The secrets of Survival Bonus

What is SB? What do we know abput it? NOTHING, at least I havent found a guide in Darkmatters or even in Wolfe's lair (awesome website :D). So post here all your knowladge and thoughts about SB and we'll put up a guide about it. Or if u already know a good guide about it, post the link here.

My theory: SB is like luck in most games - a pointless attribute that affects everything and I mean EVERYTHING in the game. So the bigger it is, the bigger the affection. So what does it affect?

1. Resistances - ive seen my resistances increase with more SB

2. MF - magic find. More sweet drops from monsters, but mabye quests too?

3. Damage - as bonus to you're res. it gives a bonus to your wep. More dmg coming ahoy!

4. Chance to meet chempion monsters - I have a hunch on this, cuz my seraphim with huge SB found more champions than my 3% SB Vamp.

5. Hitpoints - ? mabye? just guessing.

So thats my theory - a little stat that affects everything majorly. It prob. affects more things and gives a big boost to them, but the catch - as u die it goes to zero and to increase it bigger it takes more time. AND Sb increases with the time the ORANGE circle is around you're char.Some say in increases with kills. Dont know about that but could be possible. Anyways the ORANGE circle method is approved.

K, post you're thoughts and I hope we can unlock the secrets behind this thisng.

Cookie 4 me, cookie 4 u.

Schot - where's that thread you posted once discussing the rubber band trick for SB building? (sorry, I'm at work, will try to find later if you don't post first)

Voidstriker - I'll try to find you a couple good threads from the SIF this evening. We had a few decent discussions about it there. I hate to admit I'm starting to forget some of the finer details about S1.

I can confirm that in S1, the one and only thing that adds SB is to be "in combat" (meaning your orange circle is on). The best way to stay "in combat" is to equip a ranged weapon as much as possible (longer range means "in combat" more).

See my post #22 in this thread for an easy place to build SB: http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=38829

K, lots of info, hope my head does'nt overload *ERROR* anyways, prob im the only 1 with some other ppl, who still play Sacred UW (I got the UW and plus version, kinda 2 in 1), but actually I have'nt found sacred 2 anywhere in my country. So im gonna play this and make it as understandable to new players who might find darkmatters (and Wolfe's lair). K, going on a dig...

K, lots of info, hope my head does'nt overload *ERROR* anyways, prob im the only 1 with some other ppl, who still play Sacred UW (I got the UW and plus version, kinda 2 in 1), but actually I have'nt found sacred 2 anywhere in my country. So im gonna play this and make it as understandable to new players who might find darkmatters (and Wolfe's lair). K, going on a dig...

Silly question - but I don't recognize the flag - which country are you in?

And all is not lost! There's always the Sacred 2 Gold download available by clicking on the link at the top of this page and following the links.

It's only 24.99 British Pounds. The game is like 13.5 GB - so it's best to have broadband to grab it.

Looking forward to your discoveries Void. Here's our Survival Bonus page on the wiki for what it's worth. Not a whole lot on there but it's a start. :)

AAAAAARG. I was playing with my Temple guardian last night, kinda got tired, and died! I had a SB of 70% and was actually enjoying the faster leveling, higher level creatures, and better drops. now they all suck again, and drop stupid little armor pieces/weapons.

AAAAAARG. I was playing with my Temple guardian last night, kinda got tired, and died! I had a SB of 70% and was actually enjoying the faster leveling, higher level creatures, and better drops. now they all suck again, and drop stupid little armor pieces/weapons.

Ack.. HATE when that happens.

Best find an Officer's Saber - it has a mod for "Faster Increase of Survival Bonus" - that'll help make up for the loss...

yes, yes I am from estonia. But the search on sb is giving me an error. Anyways, gonna look at the wiki. And hyas wolfe, you're website has helped me alot. Keep up the good work ;)

Er.. Wrong wolf... But I'm sure she appreciates the kind thoughts.

• 6 years later...

I've been testing SB for the whole day. It is true that as much as it gets the more benefits your preset stats have, like your attack, yout lifesteal bonus, your resistances etc. but...but... people think that if you have a 99% SB you get easy greens. Well, that is true and false at the same time. Increasing SB will eventually lead to better loot / drops, but in fact there is a secret pattern, which I am still working on to decode it, in what exact moments are the spikes for better loot / drops. for example someone with 11% SB has lower stats bonus than someone who has 99% SB but...the first one has almost a double chance for a green drop. same again at 74~75%. your stats are worst than a 99% but you actually have a better chance for good drops. My theory is that the game has a specific spike pattern and rewards players after playing for example 1 hour then after 10 hours then after 20 etc. 99% means that yeah you survived everything. but it also means that you've killed so much FECAL MATTER! on your way that it's hard to give you green in every hit bro. a 99% char has better stats ofcourse, but it is considered to be a char with 8-9days survivability, which means that the game will take some time to reward you again. that would be around 99.11, 99.74~99.75% similar to normal XX. so after a lot of testing...(and I am talking about sacred gold/underworld) I believe 11 / 23-27 / 74-75 % where the best to get some set drops. let me know what you think.

• Like! 1