Imp Removed From The Xbox 360 Version

I dont know if you guys know but the imp have been removed from the game and now cant be used at all, so far Im from the USA and I can say its no longer in use.

Anybody else have this problem?

Yep. Just spent an hour on the phone with the escalation dept at Xbox. They said Deep Silver pulled the content. I don't see how they can pull the content and render our purchase useless. Once I've bought it it's mine. I understand if they stop offering any further purchases of the DLC but those of us who already paid for it should be able to continue using it. Total BS I say.

You do realize that XBox games are software - and like any other piece of software - you don't actually own it. You merely license it.

Now then, there must have been some sort of good reason why the feature was pulled. Have you considered trying to get ahold of anyone at Deep Silver for an explanation?

Edited by gogoblender
Yelling, Caps, please be careful of this

You DO realize that XBox games are software - and like any other piece of software - you don't actually OWN it. You merely license it.

Now then, there MUST have been some sort of good reason why the feature was pulled. Have you considered trying to get ahold of anyone at Deep Silver for an explanation?

Yes I DO realize that it's just a license that I was using. But just like when I purchase a song from Itunes for my ipod, there is nothing that gives them any right to disable my ability to add that song to a playlist. Unless of course I am breaking my part of the agreement in the license or my ipod becomes obsolete. In this case, I am playing a legitimate version of the game, on an unmodified and still current Xbox console, with a legally purchased DLC specific to this game.

But to your question of contacting Deep Silver, I sent an email to them last night to question why the DLC was deactivated. Yet to hear back of course. It's early.

Yes I DO realize that it's just a license that I was using. But just like when I purchase a song from Itunes for my ipod, there is nothing that gives them any right to disable my ability to add that song to a playlist. Unless of course I am breaking my part of the agreement in the license or my ipod becomes obsolete. In this case, I am playing a legitimate version of the game, on an unmodified and still current Xbox console, with a legally purchased DLC specific to this game.

But to your question of contacting Deep Silver, I sent an email to them last night to question why the DLC was deactivated. Yet to hear back of course. It's early.

Ok.. And since the content is owned by Deep Silver - they pretty much can do whatever floats their boat to it. Why they did it - only they can tell you that and when (and if) they DO reply, be sure to post back here and let us know what the spin on it is.

I don't think the issue here really concerns licensing or software rights.

I for one am curious as to why this feature is no longer available. Not a good sign to me.

It's probably just Deep Silver kicking the US distributor while they're down, and by extension kicking their customer base.

Remember, Ascaron used different distributors for USA and Europe. They then got bought out by their EU distributor who have no incentive to make life easier for their rivals.

You, of course, are a just powerless consumer with no real rights to the things you paid for.

Yeah, same here. I'm in the US and noticed a day or so ago that the Imp was no longer working. At first, I thought it was just some strange glitch, but when the problem persisted I decided to check on here. Definitely strange.

Part of me was hoping they might be making some changes to the game so that the expansion could be released for the Xbox version. But I suppose that's too much to hope for at this point. But hey, at least the game is still on their radar to some degree. They've got people doing something to it, even if it's something we don't like.

that right there just makes me wanna stay on the PS3 version even more. :P although as I have stated before I started playing Sacred 2 on the 360 and I had the Imp but I got my Imp free since I had a pre-order copy of the game

that right there just makes me wanna stay on the PS3 version even more. :P although as I have stated before I started playing Sacred 2 on the 360 and I had the Imp but I got my Imp free since I had a pre-order copy of the game

So I am curious, if the US XBOX community is having imp trouble but UK(EU) is not? What about the PS3 community. It is all the same CDV/Deep Silver issue.

So I am curious, if the US XBOX community is having imp trouble but UK(EU) is not? What about the PS3 community. It is all the same CDV/Deep Silver issue.

The PS3 version never received the Imp in North America, so this issue never had a chance to arise for us.