Weapon Proposal for CM-patch

It seems that everybody is making propositions for the CM-patch... I'll do the same :P

My idea is quite simple: A physical damage focused 2h sword for SW (legendary). As we all know, physical damage has been a bit scorned in Sacred 2. A wide majority of enemies have insane physical resistances and thanks to damage conversors everything has changed. Damnit in S1 all weapons were mainly physical! ^^

Furthermore, I've been curious from the very beginning about the famous sword a SW is wielding in some pics.

http://www.sacred2.com/index.php?id=110&L=0&setStyle=boese

It looks like a really heavy weapon, and suits the brutal physical damage, a raw piece of metal :D so at least we have an idea of its appearance and it won't be that difficult to create, since it doesn't have to be made up.

In my opinion, this sword has to be "overpowered" so that it can compete against "normal" weapons, but picking out modifiers that would only benefit the physical damage type. I was thinking about a very high damage base, as it will be for SW only (like Executioner's Axe or Tervon's Might) 4 modifiers and 1 or 2 gold sockets:

Chance for Double Hit +X% / Chance to hit additional opponents +X% (Sword Mastery)

Damage: Physical +X%

Opponent's armor: Physical -X%(Sword Mastery)

Chance to inflict serious open wounds +X%(Sword Mastery)

Any suggestions?

Did you ask czevak about the model for this sword? Is it really already in game?

As for the bonuslist, it looks OK to me. Just a sword with no boni except for the damage itself, but a good one. It seems to match SW's tendence to just fight with the weapon in close combat, maybe even without using CAs. It doesn't seem overpowered, though in may become so if the values would be high. High damage base may let it compete with Dual Wielding, but it can't be extremely high. And maybe 2 gold sockets would be too much for it. Maybe it'd be better to use 1 gold or 1 gold + 1 silver.

I didnt mean that it was already in the game. It's like Buffy's Scythe. U only have to create it, but not imagine it as there are pics of it.

About the mods, the 3 last ones have to be a must, but I'm not sure about the first one. Perhaps Chance for critical hits +X% (Sword Mastery) may be better. I think it doesnt matter if the bonuses are a bit high (mods at least) because they are modified by sword lore (by the mastery actually), so they're not a static value and will fluctuate depending on your skill level. So having high-value mods is balanced with the loss in skill points :)

I didnt mean that it was already in the game. It's like Buffy's Scythe. U only have to create it, but not imagine it as there are pics of it.

About the mods, the 3 last ones have to be a must, but I'm not sure about the first one. Perhaps Chance for critical hits +X% (Sword Mastery) may be better. I think it doesnt matter if the bonuses are a bit high (mods at least) because they are modified by sword lore (by the mastery actually), so they're not a static value and will fluctuate depending on your skill level. So having high-value mods is balanced with the loss in skill points :)

The sword is definitely doable. No problem there.

Just get all the specs together and file a "Feature Request" over at the Bugtracker. :)

Ok, now we only have to made up a name. I was thinking that the most suitable name for a legendary has to be short, shocking and direct. "Redeemer" really drew my attention.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Eh.. Redeemer works - maybe if you're playing the light campaign... but if you're not - it seems to be contrary to your ideals as a shadow character. You don't want redemption - you want POWER! - and lots of it.

Ok.. You want a name - it's going to be kind of silly - but it fits. "Hack 'N' Slash".

Redeemer... a lot of gamers could remember this powerful...thing! One of the most powerful weapons in various versions of Unreal. Not a bad reference. So I could say that the name works. While its name may seem more suitable for the Light character, I see no problem with the Shadow one wielding it. After all, I had a Light chara running around with Ker's Scepter.

Thank you for your comments! I was thinking about it too, and this is why I love this game. It may seem a sword for the good guys but you can also "redeem" people in a dreadful way killing them. If my theology is correct, the pay for sins is death, so basically you're helping people to redeem themselves... with their own destruction. Is that evil enough for you? :lol:

Remember this weapon has 2 edges, and you can look at either the friendly one or the not so friendly another one. ^^

• 4 months later...

It's great to see good suggestions being implemented in game. Though after almost two months after the patch release nobody published this sword's final stats and looks. Now this powerful weapon can be found on the wiki: The Redeemer. Behold... and beware of the one who wields it!

@Munera: first I wanted to leave this wiki page to you, since this sword is your suggestion. But since you didn't report finding it I went ahead. Hope you don't mind.

hahah don't worry silver_fox. Actually, I think I owe you an apologize. I had to uninstall Sacred 2 a few months ago (you have to do sacrifices if you have a 70 Gb hard drive lol), and sometimes I think I'm a quitter. Seeing that incredible picture of yours I've remind of the good times playing builds in Sacred 2 and know I want to come back. It will take quite a lot to install the game again though lol. So if you need help with some pages or items please tell me :)

By the way, what can I do to have the cm-patch in 2 languages? Oh and thanks a lot for the compliments, but it's nothing compared to what developers have done to implement such a wonder^^

• 1 month later...

Not exactly a weapon proposition, but still.

Is it possible to add "stun chance" and/or "dispel magic chance" (that would remove buffs from opponent - just like mod on Dryad's black curse) bonus to weapons?

Is it possible to add "stun chance" and/or "dispel magic chance" (that would remove buffs from opponent - just like mod on Dryad's black curse) bonus to weapons?

That might be possible.

What kind of weapons should be able to do it?

That might be possible.

What kind of weapons should be able to do it?

Energy weapons?

As for stun bonus, I think it should randomly spawn on heavy two-handed weapons: swords and hafted. But set bonus and/or bonus on unique/legendary gear also would be nice.

And can "chance to hit multiple targets" (I don't remember exactly, this mod rarely spawns on polearms) be made more common (or added as some set bonus for example)?

Okay chance to stun is in the game as hafted lore and mastery dependant bonus on hafted weaponry.

The ability to closedown buffs is not in as item modifier. I will have to try if it is possible to create one. EDIT: Sorry, this is not possible.

Chance to hit multiple targets is only a distance lore and polearm lore dependant bonus. Will see about that, but such a powerful bonus should not be that common.

Edited by czevak