Lag issues with XBOX

Hello,

Is anyone experiencing exceptional lag while playing on-line?

I play with a group of 6-8ish people, all local (Southern Ontario [Canada] & New Jersey [uSA]) except for one guy who is in BC. When we play a multiplayer session with him (Be it 2 people or 4) we get huge amounts of lag. At times it'll take 30seconds or so for the game to catch up. We'll be walking in place, or swinging repeatedly for that time.

He believes it is something to do with the Multiplayer programming code (?), Xbox service/servers or the distance between us (Southern Ontario & BC).

I'm not sure, I am not particluarly Compu-inclined. I've suggested he plug the xbox direct into the modem and remove the router and all the other junk from the equation. I think its a settings/NAT/port/Firewall issue...

I also told him I'd ask on here if you guys/gals have had any experience with mega-lag, since (I assume) some of you play in game lobbies that have intenational participants/connections.

Appreciate any input or suggestions!

Thanks,

LN

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be right to assume you're using modded stuff right Luke? That's your problem, if you use massive area attacks, it'll cause lag....If you put this 4 Socket garbage in your Hero's Chest, it'll cause lag....I can go on all day with the cons of modded stuff but those 2 that I just named off are the 2 biggest lag causing issues....

• 2 weeks later...

Lag issues for the xbox360 are common and infamous. The game is designed for HD TV and the computer coding is not very good. You need a very fast connection to reduce this problem and so does everyone you play with. Ways to reduce lag are the following:

(1) Turn off all your damage details. You don't need to know how much experience you get or damage you or the enemy are doing.

(2) Pretty magical effects create massive lag from all classes, the High Elf is the worst. Melee and ranged weapon attacks cause the least amount of problems. Cast magic slower to allow the engine to manage the data.

(3) Turn off your buff effects. This doesn't mean don't use your buffs, just get rid of the graphic effect.

(4) Turn off the targeting circle.

(5) People using Mods in your game, so close the room and start a new one.

(6) Avoid activating alot of side quests all at once.

There are likely to be more ways, I just don't remember all of them. The first suggestion will make a huge difference. Good Luck.

Had 3 in a game last night. No issues, but we are all in the same town in Ontario. It's when we add the guy from BC things get messy.

Sometimes we'll have trouble getting into a game, something about 'not finding the server' or something like that, but once we were in it was fine. (Except waiting for users to goof around with inventory, take a phone call, go get a drink and any of the other endless stream of distractions that pop up as soon as you join a MP game...)