Two Worlds II

I hope you have a great time running with us barri.

Oh and GZ on level 37 - soon we have you in archmage clothes.

See you tomorrow ... and get skype & headset, so we have free hands for picking nose or killing mobs. :4rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Now around 23 clan(DA) running around on server 100.

Having 2 sister ingame guilds... Horsemen.

Mostly hoping coming expansion is wery soon & with new cool stuff.

Exept that mostly doing the same stuff & having funn on skype.

Heya,

oh man! 151 Dmol :thumbsup: My 'Archmage' is level 65 iirc

yeesh... havent had time to play lately :( BUT... I did get the headset thingy ;)

I hope there will be sets and uniques in the expansion! Will it be patchlike, or Box-version?

Greetz

• 2 weeks later...

Not shure yet, since nothing is out official yet.

Try check zuxxez forum.

We usually are from 2 to past 10 online in skype group in weekends.

Edited by D-molisher

Console review time! Grabbed this on rental from Blockbuster last night. First impressions are above-average... which is nice as most RPG's on consoles these days do not tickle my fancy. Played about 4 hours yesterday, 2 of which was more or less "tutorial" and then I found a minigame - dice! Those 2 hours really flew by :)

I like that you can go any direction with a character (like Oblivion)- so you can essentially set up a save game about 2 hours in and then not have to bother with the beginning / "tutorial section" of the game again and again.

Epic fail for not offering a female player-character, but I'll get over it. :oooo:

Combat seems annoying so far - mostly because the controls aren't the best - there is definitely delays between input and action, especially with blocking. Maybe this will be less annoying when I get used to it?

4 Attributes - I like the simplicity, but crave more depth... 'nuff said.

Skills - Again, could be deeper, but only 6 levels doesn't give enough time to form a proper opinion yet.

Spells - Waaaaaaaaaaaay to early to say much except it's different and leaves lots of room for experimenting and customization. Needless to say this is the first direction I am going with my toon :D

Crafting - Seems to be just about on-par with what I expect from this type of skill... upgrade / customize your armour/weapons... create potions/salves/etc... again too early to say how necessary this aspect of the game is. Hopefully it is more like Alchemy in Sacred 2 than Bargaining in that respect....

Rogue skills - Kinda seems like an afterthought to me... but I'm typically a rogue-type player so I have a biased opinion :ninja:. The sneaking/backstabbing seems way too simple, hopefully its less straighforward than the "tutorial" suggests. Lockpicking... seems too easy to start, but I had a go at a high-level lock and failed horribly, so I'll need to explore that aspect some more.

Money - I gotta ask... Is there anything to do with it? Comments in this thread seem to say "yes" but after finding the dice-game, I went from ~500 auras to over 20k. When an NPC ripped me off for 300 auras (I gave $$ for info, and he just ran), I was like.. "Meh, I'll just go win another 20k..."

Scaling - I normally wouldn't have anything to say about this topic with a first-impression... but I ran into a couple of enemies (skeleton/undead) that I had absolutely no chance to beat... but a rhino goes down in 3 fire-bolts and can barely dint my HP-pool with a full-charge at me... seems wrong but maybe I was in an area that was too much for me with those skellies.

Well, at least there is over 150 levels to go up, so there's lots of time to form proper opinions :) but I think I will enjoy this for the rental period (a week) and not be returning this tomorrow, main-quest finished without anything else overly compelling to complete... (I'm looking at you, Fable3)

EDIT: I just remembered the baboons... OMG did I ever laugh my rearside off with them! Whomever decided to give them a ranged attack is a genius :4rofl:

Edited by essjayehm

Rogue skills - Kinda seems like an afterthought to me... but I'm typically a rogue-type player so I have a biased opinion :ninja:. The sneaking/backstabbing seems way too simple, hopefully its less straighforward than the "tutorial" suggests. Lockpicking... seems too easy to start, but I had a go at a high-level lock and failed horribly, so I'll need to explore that aspect some more.

