I just lost an 80% survival bonus on my 60th level inquisitor against the cursed Fourth Nameless Guardian. All the way through silver without a single death, and I die right at the end, on the very last fight!

I made the mistake of trying to activate my so-called "god power" instead of sitting on the potion button and keeping my eye glued to my health bar.

Now I get to play gold with everybody yellow and at my level, instead of red and nine levels above me like they should be.

As the Peanuts say, AUGH!

I just lost an 80% survival bonus on my 60th level inquisitor against the cursed Fourth Nameless Guardian. All the way through silver without a single death, and I die right at the end, on the very last fight!

I made the mistake of trying to activate my so-called "god power" instead of sitting on the potion button and keeping my eye glued to my health bar.

Now I get to play gold with everybody yellow and at my level, instead of red and nine levels above me like they should be.

As the Peanuts say, AUGH!

Hate when that happens. My TG got killed in Falitia's cave - my keyboard inputs suddenly stopped working entirely. I couldn't do much of anything to even teleport myself to safety. I managed to rebuild my SB by using an Officer's Saber to like 86%- and when I got to Gold, the baddies were still only yellow.

Doh! and AUGH! indeed, haha. That must have been an intense battle. :viking:

Sorry to hear that friend.

I have just done a similar thing.

I had my sb% at over 80 for the first time ever for Sacred 2 and was taking on the Ice Phoenix...............it kicked my butt ! I tried another four times and died every time..................I've taken a mini break to recover my pride, lol !

Steve. :)

Thanks for the tea and sympathy, everybody.

@Elwin, yeah, I don't care to play hardcore, because having a character file erased and destroyed after having spent tens or even hundreds of hours working on the build and the equipment strikes me as just too devastating. I bet it really gets the adrenaline pumping when you know you're about to face a boss, though - for those who are thrillseekers, I guess that intense fear is what it's all about.

But still, the game manages to penalize you very heavily for death through the survival bonus.

Tonight, I decided I wanted to play an old shadow warrior save (hammer build), so I could feel strong again. I was running around the desert on silver at about level 42 or so, one-shotting every creature and not even taking any damage.

Got overconfident, went up against Garganthropod, dead shadow warrior, back to level 0 SB.

<sigh>. Oh well, I was fast tracking this guy to gold and not taking any side-quests or anything, so I guess I'll just go on to gold without caring about the SB, give myself a fresh start in gold, and take some time to "smell the flowers" and do sidequests and stuff.