" added by the CM Patch? I don't see it listed on the wiki yet.

Yes. There are also two small sidequests (good/bad) from this about a dying soldier there (Last Wish / The Talisman).

From the german changelog:

Neue Quests

XMAS Reloaded

Abgeschnitten + Talisman / Eine letzte Bitte

Der Gutsherr

Rattenhatz

Reine Nervensache

Jagdfieber III

Heldenhaft (Schattenversion von Familiengrab)

Zurück an die Font (Vorquest zu "Die Untote Legion")

Der wasserscheue Hund

Faust

Die Hochstaplerin

CU Marcus

Addition:

"Verfluchte kleine Biester" = "Dratted little beasts" has become the missing Charquest of the Dragonmage and is now only available to this Char.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

Addition:

"Verfluchte kleine Biester" = "Dratted little beasts" has become the missing Charquest of the Dragonmage and is now only available to this Char.

CU Marcus

Is there a difference between Charquest and Classquest?

Because there are a lot of quests titled "...-Dragonmage Classquest.." in the quest.txt.

Any chance the dragon mage can get a jester hat too? If I remember right the quest needs some fixing too, so it gives the correct hat.

Is there a difference between Charquest and Classquest?

Because there are a lot of quests titled "...-Dragonmage Classquest.." in the quest.txt.

Yes.

The Classquest is this colored chainquest we know since the release of sacred2. It's shown on a separate page.

The Charquest is one single small quest (I.e. "Oops!" for the seraphim) that appears to be a normal quest and is listed on page 1 of the questbook. But it's only availabe to one specific char.

With the cm-patch we've moved that charquest to the classquest's page. That's why the names changed. The studioquest is moved as well. The rings for those quests on the map will be shown in color, not gray anymore.

The dragonmage had a classquest, but not a charquest, so we decided to give him this little one in the blood forest. It will be listed on the classquest's page and carries the appropriate name.

Any chance the dragon mage can get a jester hat too? If I remember right the quest needs some fixing too, so it gives the correct hat.

http://www.frankrentmeister.info/mantisbt/view.php?id=376

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

Ive made no changes on that quest.

Is the quest titled "Cut Off" added by the CM Patch? I don't see it listed on the wiki yet.

Yes. There are also two small sidequests (good/bad) from this about a dying soldier there (Last Wish / The Talisman).

From the german changelog:

Neue Quests

XMAS Reloaded

Abgeschnitten + Talisman / Eine letzte Bitte

Der Gutsherr

Rattenhatz

Reine Nervensache

Jagdfieber III

Heldenhaft (Schattenversion von Familiengrab)

Zurück an die Font (Vorquest zu "Die Untote Legion")

Der wasserscheue Hund

Faust

Die Hochstaplerin

CU Marcus

I failed the Cut Off quest my first time through. I was paying more attention to the area than the quest. I don't even see a name for that area in game.