Darkness - The Dusk of a New Skin

Wishes granted. :)

Sweet..! I hate to be a pest - but any chance of tweaking the stock ad bar - the one with the links to Sacred3.org and DLGamer - if for no other reason than consistency... If I post something to the effect that the guy should click on the bar on top to get himself a copy of Sacred 2 Gold, and he's using the stock theme, he'll be looking at my post like I was on drugs or something.

Is it just me or do youtube video's not go fullscreen?

Edit: Quick test...

Using the youtubehd tags doesnt even give the option to fullscreen -

Simply putting in the youtube link text gives you the fullscreen option, but when you click it nothing changes -

Edited by Dragon Brother

Is it just me or do youtube video's not go fullscreen?

Edit: Quick test...

Using the youtubehd tags doesnt even give the option to fullscreen -

and simply putting in text when you click fullscreen nothing changes -

Odd... At one point not long after the upgrade, this issue was brought up - and was fixed (or so it seemed). Looks like something got undone...

Argh. Youtube changed their embed code again... On the checklist for tomorrow. I swear they do it just to make us crazy. :crazy:

Need some coffee Schot ? :Just_Cuz_12:

Alrighty. Youtube is fixed. It actually was still working all along but we've had two different bbcodes for youtube that I didn't realize. The Youtube bbcode that was in the drop down list of bbcodes is now gone. In fact there is no longer a button for Youtube embedding. You just paste the whole address url of the youtube video you want to embed like so:

EDIT: Aaaaand fullscreen is working. For me at least!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exIcL7KUisY

Altho I loved the old blue skin, this one still is my favourite colour, bring in darkness! Kill the Cakes! And let the cookies multiply!

MUHAHAHAHAHA :butcher:

:evil:

*runs away before any Cake Paladins catch up*

cheers!

I had quite a shock when first saw that there was a new skin (I thought I was at the wrong place), but I really think this skin looks cool (in fact, I couldn't stand the Christmas skin anymore, I was about to send an e-mail/open a new topic about when the Christmas skin would change.

Good find on the new skin! :)

Max

Max!

I'm happy to see you here on this post! I just read and responded to another post of yours I just read about you moving. So far away? :o

Glad you like the skin. There's a few peeps here who's responses to our skins over the last few years that I've always looked forward to reading. Think of it as a kind of barometer for me, which I'm happy that we were able to find something to get the community happy about this time around.

Yeah... lol, Christmas was getting tiring huh

:P

gogo

WOW! That's almost all I can say. The new skin almost made me fall out of my chair - it's quite stunning!

I feel like it really gives the site a unified and..."official" feel (I guess you could say). Very pretty, and so elaborate!

*wanders off to get lost in the new stuff*

Hey hey Schot ? :D

Just noticed a little problem with text colors again - this time with 'quick topic preview' function. Text appears black on a dark grey background.

Some more coffee ? ^^ :Just_Cuz_12:

@Schot: Very much so :3

I'm not sure if this is new with this skin or not, too, but I really like how the different groups are distinctively color-coded when viewing users~! It's probably not new, and I'm just forgetting the old skin, but I like it XD;

You're welcome Woody and thank you for posting about it. :drinks:

Actually... gogo remastered the colors and probably why you are noticing it now. Cool eh! :)

Just wanted to put my 2 cents in here. I use a 4:3 monitor at home and at work. You may not be able to buy many 4:3 monitors anymore but there are a lot still in use out there.

Well its a good thing I choose to go with an ipod touch and a netbook and they were out of netbooks ao I had some extra money ...

My 21 inch crt died violently today (think grandmal seizures) I'm now in the 16:9 column at home since they only sell widescreens at Staples and Walmart (the only local places that sell monitors in my town) I miss that extra 3 inches of space at the top of the screen :-(

Looks like the netbook will be next year .... unless I get an end of the financial year bonus this year at work...

Edited by Genenut

Glad to see that the extra space is put to good use with the addition of the Map of Ancaria! :cow_white:

Scleameth! Firstly, I love the sig. Sharpy, punchy... lol is this the reason why yer a member here... to show off yer talents :P

WOW! That's almost all I can say. The new skin almost made me fall out of my chair - it's quite stunning!

I feel like it really gives the site a unified and..."official" feel (I guess you could say). Very pretty, and so elaborate!

*wanders off to get lost in the new stuff*

Jag Girl! *hugs* You have been away from here for far too long! I don't know how you do it, but you always come up with the sweetest way of saying things, and specially great if you love the new skin. Yeah it's pretty detailed,you're an artist, so like Schot , you can probably get lost in the depth.

@Schot: Very much so :3

I'm not sure if this is new with this skin or not, too, but I really like how the different groups are distinctively color-coded when viewing users~! It's probably not new, and I'm just forgetting the old skin, but I like it XD;

ayup, we've been putting some more work into the groups, and have come up wtih some new colors...also I think this being the first dark skin we've ever had, color differences are really showing up.

Yeah we likes!

:)

gogo

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of an update on the condition of our new skin. After much browsing on our forum with this new skin it became apparent that it's fixed width was near impossible to work with so I got to work on making the skin fluid so that it will expand based on everyones screen widths. This will resolve several problems but most important to us is that it makes the Downloads section look so much better. In fact the Downloads portal has been given a unique width compared to the rest of DarkMatters. It will use 100% of the screen width so as to be able to see as many Downloads as possible. I haven't made it the default skin yet but if you'd like a preview then by all means change your selected skin. If you scroll all the way down to the bottom of the forum you'll see a drop down box that says "Darkness". Click on it and choose "Fluid Darkness".

As well as fixing the width problem I also fixed many mistakes made by the skin author. Advanced Search for example was missing more than half of it's functions. 10 to 20 images that should have been in place as part of the skin were not implemented and oddly enough there were, and still are, many graphical mistakes that I corrected. Much to my annoyance... Anyway!

I still need to fix the search box positioning and the skin's footer. I don't think I'll do anything else unless other serious problems are found. I'd like to move on to making my own skin for us and after working so closely with this one I'm fairly certain I can top it. :agreed:

Enjoy the extra elbow room. ^^

P.s.

If the skin looks all garbled just refresh the page. You should probably clear your browsers cache in that case.

• Like! 1