Harry Potter - 4.45 PM Montreal today - Paramount

Very cool...

However, given I'm in Los Angeles, and Montreal is ~2,850 odd miles from here, and that would take approximately 2 days to drive (nonstop) and I don't have a passport - I don't think I'm going to be making it... Sorry...

But please, do review... It'll whet my appetite for when it arrives on DVD.

Well, I enjoyed the movie when I saw it...on the day of release :) Definitely leaves you hanging in preparation for part two though. It is a tad slow, but the book is the same for that part of the storyline, but Part 2 should be action packed!

Hehe dreeft.

That was an enjoyable flick. Much better than the previous. I think this one was darker still than any previous so far which gave it a nice edge. I found the story had a stimulating complexity to it. There seemed to be a great deal of story telling going on with several elements to keep track of and ponder over. I thoroughly enjoyed all 2 and a half hours of it. :)

Can't for the next one!

Well, lol, the first thing I noticed that this movie wasn't 3d. That's me being suckered into the whole 3d thing hook line and sinker. For a while I was trying to resist and instead try to only go see a movie in three d if I had to...but after Tron... ha. Good 3d is good, and once again, like almost everything else in life, it's how things are approached that makes it successful or not. So no 3d, no Super AVX, no imax, no deep rumblepak (thats those seats that put you on top of a mini roller coaster o_O) , just a plain old movie with a somewhat decent sound level, though I would have appreciated it a bit more if the volume was a bit louder.

Onto the review!

I liked it. Yes, this is indeed the darkest of the Harry Potter movies. There is a lot of pain, and some deep-felt character losses, with a scene where Hermione is being tortured...well, which is just down right gruesome and gueling to bear. But this is Harry Potter all grown up. They aren't school newts anymore, and our leading actors are now pretty in their young adult years, and facing challenges that come with that part of our lives that seem to be as almost insurmountable as Valdemort's attempt to rule the world.

The first 30 minutes of the movie took me by surprise, and I wasn't expecting there to be effects flung around so quickly. The effects were good, and as I said, this is certainly the darkest of the Harry Potter movies. I remember saying to my cousin in the theater, that this was more of a scary time than the last Saw horror movie :lol:

There were some parts which I thought were pretty boring like Dragon Brother noted. Those scenes out in the wood with the tent...strange off focus camera shots, the epic blur of the now popular framing effect...beh I've seen it done oh so well in Galactica which made it all the rage, and even the obviously inspired shots of the landscape a la Lord of the Rings. Yeah I could see the attempt, but I just didn't think it was all that successful.

What I did enjoy was how scared I was for all these characters I have read about and watched onscreen now for years. I was fearful for their lives and this told me the movie had succeeded in making me care.

Part two's coming when again?

Waiting for it

:)

gogo

p.s. I expect you took a concorde next time Dreeft :whip: