PM to multiple users

Hey guys,

Is it possible to send a PM to multiple users at once? It seems like it should be possible. I am fairly sure I saw Gogo do it once :P

Cheers!

Hey guys,

Is it possible to send a PM to multiple users at once? It seems like it should be possible. I am fairly sure I saw Gogo do it once :P

Cheers!

Yeah... It's not obvious, but it can be done.

The quick way to do it - look on one of the user's posts for the two boxes about 1/2 way down the list. One of them says PM this user. Click on that.

This brings up a small dialog box - that has room for a Subject and text. Below are 3 buttons - one says Send, one says "Use Full Editor" and the 3rd says Cancel.

Click on "Use Full Editor". This will change the web page to the regular messenger page and you're all set. The top field will have the recipient's name already in it, the next box down is a field for OTHER recipients. You can specify up to 5 others (for a total of 6). Type in your subject and click Send. Viola - multiuser PMs..

The long way around - go to the upper right corner where your name happens to be. Click on your name and select Messenger on the drop down. From there, you can select the Compose New button at the top just above your stored PMs. You'll have to manually specify the primary recipient as well as any additionals...

Edited by wolfie2kX

Hey guys,

Cheers!

primary recipient as well as any additionals...

I have wondered this before, but unfortunately your tip doesnt help me wolfie...the second text thing down from recipient is the message title area...

Hey guys,

Cheers!

primary recipient as well as any additionals...

I have wondered this before, but unfortunately your tip doesnt help me wolfie...the second text thing down from recipient is the message title area...

Ok... Let's illustrate an example:

Step 1:

post-14586-0-41376200-1297398270_thumb.jpg

Step 2:

post-14586-0-12706600-1297398309_thumb.jpg

Step 3:

post-14586-0-65009300-1297398337_thumb.jpg

Hopefully that will be easier to grok than my ramblings...

• Like! 1

Yeah, no need for the pics, I could follow the instructions, that second recipient box was simply not there. However, I see how it works now, you are using the default IP.Board theme whereas I am using the Darkness theme which obviously doesnt do multi user pm's :)

Doh. Multi PMing isn't visible in the Darkness skin? I think it's time for me to send hate mail to the designer, lol. I see it is visible for me in Darkness. Might be a permissions thing. Can you confirm that it's not working in Darkness for me please DragonBro? If so then I'll see about fixing it.

P.s.

Excellent guide wolfie! Thanx for that. I might add it to our "Help" page. :)

Doh. Multi PMing isn't visible in the Darkness skin? I think it's time for me to send hate mail to the designer, lol. I see it is visible for me in Darkness. Might be a permissions thing. Can you confirm that it's not working in Darkness for me please DragonBro? If so then I'll see about fixing it.

P.s.

Excellent guide wolfie! Thanx for that. I might add it to our "Help" page. :)

YW Schot... Have at it...

Oddly enough - When I click on the PM this user button - it automatically skips step 2 and goes directly to step 3 - and I do see the Additional Recpients box. This is after switching to the Darkness skin for a moment.

Edited by wolfie2kX

No matter which way I do it, either pm a specific person by the button under their avatar or through the message area the only two text bits I get are Recipients Name and Message Subject.

Maybe there is a setting somewhere I need to change, I will look around.

Oddly enough - When I click on the PM this user button - it automatically skips step 2 and goes directly to step 3 - and I do see the Additional Recpients box. This is after switching to the Darkness skin for a moment.

I've been in Darkness since they changed skins 8)

But mine does the same as Wolfie, skips step 2 and goes directly to "full editor".

It also goes to the "full editor" if I click on Compose Message from the messenger screen.

Edited by essjayehm

I have tried in Chrome 10 and FF3. Neither have the option.

Interesting that non clan members can see it, but DB and I can't. Schot, it's not a setting is it?

It's probably a mixed up permission somewhere in both your cases and anyone else in the Supporting Member/Fellowship category. I did check it out quickly last night but I must have missed something. Unwieldy permissions. ^^

Tada! Whew. That was a tricky one. Was a user group setting. Should be good now. I "think" I also took care of the uploaded image problem you had mentioned in the New Wiki Icons topic DB. Lemme know if it's better please. :)

Sweet, I can cross those two off my list. Hmmm, let's see... That leaves only... A billion or so things left to do, lol. Seriously though, thanx for the feedback guys. It helps. :)

Sweet, I can cross those two off my list. Hmmm, let's see... That leaves only... A billion or so things left to do, lol. Seriously though, thanx for the feedback guys. It helps. :)

And thanks even more for taking the time out to help us out with these little things.

Only a billion left? huh, you've been busier than I thought :)

Seriously though, everything is looking really good. I know the amount of work you have done on the new forum and most of it isn't readily apparent. So just wanted to take a moment to give a 'nice job' salute to you :thumbsup:

Well okay. Maybe only a couple hundred but it sure feels like billions, lol. Funny about little things cause that's primarily what I do. Most of the stuff is practically invisible like database corrections or a minor graphical alignment. Of course the big thing on my list is a new skin for us. Haven't even decided on a theme for that. :sweating:

But at least multi PMs are workin now! ^^

*Tossed in comment for boy scout on topic badge*

Well okay. Maybe only a couple hundred but it sure feels like billions, lol. Funny about little things cause that's primarily what I do. Most of the stuff is practically invisible like database corrections or a minor graphical alignment. Of course the big thing on my list is a new skin for us. Haven't even decided on a theme for that. :sweating:

But at least multi PMs are workin now! ^^

*Tossed in comment for boy scout on topic badge*

Here ya go, you can even add whatever text you want to it ;)

fs_badge11.jpg

But really, we appreciate everything you do, even if we don't see it.

PS. How many different files do you need to skin to completely rework the forum?

Edited by Dragon Brother

Oh, I like big red buttons. Cheers DB. ^^

If I had to guess at the number of images I think it's around 150. Most of which are the little icons you see all over the place. Then there's the more important ones like post, quote, submit and so on. And of course the most important being the pieces that make up the framework of the skin. Hardest part is getting them all to look like they're part of the same theme. Add to that the html,css,php,js customization too... We don't really need another skin do we? lol. Oh and of course there's still a fair bit of tweaking left to be done since our forum upgrade. Settings and stuff.