I was playing around with the gamefiles recently,
trying to find out a way of reading out:
- picture files of weapons, interface etc..
- quest names+descriptions ..
- 3d model data+effects ..
- world map data ..
- localisation/translation files ..
- maybe als hoping to find skill descriptions, dependencies, modifiers, etc somewhere..
you can download and install the client from here:
What I found out so far:
- Mythos still uses the same game data file formats as it did in old client,
- and Mythos still uses the same game data file formats as Hellgate London does.
- you can extract the *.dat files
- you can't read the 'cooked' files by default (eg. 'cooked' .xls or .xml files)
in the root folder where you installed Mythos to, there is a folder named data_mythos
inside it, there are all the relevant *.dat and *.idx files ..
I used a small program called Unhell -
as found on XeNTaX - game research forum,
which was developed for hellgate - but works for mythos too:
(tool is command-line based)
now, this will extract and unpack all the *.dat content,
however you can't open most of the 'cooked' files, that you will get as a result..
you can, however, listen to most of the sound files for example..
Now, I'm looking for a way to view the content of the cooked excel and xml files for example.. ?
also, maybe this could help to.. started an inquiry over at hellgateaus.com as well:
They are modding Hellgate for SP, with quite some success ...
(remember that hellgate and mythos both use very similar technology/gamefile-formats etc)
IN THE CURRENTLY DISTANT FUTURE, WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO MOD AND USE THEIR HELLGAT MOD-TOOL FOR MYTHOS:
check this out:
Reanimator - A Hellgate Modding Tool