Ever played Fallout? That was the best lockpicking system I've ever played! ... errr... sorry a bit off topic, but great review!

EDIT: I just remembered the baboons... OMG did I ever laugh my rearside off with them! Whomever decided to give them a ranged attack is a genius :4rofl:

Any relation to the pengosaur poop discussion? :unsure:

Ever played Fallout? That was the best lockpicking system I've ever played! ... errr... sorry a bit off topic, but great review!

I didn't play Fallout yet... but this lockpicking system is very, very good. Maybe 'too easy' for some gamers, but not so hard as to be inacessable for those with less dexterity... very nicely balanced.

Any relation to the pengosaur poop discussion? :unsure:

not that I know of...

Anywho, I finished the game in about 48 hours, doing a fair number of side-missions in the first chapter; and only a few sidequests in the second chapter, and then scrambling on the last day of the rental to finish the game. I played on the easy difficulty setting (of easy, medium and difficult) and the game provided a very decent challenge, up until I figured out some tricks for the "mage" style gameplay. After that, there were literally 4 or 5 monsters in the game that provided any type of challenge, and the rest of them were relegated to "stun bolt with damage effect", rinse and repeat.

I used the Soulpatcher dude to undo all my stat and skill point allocations (very nice feature!) and re-rolled a melee toon at one point in chapter 2... and realized that melee has it pretty rough in this game (I immediately re-rolled back to mage ;). Maybe I should've played one more to get a better feel, but I found it very fustrating that the enemies can "juggle" you so that you do not have an opportunity to block, fight back or even drink a %&@# health potion if the enemies score continious sucessful hits on you.

Spell system - while not as immense as I thought it was at a first look, there are about 70 distinct "effects" and typically 2 effects can be stacked into a spell - lets just say that there are more than enough combinations to experiment with. Anyone want a tornado-shield filled with anvils? 8)

Rogue system - the thief-type skills seem more like an afterthought rather than a "class" unto itself. But there is room to roleplay a "true" thief with backstabbing and the ranged skills.

Crafting - not necessary at all in my experience... but maybe the up-close and personal toons would get some benefits from "free" healing potions via alchemy and ekeing a few extra points of defense from upgrading armour and weapons.

Overall, for the console version, I would definitely recommend this as a rental for anyone who likes the hack and slash kind of game. I would compare it very closely to Elder Scrolls IV (Oblivion) in form and function; and anyone who LOVED that game will probably end up with it in their gaming collection.

Edited by essjayehm

I loved Elder Scrolls IV, this is just 3rd person though right? Thinking about getting the royal edition, heard mostly mixed things about it though.

Yeah, unfortunately, no way to get to a 1st person perspective (that I found).

The main reason I recommended renting, it may or may not be exactly what you want from this style of game. I also loved Oblivion, and I started out loving this; but by the time I had finished the campaign, my enthusiasm had dwindled quite a bit, and I had no interest in going back and replaying it.

actually I usually enjoy 3rd person games more, just heard that there were problems with camera control and whatnot, sounds really cool so far though. Level 125 and 151 characters?! What's the level cap?

The level cap is something like 37000, totally absurd since you wont get decent XP after you reach level 35+, and the equip caps out at level 50 methinks it was.

Highest I've read that some have reached in SP was level 45-46, so unless you dont play MP you'll never be able to equip the 'best' gear, without some tweaks that is.

The level cap is something like 37000, totally absurd since you wont get decent XP after you reach level 35+, and the equip caps out at level 50 methinks it was.

Highest I've read that some have reached in SP was level 45-46, so unless you dont play MP you'll never be able to equip the 'best' gear, without some tweaks that is.

Last I checked, level cap was actually 503...Modders are the ones with levels above 503! Also, about the gear in that game Spunky, the highest level item is only level 60 and that item is a Crystal Axe......

so one of the only games I've seen with a level cap higher than sacred, followed by star ocean: till the end of time. Wait, so all your equipment stops getting better way before you reach max level (or even a pretty high level)? huh

The level cap is 32.767.

