Guide on how to re-skin a Set

Nice work for a first try Lussbhel.

My guess regarding losing the lighting effects is that you need to either modify one of the secondary image files (_d, _dx, _do) / alpha channels of those or the base image. Refer to some of the discussions between Dimitrius and Lolli further up for some insight.

9 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

Nice work for a first try Lussbhel.

My guess regarding losing the lighting effects is that you need to either modify one of the secondary image files (_d, _dx, _do) / alpha channels of those or the base image. Refer to some of the discussions between Dimitrius and Lolli further up for some insight.

Thanks, but that was my sixth time :cry::3lmao:

Maybe by loading the texture files before creating the character? I do not know, but I prefer not to touch those files because it reaches a point where the textures do not load and you have to install the game again, if you do something wrong. 

Sin-título-1.jpg

It's been a while since I played around with these files so my memories regarding the process are a little faded, but a few thoughts are:

If you are extracting the files from the paks and saving them in the correct file structure you should be able to delete your modified version and the game will resort to the default unmodified version. Some significant changes will still require a game restart, but shouldn't need a reinstall.

Regarding the glow, I believe it has something to do with the dds file type / any alpha channels they may have. You may need to play around though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2019 at 4:41 PM, Dragon Brother said:

Some significant changes will still require a game restart, but shouldn't need a reinstall.

I agree, logically, it should be like that, but until now, I have not had those good results.

On the other hand, someone has knowledge about:

1. How to remove elements from a set? 

LTBDMod100.jpg.c3bbbfb061afc6c776f760ded00f8675.jpg

2. What has happened to this horse?

Horse1.png.6bdf53b01f78931a4b03efb44982dcbc.png

3. Is there any way to create the orc de sacred war horse skin?

Horseorcishwarhorse.gif.07f7fbecfc3b20199bf69029b1fb0ee2.gif

6 hours ago, Lussbhel said:

I agree, logically, it should be like that, but until now, I have not had those good results.

On the other hand, someone has knowledge about:

<snip>

Just to confirm, you aren't overwriting the files that are saved in the various graphics##.zip files and are instead saving your modified versions in extracted folders?

To answer your other questions in detail requires more knowledge than I have, but:

1. First pic looks like its from promotional material for the game. With better understanding of the game files this might be possible if it's removing default undergear or may require 3D modelling to edit model files.
  2. I believe this is a promotional image again so isn't something that was implemented.
  3. Probably yes, but requires some modelling effort.
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2019 at 6:00 PM, Dragon Brother said:

Just to confirm, you aren't overwriting the files that are saved in the various graphics##.zip files and are instead saving your modified versions in extracted folders?

To answer your other questions in detail requires more knowledge than I have, but:

1. First pic looks like its from promotional material for the game. With better understanding of the game files this might be possible if it's removing default undergear or may require 3D modelling to edit model files.
  2. I believe this is a promotional image again so isn't something that was implemented.
  3. Probably yes, but requires some modelling effort.

Yes, it's a promotional image (the horse with armor). But I wanted to know if they had applied it in some mod. There's mod even in Russian, like for example, adding the name of the cities on the game map, that would be great. I was hoping it was a finished job as it happened with the mutation sets, thanks for the information.

Edited by Lussbhel

What programs do you usually use for 3D modeling in sacred? I would like to learn and add new elements. For example the set of a seraphim of the E3 trailer. Here is a sample of what I did inspired by that seraphim (E3 Trailer). I added a tattoo and modified the mask a bit:

In some sets where the texturing of the chest, covers up to the shoulders, the tattoo disappears, I did not try them all, but it happened to me with the set of Megalcarwen's Garments of Mutation. When not, the tattoo is very well observed under the set.

_-(13).thumb.jpg.2529b4ae1183e064dcc0bb7edc4484eb.jpg

4 hours ago, Lussbhel said:

Yes, it's a promotional image (the horse with armor). But I wanted to know if they had applied it in some mod. There's mod even in Russian, like for example, adding the name of the cities on the game map, that would be great. I was hoping it was a finished job as it happened with the mutation sets, thanks for the information.

Unfortunately I don't believe so. The CM patch team did implement a lot of promotional type stuff like that where the items were partially implemented in the game already (I.e. model files present, but the items could not drop), but I don't recall seeing that horse.

4 hours ago, Lussbhel said:

What programs do you usually use for 3D modeling in sacred? I would like to learn and add new elements. For example the set of a seraphim of the E3 trailer. Here is a sample of what I did inspired by that seraphim (E3 Trailer). I added a tattoo and modified the mask a bit:

In some sets where the texturing of the chest, covers up to the shoulders, the tattoo disappears, I did not try them all, but it happened to me with the set of Megalcarwen's Garments of Mutation. When not, the tattoo is very well observed under the set.

_-(13).thumb.jpg.2529b4ae1183e064dcc0bb7edc4484eb.jpg

Great to see you progressing on things like this. Firstly, I can't offer much support on the 3D modelling side of things (and therefore what software to use), because it wasn't something I ever did, but if you can find any discussions on this by Dimitrius / Flix / anyone else in the CM patch team that would be your best bet.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for files to edit the game, I found some extra chairs for the special mountings and I guess they are unfinished files of Ascaron and... I found this surprise, chairs for horses? What horses do they belong to?:

1392381584_Sinttulo-1.jpg.98302b211dbbde514dfd70ad533756c4.jpg

I tried the chairs enabled in the game and they are not compatible.

And I do not know about you, but the chairs with tiger skin look like protectors. As such, they should go out in the orc region, but nothing, buy again and again to see if they appeared between the versions of Ice and Blood, and nothing. I have not tested with the riding ability at its highest level, buying in different regions, but if someone aims to investigate, it would be helpful.

screenshot.thumb.jpg.05a5a3b99bf282ca7a17b161f79c8724.jpg

Changes of the war horse's chair.

Maybe this is where the question is, you can buy a unicorn and other horses that do not have a chair. Maybe these horses belong to those chairs, does anyone know how to enable them?:

1478113125_screenshot.1(2).jpg.668ace3e39d3611e40279e15ade50cd0.jpg

screenshot.1.jpg.df1e96b75ecd134cf1ce5bd0261fcdd6.jpg

Sample of the replaced Hell Hound mount (Read the next paragraph) for a chair that is not enabled in the game, there are others, the same for each class. And I have retexturized the horse with parts of different photos of black horses. That's why the face has a bit of realism and is a black with details, not a black spot.

Important: The chair of the tiger, is not the chair replaced. Here I replaced the skin of the Celestial Magic Sabertooth Tiger with that of the Evasion Sabertooth Tiger. Each element obviously has its render, you can not use a texture in a different render. So in this case, I had to replace the skin of the tiger. I have not tried the other tigers, maybe replacing the skin of the white tiger with that of the Exalted Warrior Sabertooth, producing an error, because that skin is dark, and those of the other two, no. MAYBE... I have not tried with them.

I did the same with the Hell Hound, I replaced the skin of the Death Warrior Hellhound with the skin of the Resistance Hellhound (The standard model).

Edited by Lussbhel