My download speed for Sacred 2?

So is it normal to take over 24 hours to download? I just bought sacred 2 gold off dlgamer at 5pm yesterday it is now 6:15pm the next day and it's only at 30% and says 4 1/2 hours to go (it has said 4 hours for the past 5-6 hours) So I was just wondering if this is normal or not. I have a brand spanking new win 7 laptop with only the sims 3 on it so I don't know if it's because it's a laptop? :twitch:

So is it normal to take over 24 hours to download? I just bought sacred 2 gold off dlgamer at 5pm yesterday it is now 6:15pm the next day and it's only at 30% and says 4 1/2 hours to go (it has said 4 hours for the past 5-6 hours) So I was just wondering if this is normal or not. I have a brand spanking new win 7 laptop with only the sims 3 on it so I don't know if it's because it's a laptop? :twitch:

Mine took about 21.5 hours, and, as you noticed, the time remaining number displayed is simply a joke.

FYI-

My DSL modern gives my downstream speed at 3008 Kbps.

This is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge game..more than two gigs.

huge

If you have a slow connection, get settled in.

We did our first time for the game on an overnight. Then after that for all the other copies we bought, we'd just hang out till we got our keys and that's it.

:)

gogo

p.s. Lujate, you just got the gameon PC? That's AWESOME... welcome to PC Sacred 2!

huge

We did our first time for the game on an overnight. Then after that for all the other copies we bought, we'd just hang out till we got our keys and that's it.

gogo

p.s. Lujate, you just got the gameon PC? That's AWESOME... welcome to PC Sacred 2!

I have it but I do not have it running yet. I am attempting to get it running on my Linux pc. It is supposed to have a "gold" compatibility rating on Linux, but I have spent every waking moment since Sunday either at work or trying to get Sacred to play on my pc.

huge

gogo

Ok yeah it's day 2 and not even half done but my laptop is wireless so that's probably it. I'm just anxious to play so hopefully I'll be able to play this weekend if it's done downloaded then I still have to install then patches so maybe I won't get to play this weekend :(

huge

gogo

Ok yeah it's day 2 and not even half done but my laptop is wireless so that's probably it. I'm just anxious to play so hopefully I'll be able to play this weekend if it's done downloaded then I still have to install then patches so maybe I won't get to play this weekend :(

I doubt your wifi is the bottleneck, it is probably your ISP. All I can say is, hang in there.

Can you tell us the download rate you are getting abreen28? How many kb/s that is. Should show somewhere within the active download status. It would give a good indication about how long you should expect to wait.

Hey well the kb/s ranges from 3.whatever to 150.whatever so it fluctuates a lot but the average I would say is in the 60's. Right now day 3 and it's at 63% I just want to play already and this is just the downloading part :twitch: it's def the biggest game I ever downloaded lol.

Edited by abreen28

Yep, but also there are very few games who have so high playtime value as well, I think only MMORPG's can match with that. Many of nowadays games are made very short .. 30-50 hours and thats it, or even less. Sacred 2 can easily take you 1000 hours before you notice ;p

heh, I think most of us here will agree with Elwin whole heartedly, they don't make many games like they do like the Sacred franchise^^

It looks like you're getting there adbreen, and this must increase your anticipation. lol, not much else around I know I'd wait for anyway

:D

gogo

p.s. I've moved this series of posts on the speeds out into it's own topic as well to keep this info together.

Thanks gogo for movin the thread :) yeah the anticipation is def up and I just want to play lol I've just been surfing the forums and stuff finding new things about the game :) I love sacred 2 and can't wait to see what Ice& Blood brings to the table :)

huge

Er.. Try more like 13.4 Gig. That's not including the big patch and the 3 smaller ones - those are another 1.12 Gig on top of the basic file set.. :Just_Cuz_21:

huge

Er.. Try more like 13.4 Gig. That's not including the big patch and the 3 smaller ones - those are another 1.12 Gig on top of the basic file set.. :Just_Cuz_21:

Tragic, but true. The whole thing will not fit on three 4.7 GB DVD+R disks.

So day 4 and I got 6 files left yay :) then I know the first patch takes a few hours maybe more is that a community patch? I forget. Then the 2 Ice and Blood ones then the other community patch is that right? Thanks for all your help guys :)

Edited by abreen28

So day 4 and I got 6 files left yay :) then I know the first patch takes a few hours maybe more is that a community patch? I forget. Then the 2 Ice and Blood ones then the other community patch is that right? Thanks for all your help guys :)

Actually... No. There's the primary game files, the Ice and Blood files and then there's the patches:

There's the one that takes you from 2.02/2.12 (depending on which version US or UK) to 2.40. That puppy is either 800 MB or 1 GB depending on which version gets installed.

Then there's the one that takes you from 2.40 to 2.43. This one's about 50 MB - and you don't technically need it if you never had the game on your PC before.

After you get Fallen Angel installed, you install Ice and Blood (the other installer you're downloading now).

Then come the patches that take you from 2.64.0 to 2.65.1 and 2.65.2... The 2.65.1 is important - you did say something about having Windows 7 on your laptop. The 2.65.1 patch gives you Windows 7 compatability. The 2.65.2 patch takes you to the final version - and it includes a fix for a chat window bug introduced somewhere in an earlier version.

The CM Patch is an entirely optional add-on. You don't HAVE to HAVE it, but it does fix a few funky quests, adds some new content, weapons and goodies that are pretty close to impossible to get otherwise. That one's another 100 MB or so after all's said and done.

Theres an old thread with links to the patches you need...

I'll try to find it, but you might be able to find it before me with the right search words 'ice and blood' 'download' 'patch' etc

Edit: This should turn it up

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=14438

Within that thread look at post #3 where gogo gives a link to another thread with the patches info and instructions...

Edited by claudius

Ok thanks so much! :) now theres a file that says finished but it's at 71% is it broken or a corrupted file? The download isn't finished yet I got 5 files left so wasn't sure if it fixes itself after?

So I finally got it to download now I'm working on the patches. I'm surprised they don't give you an updater thing :unsure: it took me awhile to find patches because when I went to sacred wiki a problem load page came up then the links you guys gave me came up as problem load pages but I finally found them all so hopefully it works :heart:

So I finally got it to download now I'm working on the patches. I'm surprised they don't give you an updater thing :unsure: it took me awhile to find patches because when I went to sacred wiki a problem load page came up then the links you guys gave me came up as problem load pages but I finally found them all so hopefully it works :heart:

It must have been some technical hiccup, because I downloaded the patches from the wiki page last weekend.

The finish line is in site. You can do it! :)

It must have been some technical hiccup, because I downloaded the patches from the wiki page last weekend.

The finish line is in site. You can do it! :)

Yeah there was something going on because I brought it up yesterday lol I'll def be able to play tomorrow yay! :drinks:

I will race you. :)

I am currently downloading Windows Updates and copying the Sacred 2 install from DVD's back to my HDD. I have had my fingers crossed for an afternoon lift-off for Sacred. I could not sleep due to the anticipation so I got an early start, which might push up that time.