But most off (DA) left 2w2.

Purringcat got reset on her account the second time, it was cause she gave/ donated something to someone using a trainer in multiplayer.

If that happens your account will look like you used a trainer, and well after grinding again 500 hours and getting reset - is bad.

So I dont feel like gaming it again, if I am unlucky donating some to the wrong person - I might get reset.

My main is level 167 in around 600 hours, at this level serious grinding ( marshlands ) makes you level 1 level an hour - if full 8 man group.

Let me explain:

If you kill mobs = 10 % killing mobs bonus.

Pr person in party after first person = 5 % extra, so full party is + 35 % xp from base.

And a full group in marsh = 1 respawning area at each off 4 portals + 4 spawn areas at sarcoffagus.

So if a good group 6 peops will kill, or all 8.

Killing rate required 2.500 to 3.500 mobs an hour, pr person.( go wizzy - even as subclass in marsh ).

Trick is 1 hit em - at spawn spot, dont let them get a step waisting time for next respawn.

I solo sarco from level 36 - after level 46 I havent used a mana pot or a hp pot.

Sarco is only 4 times 4 respawns- but best xp is spawnspot Area of Effect them.

Each portal is 6 mobs respawning.

Total is 40 respawning mobs.

I got level 44 in sp- and well you get alot off low level respawns to kill for level 46.

But doesnt matter - highest level armor is level 46, highest level weaps in 50 for ftr/ for wizzy high level staffs is 27. In sp highest level gear is crystal shields / swords / axes level 60.

Noone exept modders gottens past level 44, in Sp. Because its only lower than level 20 mobs that respawn & they are so low xp.

So theres like alott missing rofl ( more gear higher level etc ).

Edited by D-molisher

So theres like alott missing rofl ( more gear higher level etc ).

Yeah, it really felt like only about 1/2 or maybe even 1/4 of a "finished" game. A little more than a demo version, but really not much to do after finishing the campaign. Heck, even only about 1/10th of the map is utilized, and a good 1/2 of the map is open ocean (you can sail it, but not much else...) or "off-limits" as when I got out of my ship and ran inland, I was teleported back to the beach & a message said You have strayed too far from the path:(

Hopefully there is a lot of expansions (plural) planned, if only for 2 Worlds' fans...

I still don't understand what the attraction is for getting your toon to level higher and higher when your equipment has a level cap?

And as far as I could see all our high level members just played over and over in one area...the marshlands. That has got to be boring after a while? :unsure:

I think the single player side of the game is far more "finished" than the multiplayer is.

the same reason you do it in sacred but without the allure of set/legendary items? Personally I'd probably do some grinding to try and "complete" a certain character build, like how in sacred by level 75 I've pretty much become set in that character's playstyle but I still level them up to get the rest of my modification points and skill mastery etc. (though I haven't really done that much more leveleing as my highest level char. is 78 I believe). That being said I still haven't played it so I don't really know.

I did level myself fairly high, because I wanted all skills.

And now shes done; ftr skills/ ranger skills/ rogue skills/ mage skills/ forging skills/ general skills.

I cant spend another skillpoint - because nothing left.

Amd amy grind - in any game, can & will get boring. Unless you do some to get distracted, like chat with friends on skype / listen to music or simmilar.

Edited by D-molisher
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm confused about the release date. Amazon lists the PC game release as December 2011. But its already available on steam. Holy Hannah! is this against the p word or what?

I still don't understand what the attraction is for getting your toon to level higher and higher when your equipment has a level cap?

And as far as I could see all our high level members just played over and over in one area...the marshlands. That has got to be boring after a while? :unsure:

I think the single player side of the game is far more "finished" than the multiplayer is.

• 4 months later...

Finally got a copy of this game and I really like it a lot. A lot more than dragon age tbh.

