Where should I go from here?

I havent been playing that long but Id like to make a character that will last me till max level, I have already started over about 3 or 4 times with different classes, Im not trying to start a new build because I dont think I have messed up this one, but im not really sure what skills to get next or where to put my skill points. Im level 21 Right now I have

Death Warrior Focus- 21

Hafted Weapons - Level 1

Concentration - Level 1

Tactics Lore - Level 5

Armor Lore - Level 5

Constitution - Level 20

Im not sure what skills to do next I have these ones in mind

---Toughness

---Malevolent Champion Focus

---Combat Discipline

---Combat Reflexes

---Spell Resistance

---speed lore

I have been putting my ATTRs on STR and VIT about even. I use 3 differnt weapon sets and a combo of demonic blow and Scything Sweep. I use grim resilience and had planned to use reflective emanation but so far RE hasnt helped me much so I been using the skellys they cut down just about everything. My weapon sets are 1 hand hafted and shield/2 hand hafted/bow. I mainly just want to be a tank and use weapons.

I was kinda thinking about this build where I used 3 buffs and summons using combat discipline with Concentration and trying to have fast attack combos plus buffs/summons to protect me. Id have to start putting attrs on stam soon though. Im not sure how well this would work? Im thinking I should just go with plain attack and defence to be safe?

If anyone has suggestions that would be great, thanks!

Edited by BadDayDriver

Welcome to DarkMatters!

You could have a look at Furian's Ultimate Warrior build. Or for that matter, you can play around with [D.A.R.K] Furian's Wrath build. That one is already ready-made and comes pre-rolled. Whoops... That one won't work since you're on the XBox.

The first one might give you a few ideas for what you want to do with your build.

Edited by wolfie2kX

The main problem I have with these builds like Furian's Ultimate Warrior is they seem to utilize Malevolent Champion Focus skills, I have tried these out and dont really like them. Plus I didnt really want to use alot of skills other then buffs.

So, your focus is to use melee attacks for damage or to use summons to deal damage? If you intend to use the summons as any sort of reasonable damage source then you will have to fit astral lore/focus into your build. Speed lore I would leave, the bonuses it provides are a waste of skill points. I won;t suggest anything else til I know exactly what you intend.

I noticed an error in my post, I have been putting ATTRs in STR and VIT.

The summons are helping now because pretty much everything is easy. But I didnt plan to use them at all once they start to become ineffective.

One question I have is, is there a good niob build out there that only focuses on death warrior? Maybe thats what im looking for.

Edited by BadDayDriver

I dont think there are any Death Warrior only builds written up, having said that any of the death warrior/malevolent champion hybrids can be stripped down to DW alone successfully. I am actually playing a DW + reflective emanation SW at the moment (without following a build, but then seeing as most melee SW's have the same core skills...its much of the same thing as any other). Based on your start I would suggest the following skills for your last 4 picks:

Malevolent Champion Focus - Only if you do keep running with Reflective Emanation, which I suggest, it may be a hindrance now, but the high level reflect it provides is invaluable, and really only accessible due to the levels that focus provides.

Then, seeing as you are on console and spell resistance is unneccessary, and I'm fairly certain that damage lore doesnt work either...so there aren't really any skills that you can pick for more damage. Combat discipline will provide a little extra damage, but not too much as you are only using weapon based Combat Arts. The rest are defensice picks, unless you want to add in riding and EP or something.

So....I guess...MC Focus, Combat discipline, Riding and EP if you want the awesomeness of finding lots of goodies. Otherwise substitute riding and EP for 2 defensive skills...toughness and combat reflexes perhaps. Or, take both astral skills in these 4 choices somewhere and you can melee with your summoned skellies to back you up.

PS. You could take shield lore and only use 1hand hafted weapons...but 2handers are simply cooler ;)

PPS. If you feel the need to start again at some point, constitution isn't really needed on most SW since they use grim resilience (and reflective emanation) which provide enough HP on its own, so an extra skill could be taken there if you so desired.

Edited by Dragon Brother

Wow thanks alot for the help!

How do these 4 sounds?

Toughness

Combat Reflexes

Speed Lore

Shield Lore

This seems like it would make me a good power house defensively!

Do you know which skills I should put my points in and how many in each skill?

