[CM-Patch] New weapon set for Dryad

18 members have voted

1. 1. Spawn every...

• 10 levels
    • 15 levels
    • 20 levels
    • other

Heya,

Here is some propositions for a new blowpipe weapon set for dryads.

I got some ideas of names for these new items, but feel free to give new ideas! :D

Full set name - Memories of the Trees

---

Blowpipe - Legacy of the Forests

---

Ring - Tree spirit's secrets

---

Amulet - Forest Guardian's Protector

Now feel free to CM-patch team to choose balanced mods for those items.

Edited by Woody
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boss hunter set for dryad sounds really nice. If it gets implemented, it may just make me start a dryad (finally). She's the only char I haven't played, really :P

I'm not really into dryads, but I've seen enough to say that they are really tough. I would like a completely offensive bonus, like chance to disregard armor, deathblow, all skills, direct damage, double hit even, etc. As a full set bonus, I'd like something epic, special and odd, something you can't get anywhere else. For example Chance to pierce (projectiles perforate). I think that could be interesting.

I'll have as many of the Tree spirit's secrets combo #1's as you got. :D

Interesting item mod options Woody. The Amulet though I chose other because none of it's options really stood out for me.

I know what you think Munera, I thought also about something really "Epic". But we need to get something balanced and special at same time.

None of the current blowpipes ingame have % Life leech - that's for me the special thing that dryad can get in a new mini set.

I also thought about chances to pierces - but is there any usefullness of this mod ? Is it really working well ?

I think it's better to don't do superhyperoverpowereditems, because if we add all the "usefull" mods that we can already get by trading or lucky drops on other items like rings and amulets, this means that once we get the desired item, we won't have to trade or hope for another find that complete the gear we're dreaming about since we started a char.

If we compare to bergonix or other mini-classes set made by original devs of sacred 2, most of the jewelry have crappy bonus, here we have the chance to have a team that take time to read our wishes and try to balance everything and make everyone happy, and we shouldn't abuse of that to make the game too easy.

This is just my opinion :)

I totally agree with Woody. It's all about making a nice all-round set - not something overpowered that will make the playthrough a snap. Life Leech % is good, because blowpipes are really cool, but in order to make a decent leecher dryad you either need to go for dual kaldurs or get a shuriken, because a 2-h sword is way too slow.

The negative side is that this can force the game into becoming even more sandbox-like, but this is what I actually like about it :)

Nice :)

Full deths + LL blowpipe would be very destructive. Sounds like fun!

I think it would probably be overpowered...the amount of leech you get from deths is insane and coupled with a weapon with the attack speed of a blowpipe adding more leech...I think thats a bit much especially seeing as its a weapon that only a dryad can use...%LL is already overpowered as it is...

I would focus more on defensive bonuses on the ring/amulet and on the pipe maybe hit chance and deathblow and damage bonus for the type of damage it deals. Set bonus...idk...+hp and bonus to the damage type of the blowpipe (larger than the one on the pipe)?

Edit: I like the idea of doublehit somewhere...

Edited by Dragon Brother

Not to ridicule your naming choice, but wouldn't the name "Legacy of the Forest" flow better than "Forests' Legacy?" Also, do you guys have a suggestion box or something? I know I'm on console, and that the Patch doesn't affect me, but I still wanna contribute! :bounce:

Forest's Legacy, legacy of the forests, either way...legacy of the forests seems a tad long winded to me for the name of an item, but then we already have an item named "somethings Legacy."

Although the set name, "Memories of the Trees" makes more grammatical sense.

Forest's Legacy, legacy of the forests, either way...legacy of the forests seems a tad long winded to me for the name of an item, but then we already have an item named "somethings Legacy."

Although the set name, "Memories of the Trees" makes more grammatical sense.

You call that longwinded? I would like to have a word with you about some Righteous Hands of the Celestial...

Anyway, it occured to me that the Dryad already has a set item called "Bark of the Forest," so maybe my suggestion isn't such a good one. Ah well.

Oh yeah I know guys, my english spelling is really bad. :sweating:

I think it would probably be overpowered...the amount of leech you get from deths is insane and coupled with a weapon with the attack speed of a blowpipe adding more leech...I think thats a bit much especially seeing as its a weapon that only a dryad can use...%LL is already overpowered as it is...

If the LL% on the blowpipe is the same as on the shuriken - what it change exactly ? The difference is we can't use shield with blowpipe.

I don't think this will be "more" overpowered to add LL% to one blowpipe, becuase against normal ennemies, LL% don't make a big difference, it just heal you more, and against bosses, we can have 5 hits at same time as with shurikens with Darting Assault, when we'll get only 2 hits with a blowpipe with Double-hit mod of Ravaged Impact.

All in all, this don't do a lot of difference in terms of power to use a LL% blowpipe or a LL% shuriken.

