Help us Like SacredWiki on Facebook

Hey guys!

We're a bit ( k, a lot :P) behind with this whole "liking" thing with facebook. We get stuck back here in FDM and wiki and servers a bit too much for our own good it seems :lol: With Nick James' help last night we have been putting like buttons for the sites into different places. We have two sites on Facebook now, one is for DarkMatters, one is for SacredWiki. Can you guys help out with the likes please on the sites?

Easiest way we have right now to do both at once (or even just one if you only want to "like" one is go to to this link here:

Facebook Like button on SacredWiki

And in the middle of page you'll see a button

Click it an help us out, cookies are on their way!

:bounce:

gogo

What happens when click that you like a page is that a message appears on your "wall" that you clicked that you like this page. Anyone you have given access to see your "wall" will get the link to the page you like. If they are curious, they can go look at the site you like.

I checked my facebook page. It doesn't show up on my wall. However, I think a message goes out to everyone I have friended who use the like app. They will all see that I like these sites.

It gets out the word that these pages exist and are liked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey gogo, I find it a bit strange that you can't like the wiki from the wiki itself. Isn't it possible to put a button on the main page? I'm sure more people would "like" it that way, like the kind of people who end up on Wiki without ever being on the forums here and reading about it (like I used to).

There is button on the Wiki where you can do it from, but it's just a link...we haven't had much time to do the coding to make the real button appear...you can see the link here on Wiki:

Like SacredWiki on FaceBook!

We'll have to scrounge up some time or maybe a volunteer who can get the button going there on that page in Wiki

:)

gogo

I completely missed that line! I had been looking for it. Well images are always quicker to capture attention. If you can't find a "real" like button, perhaps you could use another image? Maybe even a "design a like button" contest?

heh, you're not inspiring me to put some time into this today. Maybe we can drag Schot into getting the facebook coding of the button in place, or... we can just drag in an image of button as you suggest to cover that link? Anyone feeling creative?

:)

gogo