Shadow Warrior Build ideas?

Nalgfar

Hello,

I'm new here and also to the game just leveld my SW to level 40 and now I'm thinking of making an reroll because the build I used had his focus on all 3 aspects and in the end I feelt like "master of all but nothing" so I would like to hear our ideas about the build I got in mind for my reroll.

1.Tactics Lore

2.Death Warrior Focus

3.Armor Lore

4.Constitution

5.Sword Weapons

6.Combat Discipline

7.Concentration (don't know I've it is really required for I'm not going to use another buff than Grim Resilience)

8.Toughness

9.Alchemy

10.Blacksmith

Well it's a bit basic I know but what should I say I like the classic rpg build more (by the way it comes closer to the sacred 1 gladiator )

one aspect to concentrate on and some crafters skills (well don't know I've there is some to craft in alchemy at all but it sounds good)

Hi and welcome.

I have built several builds for the SW. Some around builds from Wiki, and some of my own that I just experimented with.

You are right about not using all three focuses, best go with 2, IMHO.

I am currently using :-

DWF, MCF, and Concentration. That way you get to use 2 very nice buffs. ;)

I have added Tactics and Armor, and now Blacksmith ( for obvious reasons ) and EP ( for cool drops from mobs and containers ). I then plan on Hafted weps, Damage and maybe Spell resist.

Hopefully that will give me a pretty all round build.

I like to use all 5 wep slots. One each with weapons that carry the four elements plus the last one for physical damage. That way I am prepared for mobs with high protection against certain damage.

I try to get through silver level as quick as I can, and then start to build my toon in gold and plat difficulty, before taking on niob.

It's always nice to try and finish the class quest as you go along doing the mainline quest, I have found. Also. I start doing lots of side quests at higher levels, for both the xp & the items.

Have fun,

Steve. :)

Ok got to think about the second focus anyway what about the alchemy skill is it worth taking ?

Seems to give some nice extra buff if needed in a boss fight.

And another stupid newbie question is it really required to take any of the weapon skills wouldn't it be the same just pushing lots of points into Tactics Lore so there'll be no need to just use one kind of weapon or I'm wrong.

thanks.

Ok got to think about the second focus anyway what about the alchemy skill is it worth taking ?

Seems to give some nice extra buff if needed in a boss fight.

And another stupid newbie question is it really required to take any of the weapon skills wouldn't it be the same just pushing lots of points into Tactics Lore so there'll be no need to just use one kind of weapon or I'm wrong.

thanks.

Alchemy can offer just about anything that a character can need. If you know which trophies to use to shore up specific weaknesses, it is one of the best "utility" skills in the game.

No, it is not necessary to take a weapon-lore. The biggest thing it offers (IMO) is "item level without penalty". You may have already noticed if you try to use a weapon that is higher-level than you, an attack speed penalty is incurred. But, if you are playing a melee class (like the direction you seem to be going...) then I would say you do want a weapon-lore mostly for ease of use; they offer nice attack speed bonuses and some extra attack value as well. Definitely until you are very comfortable with the game and it's mechanics, I recommend having at least one of the weapon-lores with a melee toon.

There are just sooooo many choices, lol !

Do you want to Dual wield ? That'll take up one of your skill choices.

Then, do you want to swing a two handed wep, or maybe a one handed wep and a shield !

Aaarrrggghhh * head explodes * :Just_Cuz_21:

That's why it's always good to experiment loads, till you find what you enjoy playing the most.

Most of us will have had dozens of low level toons before we start getting any high level ones.

Steve. :)

Personally, I've grown very fond of dual wielding myself. :) I like the attack speed it gives while having two weapons, plus I don't feel as limited in that I can use either single handed swords or hafted weapons. And if you happen to get the right weapons, like, say, Officer's Blades, the things you can play with sockets...

And like many people, I've used at least Tactics Lore, DWF, MCF, and Concentration (1 point only) for my SW. I just love the fact that, with the SW, DW and MC are both melee based aspects, so I don't feel like having to choose one over the other, and I get a pair of buffs that makes his skin that much thicker. :)