Well, I had to do this Rustler's Run on horseback and after about 15 attempts I gave up trying. It seems that one has to have an absolute flawless run to make it back and forth in time, but I ALWAYS end up running into some or other obstacle that costs me that precious 5 seconds... eventually I dropped a personal teleporter at the halfway mark and ported there when starting the run and casually trotted back with oodles of time to spare and completing the objective of the quest, but now my map is marked with the waypoints of the run and it's still flagged as an incomplete objective in my log book.

Is there any way to cancel a quest?

Otherwise things are going well good with my battle mage, although I feel like I should have a lot more magic cards than I currently have. I keep on getting oodles of Necro staffs and gear, but not very much for fire which is what I'm trying to specialize in. Is the game dropping me a hint that I'm not getting? :xmastree::unsure:

I hope the game dishes out more\all skill books or am I going to have to fork up 12K at a merchant? At the moment I'm level 15 and just can't seem to break the 6K gold mark... There is always just "something" that I have to purchase right now before starting my savings... actually it's very similar to my real life financial situation... :3lmao:

Otherwise I'm lock picking like a maniac, but I like that the game rewards my lock picking efforts with a skill point here and there...

Oh and voice acting is a little dodgy - I've actually never complained about voice acting before with any game, but there are some NPCs in this game that would get a few slaps talking like that in real life. There's a guy (close to the Rustler's Run) on the jetty that want to buy termite larvae from my, but is constantly chewing in between sentences - I know they want to highlight that he's actually eating the larvae, but heck that was just a LITTLE OVER THE TOP!!

But still stunning visuals overall - once getting used to the blur effect...

Finally got a copy of this game and I really like it a lot. A lot more than dragon age tbh.

Seconded... I disliked Dragon Age as well (console version) but this one wasn't too bad overall.

Well, I had to do this Rustler's Run on horseback and after about 15 attempts I gave up trying. It seems that one has to have an absolute flawless run to make it back and forth in time, but I ALWAYS end up running into some or other obstacle that costs me that precious 5 seconds... eventually I dropped a personal teleporter at the halfway mark and ported there when starting the run and casually trotted back with oodles of time to spare and completing the objective of the quest, but now my map is marked with the waypoints of the run and it's still flagged as an incomplete objective in my log book.

Is there any way to cancel a quest?

On my first attempt, I missed it by about 1/2 second. 20-odd tries later still didn't get it... it's hard. Not sure about cancelling.

Otherwise things are going well good with my battle mage, although I feel like I should have a lot more magic cards than I currently have. I keep on getting oodles of Necro staffs and gear, but not very much for fire which is what I'm trying to specialize in. Is the game dropping me a hint that I'm not getting?

IIRC, I bought 80% of my cards... they don't drop often. I found that I got a decent mix of elemental gear so maybe just the area you are in gives more necro stuff...IDK

I hope the game dishes out more\all skill books or am I going to have to fork up 12K at a merchant?

I did find a walkthrough that said all skill books are obtainable in the first chapter... but you gotta explore 'everything' unless you follow the guide.

Otherwise I'm lock picking like a maniac, but I like that the game rewards my lock picking efforts with a skill point here and there...

That was my favourite part of the game... until I got it mastered then it was boring as heck.

I hope the game dishes out more\all skill books or am I going to have to fork up 12K at a merchant?

I did find a walkthrough that said all skill books are obtainable in the first chapter... but you gotta explore 'everything' unless you follow the guide.

That was my favourite part of the game... until I got it mastered then it was boring as heck.

Well I'm trying my best to explore as much as possible, but I've found 2 or 3 caves that are a little above my level that I just need to leave for later on... But it is a big world to try and explore everything. And I'm not gaining much xp from critters anymore, so I'm aiming to complete side quests and then I'm basically exploring in a straight line, so I'm probably missing a whole lot along the way... but I'll just have to start visiting merchants more often rather than dismantling items to make room in my inventory. I have a ton of iron and wood which is far less valuable than actual items. Or go roll some dice... :crazy: