Help with Duel Wield Build for Seraphim?

abreen28

So my build that I'm working on is:

tactics lore

enhanced perception

dual wield

sword wep.

exalted war. focus

armor lore

bargaining

combat reflexes

toughness

constitution

So my question is how should I level up tactics lore, dw, and sword? Which do I put the most points in since they all have to do with pretty much the same thing? And I'm still not sure about bargaining because from my experience everything that the vendor does sell with bargaining is way too expensive to be able to get then you're left with not being able to buy anything :twitch: So if anyone can give me advice here that would be great!

Hey there, just the thought of a dual wielding Seraphim brings to mind one of the most popular builds written by antitrust. It can be found HERE. You might wanna give it a read and look over some of the options he discussed in the build :)

So my build that I'm working on is:

tactics lore

enhanced perception

dual wield

sword wep.

exalted war. focus

armor lore

bargaining

combat reflexes

toughness

constitution

So my question is how should I level up tactics lore, dw, and sword? Which do I put the most points in since they all have to do with pretty much the same thing? And I'm still not sure about bargaining because from my experience everything that the vendor does sell with bargaining is way too expensive to be able to get then you're left with not being able to buy anything :twitch: So if anyone can give me advice here that would be great!

There are different schools of thought for this question. The easy part is tactics lore. You can keep this at level, helps with damage and mod points. Now the hard part is DW and sword. Without knowing anything other than what you posted I would assume you use DW mainly for grinding mobs and break out a two handed sword with Life Leech XX% when you go after a boss. If that is the case I have had good success with keeping points going into them both. Trying to get attack speed up to 150%. Mainly this is for the attack speed, specially for the two handed sword as they tend to swing very slow.

With that said...... if you mod Dashing Alacrity for Bloodlust, Delay, Impatience you really wont need to put many skill points into Sword Lore and instead mainly sink points into DW. Also you can eat just about as many runes as you would like on Dashing. My level 83 seraphim has Dashing duration that is longer than its regeneration. So she is always like a squire on sugar.

Actually I have another question. Which is best dw swords or dw hafted? Are there better swords than hafted?

Well, you can find good swords a little bit easier than good hafted. But I like hafted myself. There are some really nice ones like the Ragno's slayer or Thains axe and the nicest thing for me, is the sound a hafted makes when it hits. hours and hours of slash! slash! versus thud! thud!. I will take the thud. I don't really think you can honestly say that one is hands down better than the other. you can even mix and match on the DW character. Just remember that the one int the right hand takes precidence.

Actually I have another question. Which is best dw swords or dw hafted? Are there better swords than hafted?

Well, you can find good swords a little bit easier than good hafted. But I like hafted myself. There are some really nice ones like the Ragno's slayer or Thains axe and the nicest thing for me, is the sound a hafted makes when it hits. hours and hours of slash! slash! versus thud! thud!. I will take the thud. I don't really think you can honestly say that one is hands down better than the other. you can even mix and match on the DW character. Just remember that the one int the right hand takes precidence.

Lol that's too funny :4rofl: so really then if you dual wield don't take a weapon lore?

Again its a school of thought..... yes the answer is that they do not "Stack" but they dont cancel out either. If you dual wield through the mobs of course your using dual wield skill but when you pull out that huge two handed sword that has Life Leech XX% in it then the Sword Skill will kick in. If your build is strong enough to have a skill just sitting there waiting to be used by all means go for it.

• 4 months later...