Can't Install Sacred 2 On My Pc

Well as some know I have Sacred 2 for the xbox and pc unfortunately both are us versions. I have had it installed on my pc before but I go to install it again after putting it on Vampie's laptop to play with her the dang discs wont read on my pc after I upgraded my OS to win 7 from xp I have tried every way I know to install it running it as an admin and such but I tried once again to install it 5 mins ago and now the discs wont even read the discs are in dang good condition only have been used a few times no scratches nothing any sugjestions besides geting the EU versions as this is out of the question for now

*On a side note its just the sacred2 game disc that are doing this I tried several other games and they started right up to the install*

Edited by EvilMale

Oh I ran into this problem once before. I had put my Sacred 2 DVD's into my CD drive, hehe. Silly me. Did you by chance do the same? If not did you test your DVD drive thoroughly?

yeah its running properly schot that's the thing I don't know why its acting like this it reads cd's and other dvd's just fine its just the sacred 2 discs

oh I am its treating them like blank DvD's half tempted to put another dvd drive in the tower to see if that will read them

oh I am its treating them like blank DvD's half tempted to put another dvd drive in the tower to see if that will read them

That actually might be the smart move. Oddly enough, there have been some reports (mostly on laptops with Win 7) where the DVD drive doesn't quite function properly under Windows 7. Before you go through the hassle of yanking drives, you might want to check to see if your current drive has a firmware update available and apply it. I've had a few drives in the past that have had weird behavior under various versions of Windows - and the firmware update generally fixed the problem. It's usually a fairly painless process.. Download the update, any updater utility if applicable, and follow the instructions on how to do it.

the firmware is up to date I am quite picky about all that

Ah.. Well... Not everyone is, unfortunately... It was an avenue to explore before you started yanking drives. Good luck with the swap...

well I might have got it to work had to add my old IDE dvd drive to my sata machine but it seems to be working it reads the disc just odd the other drive wont read it

I have problems like this with both my DVD drives under win7. They like to alternate as to which one wants to work on any given day. If I keep a disc in the drives and never open them they're both fine, but swapping discs is a real pain, usually ending up in a reboot.