BFG seraphim , dual wield seraphim

katia19

Uhm hi :) im new at this forum.

I begin to play the game since some days ago im not experienced at all but I look all characters and I decided to make a serahpim because she looks awesome ^_^.

I read on internet that exist 2 ways of seraphim.

1)bfg seraphim

2)dual wield seraphim

Can someone explain me what is the difference between them? :)

The biggest difference between the 2 is the gameplay. BFG seraphim prefers ranged combat while Dual Wield Seraphim goes up close and personal to slash her enemies.

BFG seraphim derives her power from a single BFG buff, which acts as a weapon - in essence, you always have a very decent weapon, regardless of what kind of dropped items you're getting. Dual Wielder Seraphim is usually only as strong as her weapons are.

Another difference are the builds. BFG build tend to utilize more aspects (ending up with a mixture of Revered + Exalted), while a dual wielder build can happily take only the exalted warrior aspect and concentrate on utility and/or defensive skills.

In general, these are the biggest differences in my opinion. Both builds are very strong, very well protected and very good for any type of player.

The biggest difference between the 2 is the gameplay. BFG seraphim prefers ranged combat while Dual Wield Seraphim goes up close and personal to slash her enemies.

BFG seraphim derives her power from a single BFG buff, which acts as a weapon - in essence, you always have a very decent weapon, regardless of what kind of dropped items you're getting. Dual Wielder Seraphim is usually only as strong as her weapons are.

Another difference are the builds. BFG build tend to utilize more aspects (ending up with a mixture of Revered + Exalted), while a dual wielder build can happily take only the exalted warrior aspect and concentrate on utility and/or defensive skills.

In general, these are the biggest differences in my opinion. Both builds are very strong, very well protected and very good for any type of player.

Aha thanks for the replay.What would you suggest me to build ?

I would suggest a BFG seraphim, especially if you have no support characters (pre-made characters with utility skills) - you can use this build as a standpoint - I hope you like to read :P

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=11988

If you're just starting, this build will help you get a bunch of set and unique items to share with a dual wielder utility seraphim if you like.

I would suggest a BFG seraphim, especially if you have no support characters (pre-made characters with utility skills) - you can use this build as a standpoint - I hope you like to read :P

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=11988

If you're just starting, this build will help you get a bunch of set and unique items to share with a dual wielder utility seraphim if you like.

Thanks a lot I will start to read your post right now :)

Uhm can I ask you one small thing? I dont know if this the right place to ask so low things but how did you add that image as your avatar?Because

I cant see mine... Sorry for the low question im just curious xD

Simply go to your profile's control panel, edit avatar, add the avatar image somewhere on the internet and use the link to that image :)

I tryed that and I get some kind of error <_<

It says "You cannot link to that type of image"

Edited by katia19

well, make sure it fits the correct image parameters (I think it was 120 x 120 pixels or something similar) and try to upload it from your PC if necessary.

well, make sure it fits the correct image parameters (I think it was 120 x 120 pixels or something similar) and try to upload it from your PC if necessary.

Done thanks again and sorry for the foolish question ;p

Hi Katia, seems like Dobri has given you all you need to know about starting your first Seraphim.

Welcome to the forums :) Are you playing single player? or online?

Let us know if you have any more questions, the people around here are very helpful!

The seraphim is actually a very versatile class that can be played many ways. I recently tried a build that relied on nothing but archangel's wrath and flaring nova for her damage. Silly me at the time didn't know that wrath only gets damage from one weapon, so it completely nullified the dual wield I had taken. Once nova had a decent cooldown and nice half recharge, I basically never had to left click again. Bosses went down super fast with an under 1 second wrath also benefiting from the half recharge I had.

Sadly she died at the grand inquisitor in bronze, one shotted because of her total lack of defensive skills. But she flew through the campaign super fast due to her extreme Area of Effect damage. I plan on remaking her, but sword and board style, no warding energy.

Actually, dual wield is never a bad choice for an offensive caster. Too bad seraphims have it in the second tier of their skill tree, otherwise it would always be my first choice. Dual wielding with a caster character is outstanding. This is also what makes the Pure Caster Inquisitor keep the momentum he acquired with the same build in S2FA here in the Ice and Blood expansion.

It is very unfortunate that the Seraphim has very poor first tier combat skills. Having something like Damage Lore + Dual Wield to boost the Revered aspect would have been amazing. 2x Kaldurs + Celestial set + AW (mod for salvo) would drop anything on the map in just a few casts - including bosses.

Edited by Dobri