AVG Free expired

Furian67

Not too long ago I had an email spam issue, and so I downloaded and used AVG virus program. Well the 30 day free version has expired and I get no more updates. It wants me to pay for the full version now. But if I'm going to pay for something I want the best for the price.

What Virus programs are out there that are worth the price AND allow Sacred to run?

err...lol, I don't use any anti virus program... at least none I pay for, and I don't have any illegally on either.

I'm extremely careful with opening Emails and attachments, and will only open an email if I recognize the address and , or am expecting one or my spidey senses don't tingle.

Attachments I am especially wary of.

Once in a while, I drive in my comp to whichever online virus checker is free that year, wait for the clean bill of health.

Not a single virus in about 7 years.

:)

gogo

Not too long ago I had an email spam issue, and so I downloaded and used AVG virus program. Well the 30 day free version has expired and I get no more updates. It wants me to pay for the full version now. But if I'm going to pay for something I want the best for the price.

What Virus programs are out there that are worth the price AND allow Sacred to run?

I am using http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/ it is free and does what I need. updates are also free. it will have to validate your windows install but that should be automatic and yours is OEM installed by Dell so your good there.

You didn't download avgfree if it's asking you to pay or it stops doing anything. You probably downloaded a demo version of the avg full version (for wich you have to pay), the free is free, and stays like that. I've been using avg for a seriously long time now.

You know Arp, your probably 99.9% right. I more than likely hit the wrong button and had no clue as to what it was anyway.

I am using http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/ it is free and does what I need. updates are also free. it will have to validate your windows install but that should be automatic and yours is OEM installed by Dell so your good there.

This is cool, I've actually never heard of this before. Does it impact the performance of your computer though, or is there any kind of problems you've had?

gogo

I am using http://www.microsoft...ity_essentials/ it is free and does what I need. updates are also free. it will have to validate your windows install but that should be automatic and yours is OEM installed by Dell so your good there.

This is cool, I've actually never heard of this before. Does it impact the performance of your computer though, or is there any kind of problems you've had?

gogo

Im with loco, I use it too, free, works well, doesnt appear to run my laptop down.

AVG Free hasn't been as effective as it used to, so I would consider other alternatives anyways.

Aside from Security Essentials, I've heard some good things about Malwarebytes, Avast, and Avira a while back. And, of course, avoid using IE like the plague. :P

Edited by Aegis

It is mainly the heuristic scanning which makes trouble with Securom. Most scanners have a special page which tells you how to bypass heuristic scans for certain programs.

5 Kids bring in as many computer virus from school as they do with kids diseases. So we do a multiboot system. The Windows partition is just for gaming and hasn't any browser installed. All internet browsing has to be done when linux is booted and everyone has to use his own account and all kids are in the limited access group called kids. Also the virus checking on the Windows partition is done with a linux program when linux is running.