Dungeon Hunter 2 Anyone?

I've been playing Dungeon Hunter 2 for a couple weeks now and freakin love it! It really is a Diablo clone, gameplay-wise, for the most part. That's a good thing! It's a dungeon crawler with both indoor and outdoor settings. You have 3 active skill slots, the attack button and a Faerie skill slot and can move around via virtual joystick or tapping on the screen. And like any good dungeon crawler there is tons of loot!

Anyway, that is for people that don't know what it is already. I was just curious if anyone here plays it? I haven't played online or with a friend yet--just solo play so far. Beat it with a level 38 Shadowmancer already and now am working on a Deathwalker that is level 27 as of me writing this.

Isn't it cool DB? And on top of that, last night I checked the price... 6.95! I love this movement to phone games...specially if the games are actually looking this good.

Seeing the game action/graphics last night was a paradigm buster for me.

This was a great heads up nilihanth

:)

gogo

Isn't it cool DB? And on top of that, last night I checked the price... 6.95! I love this movement to phone games...specially if the games are actually looking this good.

Seeing the game action/graphics last night was a paradigm buster for me.

This was a great heads up nilihanth

:)

gogo

It will be more expensive out here in Aus unfortunately, even with the US and AUS dollars being 1:0.998 we still have to pay *way* more in comparison....and yeah, turns out its $8.99 for me, maybe worth a look when I have to do the uni transit every day, right now though I don't really need it.

Looks cool...might have to get that one. Are the comments the reviewer made in regards to normal attacks outshadowing your special abilities and the inventory system fair in your opinion?

Depends on the class you choose I guess. My Mage's primary damage dealer was my meteor shower spell. I also used my Shadowmancer ability of raising the dead to help fight for me, usually creating a body block for stronger enemies, allowing me to blast them from a safe distance. The mage really just uses the primary attack against weaker enemies or to fill in the gap between casting spells.

My Rogue's standard attack is indeed awesome and I use it the majority of the time since it's essentially and endless flurry of weapon awesomeness. The Rogue's special attacks are good to use depending on what you're trying to specialize in. My rogue is powerful in his passive abilities more than his special moves. There are a few specials that come in VERY handy. For instance, I come up against a ranged enemy that keeps running away from me when I approach him. I use a skill that throws a knife or somethingrather at the guy, confusing him and drawing him toward me. It's the perfect anti-ranged skill. Another would be my Concealing Cloud, where I can conceal my character in a cloud, allowing me to walk around undetected to scout out an area or just take a break to heal up.

Now as far as inventory is concerned, I have no real issues with it other than some questionable "auto-equip" behavior sometimes. The auto-equip is forgivable because it doesn't know exactly how you want to use your character and, for the most part, it does pick the best equipment for you overall. I usually just hit the auto-equip button when I was in a rush and would then nitpick later when I had a break from the combat.

You also have the ability to transmute items into gold, giving you some gold, but less than what a trader would give you. Works in a pinch. You can also just flat out drop items but I don't know why you would do that.

Let me know if you have any other questions about the game. Sheesh it kinda sounds like I work for them or something. Wouldn't that be nice.

Hmmm....might give the trial version a go then...

Edit: Downloading now :)

I'll be curious what you think of it. I think one of the big reasons why I am excited about this game is that it gives me hope that similar RPGs can make their way to our mobile devices. Some people like to whine about Gameloft making Dungeon Hunters a Diablo rip-off. Well, I say let them! Blizzard obviously won't do it so someone should. Bring on the rip-offs as long as they're very fun and at a reasonable price!

Yeah, Im enjoying it actually...ended up buying the full version... :) Have my rogue who is now a shadow something at level 13 and just gotten into the storyline a bit. You don't get many points for your abilities...its a tough decision which way to go...but fun :)

You don't get many points for your abilities...its a tough decision which way to go...but fun :)

Yeah, I found it harder to decide what skills to invest in for the Rogue compared to the Mage. I can tell you that I maxed out Reflexes very early as it is nice barely ever getting hit, even by bosses.

It also seems that some of the skills behaviors don't really require being leveled up since their effect takes place whether they're higher level or not. I'll reference Returning Knife (Death Walker skill) for example. The Paralyze and drawing in happens to most enemies and I only have it at level 1 with no plans to ever increase it.

I personally keep Reflexes maxed and invest more into Ambidextrious and Discover Weakness since they're passive abilities and quite nice.

Damnit guys, I have a whole bunch of games backlogged to play. I'm currently playing Robokill, Infinity Blade, Ass Bro, Test Drive Unlimited 2, Sean White Skateboarding, Magicka AND Sacred 2... now I want to get this too! :P

Edited by dreeft

Damnit guys, I have a whole bunch of games backlogged to play. I'm currently playing Robokill, Infinity Blade, Ass Bro, Test Drive Unlimited 2, Sean White Skateboarding, Magicka AND Sacred 2... now I want to get this too! :P

Hehe sorry! Actually I'm not :tongue:

I rarely play it at home though. I play it at work when there's downtime or on breaks. It's perfect for me. The autosaving is wonderful. I've never lost any progress. Only thing you'll sometimes lose is your exact location in a dungeon. Even that is uncommon.

• 4 months later...