What are you "addicted" to?

...and once again I caved and bought more books, since I've moved to the Western Cape, I've been trying to save some money to buy a Kitchen Aid Artisan Stand Mixer, but I can't resist popping into a bookstore every now and then. New additions are Inheritance and Brisingr, from the Inheritance cycle by Christopher Paolini. Only Time will tell, by my Favourite author, Jeffrey Archer. Mortal Remains, by Kathy Reichs. and Angel (part of the Maximum Ride series) by James Patterson.

Delta!

Edited by Delta!

Our second daughter recovered slower than exspected from the injuries at a car crash. Quick running is still some pain and so she had to stay away from soccer. So she started to play headis which is less running, but very quick and funny. Now she is kinda addicted to it. Headis is using your HEAD to play table-TEnnis. There is a german wiki-page about Headis, but sadly no english one.

But here is an english page with the history, the rules, ...

http://www.headis.com/english/index.php?geschichte

• 2 weeks later...

And I now have my first cookbook written by the amazing chef Heston Blumenthal.

Heston Blumenthal at home. he give wonderful explanations to why things happen the way they do when you cook, how you can alter the effects by using different methods, and gives some truly wonderful and inspiring ideas

post-15332-0-99216700-1332024602_thumb.jpg

And this is a garden salad with a sauce gribische(with edible soil)

post-15332-0-43282600-1332024795_thumb.jpg

Amazing isn't he? :drool:

Delta!

Our second daughter recovered slower than exspected from the injuries at a car crash. Quick running is still some pain and so she had to stay away from soccer. So she started to play headis which is less running, but very quick and funny. Now she is kinda addicted to it. Headis is using your HEAD to play table-TEnnis. There is a german wiki-page about Headis, but sadly no english one.

But here is an english page with the history, the rules, ...

http://www.headis.co....php?geschichte

heh, it looks interesting enough, but the players must go through an awful lot of aspirin for headaches :P

And I now have my first cookbook written by the amazing chef Heston Blumenthal.

Heston Blumenthal at home. he give wonderful explanations to why things happen the way they do when you cook, how you can alter the effects by using different methods, and gives some truly wonderful and inspiring ideas

Heston-Blumenthal-at-Home.jpg

And this is a garden salad with a sauce gribische(with edible soil)

heston-garden-salad.jpg

Amazing isn't he? :drool:

Delta!

WOW

You won't guess, Theuns, one of my friends, sent me a disc with five episodes of Blunmenthal's videos on it...he's fascinating, and his restaurant Fat Duck...supposed to be one of the most expensive in the world, but wonderful bacon ice cream^^

The books look incredible, would be wonderful to curl up to something like that and just sink into it...literally

:chef:

gogo

p.s. I saw his edible soil with delicious Tiramisu plants? Outstanding

My addictions are collecting DVD's, music CD's (mainly heavy metal), playing and collecting videogames (I have about 60 for PS3) and eating good food while watching a good sci-fi/action flick.

I recently bought all 5 seasons of Babylon 5. It cost me about 50 punds.

Edited by Sirius

Well, might as well add couple of things meself. As of late, I've trying to get together some discographies of my fave prog-metal bands, adding disc into the collection whenever budget allows. Just finished the most essentials by Dream Theater when I got Systematic Chaos, bundled with a 5.1 mix of the album.

And books. Finally got into reading in English again. (Those Finnish translations can suck some serious @$$...) Mostly fantasy and sci-fi. Started with few all time faves, such as Drizzt's adventures by R. A. Salvatore. Gonna get all those nice box-sets whenever I get the dough. :D

• 10 months later...

since the last time I've posted I have gone on even more book shopping sprees... :bounce: I can't help it, I just love bookstores.

this is my bookshelf, I'm making second rows now, cause I've run out of space...

post-15332-0-33162900-1360358022_thumb.jpg

What am I gonna do? :ohmy:

Delta!

• Like! 1

ahahahah, second rows for books...I hear ya, I been there, and am there now...in fact, I found you can even stack em a level on top...the book spines look really nice you get two rows of color and they can go in two deep.

Yum to boox!

:)

gogo

• 2 years later...

Revive this thread!

My no1 addiction: The internet. Sometimes it even scares me how much I go online. Also suspect it's contributed massively to my panda eyes, since I have a smartphone. Really should not have it lying next tot me on the nightstand.

Number two: China shopping. I've talked about it a little in other threads. There are these Chinese shopping websites with the most random stuff you can imagine, and they ship their goods mostly for free. Shopping heaven right there. Combine that with my internet addiction and you can imagine my evenings...

And last but not least: watching movies. I just love watching movies. :)

Sunny sunday mornings after feeding the animals and before breakfeast with the family:

sitting on a bank at the veranda of our house on a hill looking towards the endless woods and then closing the eyes and listening to the birds. The hessian beech forests are an UNESCO world heritage.

I don't say it is being lazy or relaxing. It is hard training, the eyes to watch near butterflies to far away bussards, the ears to filter a single bird out of the mass, the memory which bird I am listening, ...

Keeps the brain active and young.

• 2 months later...

This may I suffered whenever I read a paper at a bike at my local bike shop. There was no cure, seeing a used 10 year old bike in perfect shape, so I bought it. It replaces my 25 year old BMW GS bike which I will keep out of nostaltic reasons.

The 'new' one is a: BMW R 1200 GS

I like the old adds for it: every bike which is faster on an autobahn is slower cross country, everything faster cross country is slower on an autobahn.

BMW GS bikes save around 40 minutes travel each day because I can drive right through the forests to my home.

143376_bmw_enduro-funduro_r-1200-gs-adve