Guide on how to re-skin a Set

the problem with gimp is, it cant open n.dds files and only opens the alpha channel of sg.dds files

and it isnt possible, to add the "surface_flag_masked" to other items?

btw. is it possible, to add the information for a dx.dds file to other items (the flowing effect of the wings) or at least, change the color of this effect? I would rather have it white to be more neutral

for other colors

an other thing I just noticed xD

do you know where these reflective effects of the torso are coming from?

thats actually what I would need for my sacred1 armor rebuild :D

Sacred_2_Screenshot_2018_03_28_00_47_49_

Edited by lolli42
more things to say
5 hours ago, lolli42 said:

and it isnt possible, to add the "surface_flag_masked" to other items?

Every gr2 model based element of the game(be it landscape, npc, spell, or an equipment piece) has it's textures defined withing the surface.txt file in a form of a surface entry. Texture behavior flags are assigned there as well.

5 hours ago, lolli42 said:

(the flowing effect of the wings)

I guess, you mean the t-energy effect. It's applicable, if the item gr2 model material has the second UV channel defined(the same is true for the Inquisitor "eeire flame" robes and the translucent effect Seraphim wings) and the 2nd channel UV mapping done correctly. The appropriate surface entry should contain the SURFACE_FLAG_TENERGY flag. The glowing patch boundaries, as well as brightness, is defined by the diffuse(_d, _dx, _do) texture alpha channel.

6 hours ago, lolli42 said:

change the color of this effect?

The T-Energy glow color is hardcoded. Also, bright white would not be neutral. It would corrupt the entire palette perception.

6 hours ago, lolli42 said:

where these reflective effects of the torso are coming from?

The shader, assigned in the surface entry. This one is "obj_d_s_b_mtl".

3 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Every gr2 model based element of the game(be it landscape, npc, spell, or an equipment piece) has it's textures defined withing the surface.txt file in a form of a surface entry. Texture behavior flags are assigned there as well.

I guess, you mean the t-energy effect. It's applicable, if the item gr2 model material has the second UV channel defined(the same is true for the Inquisitor "eeire flame" robes and the translucent effect Seraphim wings) and the 2nd channel UV mapping done correctly. The appropriate surface entry should contain the SURFACE_FLAG_TENERGY flag. The glowing patch boundaries, as well as brightness, is defined by the diffuse(_d, _dx, _do) texture alpha channel.

The T-Energy glow color is hardcoded. Also, bright white would not be neutral. It would corrupt the entire palette perception.

ty

where can I find this surface entry? (found the .txt)

and how is it possible to edit those informations?
sry I actually have no idea about game design at all xD

I just got into this

Edited by lolli42

ok so I just did this

and this

but this happened xD 

Sacred2Screenshot2018.03.28-11.28.43.42.

I actually saw this before at a weapon in a mod

so probably someone tried this before me and failed aswell^^

do you know why it happens?

Screenshot - 28_03.png

Screenshot - 28_03 003.png

4 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

well I found it but the "obj_d_s_b_mtl" is attached to all those items or at least "obj_d_s_b" I dont see if its _"mtl" or _"tf" at the items information

also, this golden torso, I cant find it in the texture files and its different from the other angeldust variations, since its rlly mirroring the world around

I would love to attach this effect to my glowing energy parts, to make them more special and...like in s1 :P

The character screenshot looks, as if either the diffuse texture is missing, or its format is incorrect.

Basic Sacred 2 graphics resources modding requires some trial-and-error practice and an intermediate-user level knowledge of Photoshop.  Advanced modding requires intermediate-user level proficiency in 3dsMax, a 3dsMax8 installation and certain tools.

55 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

The character screenshot looks, as if either the diffuse texture is missing, or its format is incorrect.

Basic Sacred 2 graphics resources modding requires some trial-and-error practice and an intermediate-user level knowledge of Photoshop.  Advanced modding requires intermediate-user level proficiency in 3dsMax, a 3dsMax8 installation and certain tools.

at this point I had the d.dds and the dx.dds file in the folder
which is no problem I guess?

or can there be too many diffuse textures?

the wings only have the dx.dds

should I rather replace the d.dds with the dx.dds in the surface and the texture folder?

3 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

texture3Name sub-entry should not be present.

yea well I added that one, to activate the dx.dds file

after I just cleared the whole entry again, to remove the "bug"

do you think, I can get the t-energy effect, without the dx.dds file?

and what about that golden torso? where did it get its informations?

3 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

You need to add the SURFACE_FLAG_TENERGY flag in the surface entry, and edit the _d.dds alpha-channel.

like this? because this gives me the black/red bug

Screenshot - 28_033.png

There's no "seraphim-angeldustfx-boots_c" material in the boots model. You must've used the surface displacement in itemtype.txt. Well, due to mechanics deficiency, you can't replace a surface with another surface, if the replacement contains extra flags, like SURFACE_FLAG_PARTICLEEMITTER. Must be the same here - you have to edit the original surface entry - "seraphim-angeldust-boots_c".

