How do you trade between 2 players?

I've been looking at a couple of the Achievements in my log book and I'm trying to figure out what it takes to get a couple of them.

There's the Hospitable achievement - which is for hosting your first multiplayer game. And then there's the Hawker achievement.

Just for grins, I fired up a local LAN game, loaded a Temple Guardian, Alt-Tabbed out, fired up a 2nd instance of Sacred 2 and loaded an entirely different TG character. Given this is a multiplayer game, you'd think the Hospitable achievement would have been a given. It isn't.

The 2nd character has a boat load of Gold and the first, does not. I was going to attempt a trade between the two. There's, however, no obvious means to do the trade.

Putting the mouse cursor over the other TG, clicking on him, nothing happened.

Anyone got any clues on what I'm doing wrong?

Press Ctrl and click on the other player's character. That would do the trick. The first one would appear like a trader to the second one then. So the second one would be able to click on the trading fellow to trade with him.

Edited by Silver_fox

Press Ctrl and click on the other player's character. That would do the trick. The first one would appear like a trader to the second one then. So the second one would be able to click on the trading fellow to trade with him.

Thanks.. That works.. Now about the Hospitable achievement... I clearly connected two characters, but I didn't get the ding for that one.

Hmm.. I see... Oh well... I suppose I can do without that for the moment.

By the way... For anyone thinking of trying this - DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!

My first character somehow managed to overwrite the 2nd one. The item I sold from one character to the other vanished from inventory entirely.

Fortunately, Windows 7 has a feature called "Restore Previous Versions" which allowed me to restore the chest file and a backup copy of the overwritten saved game. So I only lost like 2 days worth of playing on the 2nd character. Still, unless you really know what you're doing in Windows - it's best you save going for the Hawker achievement for actual online play or doing LAN play using more than one computer.

Edited by wolfie2kX