Steeler Nation

Well we beat you 39 to 26 at your place this year and last time we met in the playoffs, we beat you 41-27 (at Heinz Field again).

Now you're coming to my place lol...should be a good game but obviously picking my Pats to beat the Steelers (once we get rid of those loud-mouthed Jets)

So we are the underdogs. Nice! Most folk root for the guys that aren't expected to win. Besides when the Steelers are told that the odds are against them, they find a way.

Just sayin!:viking:

wow, wow and a couple more wow's.......I really really want a smoke now :(

Well I really don't like the Steelers, but I really really really don't like the Jets. Plz plz kick their arses for me :D

• Like! 1

OOHHH Smack, Just heard on the radio. Dude ouch. Hooyah Steeler Nation, Home game again next week. Man it's going to be crazy around here this week.

Sorry robb but like they say, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I won't tell anyone you'll be rootin for the Steelers.

:viking: Lets go Steelers :viking:

I have to say I am very surprised. I never thought I would see the Jets beat the Pats. With all respect to the jets, I thought the Pats were the team to beat, and the biggest threat to the Steelers. After all these great games leading up to the Super Bowl . I hope the Big game is not a let down.

lol, yeah it is a bit rough. the league is constantly making up new rules. Not to make the new and exciting or the competition more fair, but to protect the players from permanent injuries.

Tonight one of the players was accidentally knee-ed in the side of the head. he got knocked out cold. The commemorators were talking about the lack of protective gear. Not the injured players helmet, which probably saved his life, but the lack of knee pads on the player that kicked him. lol

I must say, as an Australian, I have no idea how American football works.

But they certainly wear a lot of protection :P

Well when you consider that in just the Jets v Patriots games last night 2 players were carried off to hospital strapped into stretchers, I would say that the protection is justified.

In the meantime, GO STEELERS, Polamalu for president! :cow_white:

Polamalu is probably the only guy I really like from the Steelers...that guy is simply amazing...almost every game he makes a 'highlight reel' play.

At least when he is healthy. :) He injures himself on come crazy acrobat play at least once a season. But, I second the favorite player vote.

One of the mechanics that Furian67 and I used to work with ran into him at Lowe's Home Center in Seven Fields PA (north suburb of Pittsburgh) a few years ago and said he is the most laid back, down to earth guy in the world. Very polite and soft spoken guy. He sure lets his hair down on the field. (pun intended)

Hmmm...is the super bowl like the grand final or something? Win it and you're number one until the start of next season?

The NFL has 2 conferences: the AFC and NFC. the play off winners of each conference go to the big game for all the marbles. the Pittsburgh Steelers just won the AFC championship for the 8th time in 45 years and the Green Bay Packers won the NFC title for the 1st time since 1997.

It should be a great game

FRom the residents of Patriots nation to the residents of steelers nation ... Thank you for kicking some jet butt....

Edited by Genenut

I would also like to thank the Steelers. I no longer have to listen to sound bites from the Jets :)

That said, the Steelers are my 2nd least favorite team so *cough* Go Packers*cough*

I would also like to thank the Steelers. I no longer have to listen to sound bites from the Jets :)

That said, the Steelers are my 2nd least favorite team so *cough* Go Packers*cough*

Now that is just cold. You've got no love for the hit squad? 8 AFC Championships, 6 Super Bowls Championships, and Troy Polamalu.