SacredWiki Quest Template Revision

Oh, for Quest Bosses I'm going to exclude it as part of the template since there really isn't that many. I do agree that Quest Bosses should be in the page like you had done but since there really isn't any bosses left to add I don't think it would be beneficial to quest writers on the whole. Reason being that they would have to delete the section 95% of the time which is just one more thing they'd have to do. I think it might be best to just check on Quest Boss submissions every so often to ensure they've been properly done. Do we have a CM Patch Quest Bosses listing somewhere we could refer to on occasion?

EDIT:

Found it!

Boss#Community_Patch_Bosses

I guess we'll need to refer to patch notes to ensure this list is up to date.

Ah ok, I thought I remembered you telling me there was one more but I wasn't sure. ^^ Would it be difficult to get the forth CM Patch boss? Do you know where I could find it? I think for now it would be a good idea to add it to the boss listing as a red link. Just so it isn't forgotten on the wiki.

I know where exactly to find it. I just don't have any character near that area now, and I didn't want to rush to that area. Though I think I'd do it to get the description (maybe on a lower difficulty). And this one doesn't have its own quest at the moment. I made the description for the others while I was testing the quests. The only bad thing here is that I have several projects lined up already. I have to finish the translations, write the walkthrough for The Impostor, describe an Easter Egg I found some time ago... and so on. I'll check the last CM boss as soon as I have some time to do it.

Oh I wasn't suggesting that you should do it. Only that you instruct me on where to begin to look. I wouldn't dare ask you to do something more. I know how much you have already. :) I can get the entry started at the very least. I just don't know where/how to find the last boss.

Sorry. If that's the question, than the big turtle is here:

5e0fd089e158.jpg

(Gartor is inside this cave).

But looks like you've got even more projects on your hands than I do. Actually, I don't mind looking for the last Boss, I just want to finish the things I've already started before attempting to accomplish one more task. Of course, I don't mind somebody else doing it, but if nobody have time, than I'd do the turtle's page.

And by the way, to find out his 5 spells, you may look for 'gartor' in the spells.txt. They are all listed in the same section of this file.

Back to the quests. We have the categories for the Light path and Shadow path quests and for CM ones too. Maybe we should make one for the Singleplayer only quests? As I remember, they're more multiple than the quests added with the CM patch.

• 3 months later...

Heyas. I saw that there's been quite a bit of talk about adjusting the template so that the tab/mini map images don't get squished when the browser window is smaller than 1280 width. This has been a nuisance for a while and I think it would be great to resolve. The problem arises not so much in that someone's screen resolution is too small but when someone might make there browser window smaller in order to see other things on their desktop. I do this often. Instead of adjusting the widths of the columns in the upper part of the Quest Template I think it might be a better idea to give the width of the tab/mini map images a fixed width rather than it's present fluid width. 516px should do the trick.

If you guys can figure out how to do this that would be great. I can see what needs to be done but I don't have the time to fiddle with it for the time being. A div with a fixed width around the S2frame might do the trick.

I'm happy you like it, gogo! Also I was not sure if all pictures were relevant.

Btw, I've been screwing a bit the quest template, since I saw there's a problem with 1280x1024 displaying. Look at the attached picture 1.

Then when I looked deep in the template, I saw the columns there in the header were set to 50% - 50% in the top part, and 60% - 40% in the quick walkthrough part (which is obviously not working properly, as the screenshot is far bigger than the 40% available). When I rewrite the page code for having 48% - 52% widths in both cases, I get displayed as attached picture 2.

So guys, I think we should change this in the template to apply for new quests. What I'm not sure is how to deal with existing quest writeups... there are a bunch of them, and not all of them match the current template, you know :unsure:

Happy wiking!