Sig and Avatar offers for DarkMatters' members

EDIT: Well I think this might be universal colors let me know what you think can\should change:

licenseplate.png

That's the pre-1972 (or thereabouts) color scheme for a California license plate... The size and orientation looks like a motorcycle type plate. Perfect for a Mobiculum. Too bad it doesn't have a place to put it.

That's exactly what I was thinking of Scleameth. Nicely done! I really like the circular logo you made much more than the previous one. The cape is the genius of the whole thing though. I'd be tempted to do more with the cape. Like sharpen the edge that passes through half the sig and maybe work on the "ruffles?" a bit more. I think a ruffle could be done using vectors in photoshop by making a curve and then applying a gradient to it. 3 ruffles would do I think.

Looking forward to the next creation! :)

Thanks for the feedback Schot!

Ok, so out with the old:

2wqetcp.png

In with the new:

n3vvq0.png

Lemme know what you guys think should be changed.

The text shadow is a lighter, the text is outlined with Dark Blue (although it looks black...), the city is a bit lighter.

Edited by Scleameth
  • 3 months later...

Hiya Scleameth, crowgrrrl here. I don't know if you are still into making avatars/sigs for members or even have the time, but if so I would like to humbly ask for an avatar of a crow with crowgrrrl on it somewhere please.

If you are not available, would there be anyone else who would be willing to create an avatar for a noob who has no clue how to make one herself? Pretty please with sugar on top? :bye:

Thank you.

crowgrrrl

Sarah, he loves doing this! I'm sure if he's got some spare time, he'll be able to whip something up for you. Did you see that amazing siz he did for Munera? Still cracks me up everytime I read it. I'm sure Scleameth will be around soon, hopefully he'll be able to whip something up awesome for you.

:)

gogo

Hi Sarah,

I'll certainly get to work on it as soon as possible. I'm a little caught up in work at the moment, but I'll try to get something together within the next few days.

Do you want something bright or dark, happy or sombre?

EDIT:

Well, here is something for starters - please let me know if this is on the right track?

n2jorc.jpg

Edited by Scleameth

Wow, Edgar! That looks great! This is exactly on the right track. Would it be possible to have something dark, but at the same time happy? If that makes any sense..lol I love deep, rich colors especially purples, black, blues and blue greens.

Please don't feel like you have to rush or anything just whenever you have the time. I really, really appreciate you doing this Edgar. Thanks so very, very much. :bow:

Sarah

@gogo I love Munera's sig! Fantastic work. Makes me grin too..lol

Very cool! I think I would like to keep the crow black though. Do you think that would work with what you had in mind? I wish there was some way to capture the play of light on the feathers since they have a sort of iridescence about them instead of just being plain black.

Please lemme know if I'm asking too much...lol

crowgrrrl

I'll play around with it a little and see what I can do about the black vs. iridescence.

Here is something else I had in mind in the mean time:

2iqctpd.png

Edited by Scleameth

I'll play around with it a little and see what I can do about the black vs. iridescence.

Here is something else I had in mind in the mean time:

2uhn5ao.png

wow

:o

gogo

Just having issues with the size....

2rc5yc2.png

Edit: :blink: just can't seem to cut out enough!! still have the square edges... ahhh well, Sarah if you like this one I will refine it... :cool:

Edited by Scleameth

I was wondering about that crow image. It almost looks benign...not the way crows (at least in my mind) have appeared in books and such. It's eyes are almost round, like a seagull's?

Maybe it's just me and my innate tendency for being naughty :devil: guess I like dark evil crows?

crow_new1.jpg

WOW! I love the circular one, that is just about perfect. Absolutely gorgeous, Edgar.

Naughty gogo...lol I just absolutely love the crows' cleverness, boisterousness and how they can pretty much outwit us humans hands down..lol http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/26/science/26crow.html, http://www.britannica.com/blogs/2009/07/the-cleverness-of-crows/

I've always loved the saying as pertaining to crows, though I think it might have originally been referring to the number of magpies seen and I believe there are several versions, though this is the one I like the most.

It goes something like this:

One for sorrow

Two for joy

Three for a girl

Four for a boy

Five for silver

Six for gold

Seven for a secret, never to be told

Eight for a wish

Nine for a kiss

Ten for a bird you must not miss

I know some people see crows, ravens, etc. as bad omens even today, but I don't. I think they are fascinating creatures and view them as good luck charms..lol and seeing crows always makes me smile.

I was wondering about that crow image. It almost looks benign...not the way crows (at least in my mind) have appeared in books and such. It's eyes are almost round, like a seagull's?

Well, I originally thought about using a picture of an origami crow, but could not find any that was not silly... so I came across that picture and I gave it a go... there's always a couple of hit and miss attempts :sweating:

So here's another attempt to get it completely round. Please let me know if you want something changed!

30sbt3n.png

I actually like the first incarnation of it better. I think because the background designs showed up a little more. Would that work? I know you were having size issues with that one.

And at the risk of being very greedy...lol would you possibly have the time to do a sig for me with seven crows flying?

Please tell me if that is too much to ask. I feel I am being greedy..lol

Shouldda recognize. That was one heckuva disturbing movie, though I kinda liked it a lot. :D

Might as well throw you a request sometime soon, after I'm sure what I'm looking for. Kinda indecisive atm, ehehe. Just_Cuz_21.gif

WOW, WOW, WOW! Absolutely incredibly beautiful! Exquisite! I LOVE THEM! Thank you so very very much. I'm blown away. You do incredible work. I like the sig best without the words since you notice the crows more that way... :D Would it be possible to make my name smaller on the sig just so it's kinda cradled in the upper right?

Hope I'm not asking too much, I've already taken up a lot of your time :blush: but it is most appreciated. Thanks for doing all of this.

crowgrrrl