Inquisitors For The Impoverished.

Little Faith

I've been poking around the Inquisitor build board, but most of the guides there are like: "Needs Niob Smith/Shopper" here, "needs lucky boss-farmer" there and "can't hack it at high-level Ice and Blood" all around.

Is there any kind of inquistor that I can take through the campaign without a gaggle of waterbearers to proffer him up? One who can forge through the trials and tribulations of the game by the sweat of his own brow?

I am Playing with the CM-patch, so no leech-bugged demons.

Sure there is :)

I would use this skill setup:

Utility skills:

Bargaining

Blacksmith

Defensive skills:

Armor Lore

Toughness

Constitution

Offensive skills:

Dual Wield

Astute Lore

Astute Focus

Ancient Magic

Combat Discipline

Hunt regular enemies, play extensively with the astute aspect and utilize Levin Array + Clustering Maelstrom + Raving Thrust to the best of your ability. Always hunt in densely packed areas to maximize the XP gain and level up quickly without having to run the campaign. Keep bargaining at char level and work on making a + all skills suit to additionally help the bargaining/blacksmith skills. Use the dual wield skill to get 2 good weapons (any kind) with a lot of sockets to add decent modifiers that will boost your spell damage.

You only need 1 buff with this build: the almighty Reverse Polarity. Make a buff suit to go along with it (armor + 2 weapons which sockets are filled with Reverse Polarity runes) and leave the buff at level 1 to help the regeneration times even more.

Just keep your equipment on par, level up bargaining, astute focus and constitution, followed closely by astute lore. Also, add 20 points in armor lore to reduce the armor penalty. This way you'll be able to max and master bargaining early, that will help you shop good socketables, constitution will boost your HP, and astute focus, along with the 20 point in armor lore will keep your regeneration times low. On level 80 you'll get astute lore mastery, which will make the levels a snap to gain as long as you hunt in densely packed areas and utilize clustering maelstrom to the best of your ability.

Edited by Dobri

If you take nether focus, you'll need the lore as well, otherwise inexorable subjugation will take really, really long time to kill a boss - we're talking like over 10 minutes at higher levels and over 5 minutes at lower levels.

In 5 minutes you can gain twice as much xp from grouping regular/elite enemies. Be aware that without enhanced perception (which the inquisitor can't take) and other chance to find valuables mods, the boss' drop isn't much better than an elite monster's drop.

You might be better off with another skill... The question is which one :)

- concentration will let you add zealous doppelganger as your helper and will reduce the regen times

- combat reflexes will render your inquisitor a bit harder to hit

- alchemy is an interesting choice - it will increase the duration of the potions of the mentor, which means more xp for you

- damage lore is also an option - it will increase the chance of getting a secondary effect out of your levin array (in essence, reduce the enemy's attributes)

that's a very tough decision.

Best way to determine what you need is to take it as your last skill.

If you are taking a bit too much damage choose CR, if you want to level up quicker take Alchemy (Alchemy is awesome) and if you're finding your LA+CM+RT combo is not doing it's job effectively (or you're a bit lacking in power) take DL.

If you're feeling lonely, take Concentration :P

If you take nether focus, you'll need the lore as well, otherwise inexorable subjugation will take really, really long time to kill a boss - we're talking like over 10 minutes at higher levels and over 5 minutes at lower levels.

You assume I wanted Nefarious Netherworld for the damage. I was thinking of it more as a support aspect. Dislodged Spirit and Paralyzing Dread are excellent boss gimpers.

But, well, it might be more prudent to take Spell Resistance or something.

In 5 minutes you can gain twice as much xp from grouping regular/elite enemies. Be aware that without enhanced perception (which the inquisitor can't take) and other chance to find valuables mods, the boss' drop isn't much better than an elite monster's drop.

You might be better off with another skill... The question is which one :)

- concentration will let you add zealous doppelganger as your helper and will reduce the regen times

- combat reflexes will render your inquisitor a bit harder to hit

- alchemy is an interesting choice - it will increase the duration of the potions of the mentor, which means more xp for you

- damage lore is also an option - it will increase the chance of getting a secondary effect out of your levin array (in essence, reduce the enemy's attributes)

that's a very tough decision.

A while back, I ran an Inquisitor through the Silver campaign (most of it anyhow) with Bargaining kept maximized (first skill taken) and oddly enough - the drops I was getting from quest givers, as well as bosses was pretty darn good actually. Nothing super stellar with legendaries at every turn, but I got more than my fair share of uniques and set items - as well as white, yellow and blue items. Gray items were pretty much nonexistant except when I was visiting the slums (Western Tyr Lysia Kobolds and the like). Also, the skill says that at mastery, you're supposed to get better drops over all as well.

I run inquisitor on bronze, boss drops werent good but quest rewards were awesome .. I got set item at almost every thylysium quests, while my tg just got 2 set items from these quests. And map reaveal is also great help with finding good items. I run with just 60% and I got very nice drops from mobs. Even once I found 1 legendary and 2 uniques out of one group of mobs o.o. But game crashed while I wanted to check what items were :D. As inquisitor I love south of entruag ^^

Sure there is :)

I would use this skill setup:

Utility skills:

Bargaining

Blacksmith

Defensive skills:

Armor Lore

Toughness

Constitution

Offensive skills:

Dual Wield

Astute Lore

Astute Focus

Ancient Magic

Combat Discipline

Hunt regular enemies, play extensively with the astute aspect and utilize Levin Array + Clustering Maelstrom + Raving Thrust to the best of your ability. Always hunt in densely packed areas to maximize the XP gain and level up quickly without having to run the campaign. Keep bargaining at char level and work on making a + all skills suit to additionally help the bargaining/blacksmith skills. Use the dual wield skill to get 2 good weapons (any kind) with a lot of sockets to add decent modifiers that will boost your spell damage.

You only need 1 buff with this build: the almighty Reverse Polarity. Make a buff suit to go along with it (armor + 2 weapons which sockets are filled with Reverse Polarity runes) and leave the buff at level 1 to help the regeneration times even more.

Just keep your equipment on par, level up bargaining, astute focus and constitution, followed closely by astute lore. Also, add 20 points in armor lore to reduce the armor penalty. This way you'll be able to max and master bargaining early, that will help you shop good socketables, constitution will boost your HP, and astute focus, along with the 20 point in armor lore will keep your regeneration times low. On level 80 you'll get astute lore mastery, which will make the levels a snap to gain as long as you hunt in densely packed areas and utilize clustering maelstrom to the best of your ability.

That's sound like a sweet single aspect character :) I'm willing to try it :) (on console so no blacksmith/Ancient magic, may be SR&CR for extra defensive measures).

true, inqisitor in FA doesnt have ancient magic, which doesnt make himn awesome caster

Actually, :)

With our inflated allskills values, we don't miss AM very much. It would be nice for Niob "immunities" but we just power thru them with +5,000,000 allskills.