I don't even think it's a real English word. I"ve often wondered why peeps use it as well. I think, however, it comes from the German for Bonus...and then English writers for this game began to use for the plural of Bonus? like... Genius?

maybe?

er...

I'm gonna get more coffee now

:cool:

gogo

At first, I thought it might be a plural form of the word bonus that we Americans would consider archaic (I see that kind of thing occasionally with our friends from England), but everywhere I checked (including my French-English dictionary) indicates bonuses is the plural form of bonus.

I remember when this word started to trend a while back on Sacred 2, kind of delighted me...new word and all...but could never find it referenced anywhere...hence the no inclusion in Wiki.

:)

gogo

I always thought that it was the german word for bonuses. Which, now that I just checked with google translator is the case...odd though, google translates bonuses into Boni, but cant translate boni back into bonuses...

I always thought that it was the german word for bonuses. Which, now that I just checked with google translator is the case...odd though, google translates bonuses into Boni, but cant translate boni back into bonuses...

:thumbsup:

I figured it was something like that.