3 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

There's no "seraphim-angeldustfx-boots_c" material in the boots model. You must've used the surface displacement in itemtype.txt. Well, due to mechanics deficiency, you can't replace a surface with another surface, if the replacement contains extra flags, like SURFACE_FLAG_PARTICLEEMITTER. Must be the same here - you have to edit the original surface entry - "seraphim-angeldust-boots_c".

ima look for it in the itemtype.txt

but the wings also have 2x surface normal and fx :x

ok I found it but I dont know which are the set pieces, because they start at "var1"

and then continue with "seraphim-virtues-wings"

and actually I dont even like the t energy so much

id rather add this effect to my items :x

where does it come frooom :c

http://sendvid.com/wvc3o1ee

ok so I found it is the "virtues" one

so how did you edit it for this effect? XD

I know its made in the CP :D

Edited by lolli42
found it
4 hours ago, lolli42 said:

so how did you edit it for this effect?

This one is achieved by using the "obj_d_s_b_pulse" shader for the surface. The _d alpha channel defines the glowing patches, if I'm not mistaken

15 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

This one is achieved by using the "obj_d_s_b_pulse" shader for the surface. The _d alpha channel defines the glowing patches, if I'm not mistaken

im not talking about the glowing patches but the whole material, that just reflects everything surrounding like a mirror

no other angel-dust armor does that and by just increasing the light of the alpha channel, or editing the n.dds, I can only make it glow as fack

but not act like a mirror and be actual made of gold then, because of that

the whole set has this effect

every part of it

Screenshot - 28_03 007.png

Edited by lolli42

newSurface = {
  name         = "seraphim-virtues-torso_c",
  texture0Name = "maps/heroes/seraphim/sets/virtues/c_sera-virtues-torso_d.tga",
  texture1Name = "maps/heroes/seraphim/sets/virtues/c_sera-virtues-torso_sg.tga",
  texture2Name = "maps/heroes/seraphim/sets/angeldust/c_sera-angeldust-torso_n.tga",
  flags        = SURFACE_FLAG_OPAQUE,
  shader       = obj_d_s_b_mtl,
}
mgr.surfCreate(newSurface);

Edited by dimitrius154
10 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

newSurface = {
  name         = "seraphim-virtues-torso_c",
  texture0Name = "maps/heroes/seraphim/sets/virtues/c_sera-virtues-torso_d.tga",
  texture1Name = "maps/heroes/seraphim/sets/virtues/c_sera-virtues-torso_sg.tga",
  texture2Name = "maps/heroes/seraphim/sets/angeldust/c_sera-angeldust-torso_n.tga",
  flags        = SURFACE_FLAG_OPAQUE,
  shader       = obj_d_s_b_mtl,
}
mgr.surfCreate(newSurface);

ooook so what do I have to do, to add this effect to an other armor? :D

just add those 3 letters?

ok I got that too now
1 thing that im wondering

until yesterday I just changed the name and some informations of the models

so I always used the logicbox of the original model

is it better to use the box of the model you are putting in? or the old one?

how does it change something in the game?

after replacing the logicbox, I had a few grafic bugs that appeared randomly

2 hours ago, lolli42 said:

how does it change something in the game?

The "logicbox" is, in fact, "collision box". It defines the object's physical boundaries in the gameworld. The numbers are offset coordinates against the object's root bone. 

1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

The "logicbox" is, in fact, "collision box". It defines the object's physical boundaries in the gameworld. The numbers are offset coordinates against the object's root bone. 

I understand nothing :D
so what am I supposed to do?
keep the boxes of the original set pieces? or add the boxes with the new models I added to the info?

• 9 months later...

Thank you very much for your time, I have read it and I have started to investigate, inquire and try. Nowadays it is enough to identify the name of the set, use photoshop, the corresponding plugin and change colors. I will create a list of the sets and their location to simplify the process of editing the sets.

Patience, there are many folders but it seems to be promising when you find the folder of the unique set. The set of Dust, is not niokaste, is the standard version of the set of niokaste, the 'Angel Dust' Set.

I would like to know how to add new texture since when opening it in photoshop, it looks like a jpg image, without layers. What I suppose, is it necessary to delineate carefully to achieve the desired finish? heavens ... that's complicated.

I present my two editing attempts after installing a total of 6 times the game for breaking the textures during the "trials and errors".

Tip: Whatever you are going to do, do it right the first time. You can "break" with the graphical path so you have backup, the only way to fix it, is to install the game again. And as nothing goes well the first time, more when you can not see the changes in real time... good luck!.

- (1).jpg

- (2).jpg

- (3).jpg

- (4).jpg

Edited by Lussbhel