Oh yeah I know guys, my english spelling is really bad. :sweating:

If the LL% on the blowpipe is the same as on the shuriken - what it change exactly ? The difference is we can't use shield with blowpipe.

I don't think this will be "more" overpowered to add LL% to one blowpipe, becuase against normal ennemies, LL% don't make a big difference, it just heal you more, and against bosses, we can have 5 hits at same time as with shurikens with Darting Assault, when we'll get only 2 hits with a blowpipe with Double-hit mod of Ravaged Impact.

All in all, this don't do a lot of difference in terms of power to use a LL% blowpipe or a LL% shuriken.

Eh...thats true...I forgot about the darting assault+shuriken trick. Maybe the only unbalanced thing about it is its an extra %LL option that noone else gets...how about make it a shuriken based set so it is multiclassed?

And your english is great, grammar based things like that can be tricky for some brought up speaking english.

Eh...thats true...I forgot about the darting assault+shuriken trick. Maybe the only unbalanced thing about it is its an extra %LL option that noone else gets...how about make it a shuriken based set so it is multiclassed?

The goal is to do a special set just for dryad, with her class-specific-weapon, as Bergonix for SW, but I also love this idea of a shuriken-set too :D Maybe an idea for a new-set, but maybe then there will be too much sets ingame...

And your english is great, grammar based things like that can be tricky for some brought up speaking english.

The goal is to do a special set just for dryad, with her class-specific-weapon, as Bergonix for SW, but I also love this idea of a shuriken-set too :D Maybe an idea for a new-set, but maybe then there will be too much sets ingame...

What I would really like to see would be a dual wielding set...2 different weapons and a couple of amulets/rings or something.... :) In honour of Drizzt Do'Urden perhaps...?

Edited by Dragon Brother

What I would really like to see would be a dual wielding set...2 different weapons and a couple of amulets/rings or something.... :) In honour of Drizzt Do'Urden perhaps...?

100% agree :thumbsup:

Hmmm too much LL% everywhere will kill LL% I think - we already have new 1h-weps implemented by CM with LL%, some old aspect-sets got LL% and SW have a new LL% set...

I think it's better to don't do superhyperoverpowereditems,

Well then you should offer other options for this set because almost every answer makes it overpowered. Just look at the other sets of the dryad or also other characters, there is no one with comparable modifiers. Why must a new set always be such strong?

There are so much other options to make a set or an item "special", than just to collect the strongest, best and most useful modifiers together. Isn't it also part of this game do find out which items are the best for my character and to combinate and collect them. Or are all the other sets to weak and the enemies to hard? - I don't think so.

This CM-Patch already offers many more options to the player than before. And if we want to give more of them, I think it's not the right way to create such strong sets. Maybe a few parts could be set with that modifiers you suggest, but I don't see any other sets where all the parts are useful in that way.

It's easy to make the perfect set but it's really not the way to make a good balanced game.

Just a few ideas you should think about before creating a new set...

If the LL% on the blowpipe is the same as on the shuriken - what it change exactly ?

It gives the chance of instant hits with more leach than even deteyas set gives. %LL is the most overpowered bonus in this game. An additional item with that bonus not necessary, especially since the dryad already has more than enough options to use %LL.

There is another thing we should consider here, Slevin. Your logic and analysis is impeccable, but if we make a new set that is actually poorer than what we have, who will spare any time in finding it? CM patch works with SP LAN and open net, which is very much "a free kingdom". Anyone can fool around with the balance file and get himself as many useful items as he wants... However, if the set is good, people will be very much interested in searching for it.

You've suggested a really interesting idea for this set. Maybe it would make me like blowpipes more (for now I tend to prefer bows and shurikens). As for my choice, I have to say that I'm not into EP, but I tend to use CAs as much as I can. Therefore I like the suggestion with Combat Art skills.

And a Dual-wielding set is a really wonderful idea! I miss such a thing since Sacred 1 (There are all-class sets for various weapon types in Sacred, but nothing for dual-wielding).

There is another thing we should consider here, Slevin. Your logic and analysis is impeccable, but if we make a new set that is actually poorer than what we have, who will spare any time in finding it? CM patch works with SP LAN and open net, which is very much "a free kingdom". Anyone can fool around with the balance file and get himself as many useful items as he wants... However, if the set is good, people will be very much interested in searching for it.

I think what he is saying that for every/most sets in the game not every item in the set is useful and if by making this set which has no useless (or almost useless) items in it then even disregarding the %LL. Every mod suggested is one that you would want to socket in somewhere or have on your gear, look at the other weapon sets, +casting speed, +willpower, +atk speed, reflect stun, fixed lifeleech...all useful, but not something you would likely focus on. Its a tough part of balancing the set, the individual items cannot be overpowered and as a collective they cannot be overpowered.

Having said which, I would still like to see this implemented in someway.