Meet the CM patch developers live, in-game, in Ancaria!

I was walking through the Multiplayer Island to test some things... when I saw an ogre standing next to the house. He wasn't there before. So I come closer and realised that it is not just an ogre, but Frank Rentmeister himself. And in the house he was standing next to I saw all the other developers, translators and testers of the CM-patch.

eca4cebd3acf.jpg

Do any of you recognize somebody on the picture?

Heya,

ooooh :D

quite an honor :D

Greetz

Indeed it is... :D And at least, we aren't part of any long winded quest.. Everyone's just there. Well.. There do seem to be a few names missing - like Sliver Fox... Didn't see that name zipping around the house. Hopefully in 0110...

Indeed it is... :D And at least, we aren't part of any long winded quest.. Everyone's just there. Well.. There do seem to be a few names missing - like Sliver Fox... Didn't see that name zipping around the house. Hopefully in 0110...

As it were said, the zoo is still growing... And it definitely isn't bad. Though I hope that if the developers would ever consider me worth having a personal animal, they won't call it the way you did.

By the way, I was surprised that your animal isn't a wolf.

I was walking through the Multiplayer Island to test some things... when I saw an ogre standing next to the house. He wasn't there before. So I come closer and realised that it is not just an ogre, but Frank Rentmeister himself. And in the house he was standing next to I saw all the other developers, translators and testers of the CM-patch.

eca4cebd3acf.jpg

Do any of you recognize somebody on the picture?

lol, that's excellent. :lol:

As it were said, the zoo is still growing... And it definitely isn't bad. Though I hope that if the developers would ever consider me worth having a personal animal, they won't call it the way you did.

When I walked upstairs to see who all was up there, I found a number of rabbits (myself included) running around so fast I could barely see who let alone what they were. It took me about 3 minutes to figure out my avatar was a rabbit... I guess I wasn't being very cooperative.

Given you're one of the official translators - I would imagine you will be getting your own in the next release - that is, if they haven't already put you into one of the interim beta releases. Did you check the Russian 0104 version?

I'm not too surprised. Wolves in the game are considered the bad guys - and would likely eat the rest of the assembled crew. Housecats might be tempted, but would have a hard time, I think, with the rabbits, ducks/geese, and the frogs running around the house.

What a wonderful and exciting surprise! CM Patch keeps taking honors for the best thrills this game has to offer yet.

I'm so happy for all of you in the game, what a great reward for the contributions. This patch keeps showing off over and over the inventiveness and imagination that this game made us all followers of.

Keep going!

:bounce:

gogo

Nothing is impossible...

By now I've found cats, dogs, rats, sheep, chicken...

As I don't want too big animals like a cow or a unpleasant one like a rat to represent any of us I decided to go for cats (devs), dogs (stories), bunnies (testers) and chicken (translators).

But this is editable as far as the animal of your wish is present in the game. I don't remember to meet any fox on the way through ancaria, but if I find one you'll get it ;)

LOL who's komissar Mumm?

One of the testers from MantisBT.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob

Thank you for the explanation. I managed to miss the meaning of the animals that were used, so I was wondering why different members of the CM team got their respective animals.

Sadly, I don't remember seeing any fox either. Thank you for suggestion though.

@Wolfie: this screenshot was made in v104 (but the english one, not russian).

Nothing is impossible...

By now I've found cats, dogs, rats, sheep, chicken...

As I don't want too big animals like a cow or a unpleasant one like a rat to represent any of us I decided to go for cats (devs), dogs (stories), bunnies (testers) and chicken (translators).

But this is editable as far as the animal of your wish is present in the game. I don't remember to meet any fox on the way through ancaria, but if I find one you'll get it ;)

CU Marcus

Makes sense. A rabbit test - an old form of pregnancy test. :4rofl: That fits...

I haven't seen a proper fox in game either. About the only thing I've come across that had the name "fox" was a flying fox - a type of bat. Not sure we wanna go there. The lot of them weren't exactly friendly. Which is kind of odd given flying foxes are vegan - they're a fruit bat in real life and don't generally live in caves, nor do they try to leech your life.

Actually, there's Wolves in the game... could that be a close amalgam?

:)

gogo

Yeah.. Wolves are canids - like foxes. But as Marcus said - he didn't want any "unpleasant" characters "like rats". Wolves aren't exactly the friendliest critters in Ancaria.

ohh, just found that. Very good surprise, thank you very much Marcus.

You say the zoo is still growing, could you please add near me, by my side, my best friend on the french forum. He's very involved in the CM patch too and participates with me. He would be very pleased to discover his name in the zoo. His nickname is oOfilthOo

I hope you won't see any inconvenients, thank you very much, see you.

But as Marcus said - he didn't want any "unpleasant" characters "like rats". Wolves aren't exactly the friendliest critters in Ancaria.

Well, I could take a wolf and make him behave like a dog ;)

Furthermore, I won't describe a wolf as an unpleasant npc like a rat. Remember in which town I'm living...

But first of that I've to figure out the creature ids form the wolves or foxes or whatever.

CU Marcus

Edited by marcuswob
But as Marcus said - he didn't want any "unpleasant" characters "like rats". Wolves aren't exactly the friendliest critters in Ancaria.

Well, I could take a wolf and make him behave like a dog ;)

Furthermore, I won't describe a wolf as an unpleasant npc like a rat. Remember in which town I'm living...

But first of that I've to figure out the creature ids form the wolves or foxes or whatever.

CU Marcus

Gee Marcus - Somehow, I wouldn't consider being gnawed on by a pack of wolves to be a pleasant experience. And that's pretty much what they want to do with my characters - use them as a living chew toy. But, I'll go along with you that rodents are relatively worse when it comes to on the pleasantness scale. Nasty things - carrying fleas, rabies, bubonic plague and all that.

Here's a twisted idea, perhaps... We can reskin people in the game - perhaps it might be possible to reskin one instance of a critter into a fox..? I found one that kinda looks about right:

post-14586-0-11893700-1296221205_thumb.jpg