Moderator editing request.

Hi.

I don't mind one bit if a mod has a problem with a post and wants to edit that post. I know that they will do so in the best interests of the community.

But can we change the system slightly please ? What I would like to see is, that when a mod has edited a post, it will say so at the bottom of that post, like it does on other forums. I have just had a post edited, and now it makes no sense. Anyone other than myself will look at that post and wonder what on earth I am on about ! I would rather have just had the post deleted than changed beyond recognition.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with mods doing thier job, but at the bottom of the post, it should then say " This post has been edited by a moderator ", then it is clear.

Thankyou for your time.

Steve. :)

Hi Steve

I got your email, and actually just before you sent it , I was able to make the comments on the post I edited show up. This skin is slightly different and it wasn't offering me a Note option as default, or I could not find it in time. I'm sorry about the confusion.

When you sent me the email, I then deleted the post as you asked.

Cheers

:)

gogo

Hi Steve

I got your email, and actually just before you sent it , I was able to make the comments on the post I edited show up. This skin is slightly different and it wasn't offering me a Note option as default, or I could not find it in time. I'm sorry about the confusion.

When you sent me the email, I then deleted the post as you asked.

Cheers

gogo

Thankyou very much for your help Gogo. I appreciate what you do.

What do you think about my post above ?

As you know, on SIF, when a mod edits a post by some one else, it will say so on that post, so it is clear to all that has happened.

No worries Steve. This skins has a bunch of new features on it and changes. We'll soon be able to dig out the auto add edit comment by moderator soon. For now, the manual edits I put in and spoke about in my above post will hopefully suffice.

gogo

No worries Steve. This skins has a bunch of new features on it and changes. We'll soon be able to dig out the auto add edit comment by moderator soon. For now, the manual edits I put in and spoke about in my above post will hopefully suffice.

gogo

That's really good news Gogo mate.

I really respect the fact that you give us feed-back on our posts. It lets us know that you care. Good job my friend and keep up the good work that you do.

All the mod team here do a top job.

Cheers,

Hear hear!

Bless you for the good taste!

And since you don't drink, what about a slice, instead, of this delicious, just-defrosted Bailey's Irish Creme Cheese Cake.

Compliments of the house

stef%27s+non-baked+baileys+cheesecake+6.jpg

gogo

p.s. LOL.. dinna worry Steve... more slices hidden in the back for all y'else who wants some! :thumbsup:

Hear hear!

Bless you for the good taste!

And since you don't drink, what about a slice, instead, of this delicious, just-defrosted Bailey's Irish Creme Cheese Cake.

Compliments of the house

p.s. LOL.. dinna worry Steve... more slices hidden in the back for all y'else who wants some! :thumbsup:

I do drink...just not often...baileys I do enjoy...had some last night actually :)

And...I'm sorry steve, I couldnt help myself...

istockphoto_4194601-empty-cake-plate.jpg

Edited by Dragon Brother

So, Steve ( the new CM ) was right...........the cake is a lie ! :cry:

No, it was great, there just isnt any left :P

Looking at my 'Christmas tummy', maybe you did me a favour, lol !

I'd better play more Sacred to burn of some calories !

I'm so glad that our Moderators have the courtesy to notify us and other that they have edited posts. A certain other forum I have been posting on had my posts suddenly edited retoactively. A friend pointed it out to me and I found that what had been a serious, well reasoned argument had been 'butchered' so much that it made me look like a whining 2 year-old brat (turned out the moderator was friends with the person I was argueing with and they play together in the same faction). Needless to say I don't frequent that forum anymore.

Thank God that we can trust our moderators here! :thumbsup: