New Sacred Wiki Icons

Hey guys,

Being that I can't figure out how to do a multi person private message, I figured I would post the new Sacred Wiki icons for scrutiny by the clan before they go live. I am sure Munera and Gogo will be ok with it.

The new icons are: Places, Community Patch, Easter Eggs, Item Modifiers & Skills.

sw.icons.places.pngsw.icons.communitypatch.pngsw.icons.eastereggs.png

sw.icons.modifiers.pngsw.icons.skills.png

To see them in their natural habitat (with the others): http://dreeft.com/dark/icons/

If anyone has any suggestions how to improve these, please let me know. Definitely interested in feedback.

cheers :)

Edited by dreeft

I like it. Looks really cool. On the item modifier, that's a toughy, the relationship between the Temple Guardian and item modifiers didn't jump at me. But I really have no idea what could be used for item modifier to make this relationship easier. The more I think about it the more lost my brain is getting. You had to have had a hard time figuring that one out.

Woohoo! Great job there buddy! :)

For places, you picked out the best one: So simple but you just hit the nail in the head mate. I couldnt propose anything better. I see you considered my suggestions for CM patch and easter eggs. I definitely love that eggs pic ^^

It seems you've already done the other two hehe. I vote for the skills one, its really good. However, I have to say the same thing as furian did about item modifiers. There's no conection between TG and item mods, and that's a problem. Buttons are supposed to talk by themselves, like the other 4 do, but this one... Perhaps this is going to be the toughest choice of all. Does anybody have any ideas?

I agree with both of you, I had no idea what to use for it.

I was thinking life leech lines, because it's one of the only modifiers you can actually see, but it just wasn't working out the way I wanted it. I chose the TG because I really like the gritty style of the photo (props to Valcaf for the image).

I'll keep thinking :)

Very nice. These five are punchier than the earlier images you put up in the buttons. Yer getting the "feel" of this, and it's impacting well.

I'm up for what you are happy with submitting, if you like the pix there, I say we're ready to production.

TY!

:)

gogo

I agree with both of you, I had no idea what to use for it.

I was thinking life leech lines, because it's one of the only modifiers you can actually see, but it just wasn't working out the way I wanted it. I chose the TG because I really like the gritty style of the photo (props to Valcaf for the image).

I'll keep thinking :)

Munera: Yeh, it should, but I didn't want to reveal the icons to everyone before they are finalised. The clan gets special privileges :D

Damn I already added them to wiki lol

So are we getting the TG icon then?

Great stuff Dreeft. :) For the Item Mods button you could try the in game sigma sign.

post-19-0-71089300-1297412144_thumb.png

Hmm...I can never seem to open attachments schot...any idea's why that might be?

Funny thing is, in replying to this post, in the preview of the most recent few posts in the thread I see that attachment as an image, but clicking on it gives me a board permission error which is what happens when I click on the attachment in the post itself which doesnt appear as an image.

Very nice. :) Oh you know what just occured to me. Putting names of item mods with percentages behind the Sigma could look cool. On a slant like you did the skill icons. In Small text and slightly faded. Oh and maybe stick to short named mods or make them short. Kinda like:

All Skills +14 Critical Hits +30%

Chance to find valuables +32% Chance to evade +22%

All combat arts +9 Life Leeched per hit +18

Chance for Double Hit +12% Death Blow +43%

Might need to alternate colours using mod colours. So maybe:

Blue Yellow

Blue Bronze(Unique Colour #C09709)

Bronze(Unique Colour #C09709) Yellow

Yellow Bronze(Unique Colour #C09709)

Ooh, hey I like that.

sw.icons.modifiers2.png

Definitely one of my favorite buttons.

I just love it when you see something and didn't know you would like it as much as when you experience the image for the first time.

All the new buttons are upon the wiki, great work Dreeft!

:)

gogo

p.s. Finally moved into Wiki section :bounce:

Ooh, hey I like that.

sw.icons.modifiers2.png

Just a suggestion - how about a matching + symbol to the left of the Sigma..?

post-14586-0-30238400-1297520695_thumb.png

Maybe something like this...?

Edited by wolfie2kX

Hehe, fun with buttons. ^^ I like that addition wolfie.

Thanks...

It kinda makes more sense - given the topic it's supposed to cover is the addition of modifiers to the armor/weapons in use.

Perhaps I'm asking a stupid question but don't both symbols (+ and the Greek E) mean the same? ^^

Depends on if you've taken calculus or not. Given I never took it - that wouldn't be something I'd have known.