Edited by BadDayDriver

Well, leave concentration at 1 until last along with constitution (easily replaced by grim resilience for now). In order of mastery, I would say Tactics, DW Focus, MC Focus all first. Then either hafted or armour lore and the rest of your skills in order as you feel you need them.

What if 3 of my last 4 skills I used

Malevolent Champion Focus

Astral Focus

Astral Lore

MAYBE shield lore/EP/Toughness/Combat Reflexes

(If I used this setup what should my last skill be? and in what order should I master the skills?)

Plus I put points in Concentration then I used the 3 main buffs, attack with my weapon and have the summons to help me. Plus if I get into trouble I can go in veil. My last skill could be shield lore or EP to find some extra good loot.

Do you think this would work? Also where should I focus my attr and skill points? Theres so many options to choose from, I love it! but dang it makes you think alot!

EP is a second tier skill so unless you put 5 points in a first tier general skill you won't be able to choose it (which is why I suggested riding with it). I suggest combat reflexes as your 4th choice, shield lore will only be useful the times you have a shield equipped, whereas combat reflexes will be good all the time.

As to attributes, strength is always good, more damage and attack.

If your making a melee SW then I'd stick with the build you've started. I wouldn't use any of the astral lord skills so you don't need anything in concentration. I'd add all points to strength; let grim res and constitution raise your hit points. Using Grim Res and Reflective Em for the buffs is fine.

As for the other skills: I like MC focus, combat reflexes, and toughness. Tanks need to be hard hit and take less damage when they do get hit. Use Demonic Blow as your main attack button. Frenzied rampage as a good secondary while DB is re-charging. And combo vault with sweep for sneak attacks against a small group.

Combos I like: [with combat disp skill]

Mobs- 1. Augmenting Guidon 2. Rousing Command 3. Killing spree. At higher levels using DB as your main attack with killing spree and all of the attack/defense your getting from the other combo skills, you;ll simply stand in the center and dish out tons of pain.

Boss- 1. Augmenting Guidon 2. Rousing Command 3. Frenzied Rampage. Then DB until dead.

With this build type, you don't need astral lore skills. The skeletal fort is cool early on but you can use points in other skills instead this. Many like the shadow veil, but again I don't like having to spend a skill on astral lord in order to get the buff. Nether Alligiance is a great skill but I don't really like the summons anymore. Make a zookeeper as another character.

• 5 weeks later...

I havent been playing that long but Id like to make a character that will last me till max level, I have already started over about 3 or 4 times with different classes, Im not trying to start a new build because I dont think I have messed up this one, but im not really sure what skills to get next or where to put my skill points. Im level 21 Right now I have

Death Warrior Focus- 21

Hafted Weapons - Level 1

Concentration - Level 1

Tactics Lore - Level 5

Armor Lore - Level 5

Constitution - Level 20

Im not sure what skills to do next I have these ones in mind

---Toughness

---Malevolent Champion Focus

---Combat Discipline

---Combat Reflexes

---Spell Resistance

---speed lore

I have been putting my ATTRs on STR and VIT about even. I use 3 differnt weapon sets and a combo of demonic blow and Scything Sweep. I use grim resilience and had planned to use reflective emanation but so far RE hasnt helped me much so I been using the skellys they cut down just about everything. My weapon sets are 1 hand hafted and shield/2 hand hafted/bow. I mainly just want to be a tank and use weapons.

I was kinda thinking about this build where I used 3 buffs and summons using combat discipline with Concentration and trying to have fast attack combos plus buffs/summons to protect me. Id have to start putting attrs on stam soon though. Im not sure how well this would work? Im thinking I should just go with plain attack and defence to be safe?

If anyone has suggestions that would be great, thanks!

There is so many ways you can go with this build.

Depends on what you want to focus on.

I've built this one twice on the 2.4 patch (which is real close to the XBOX build AFAIK, and I built it two diff ways.

-- First one focused on Defense, counting on the natural progression of damage from higher level two handed axes and demonic blow

Malevolent Focus

Toughness

Combat Reflexes

Spell Resistance

-- Second one focused more on Offense, trying to max out the pain dished out

Malevolent Focus

Toughness

Combat Discipline

Damage Lore

Note both have MF and Toughness

Tough stacks with armor lore, and the mitigation (damage reduction), teamed up with the damage reduction on grim resilience is too good to pass up

Don't count out Malevolent Focus

It's got too much to pass up for a melee character

Sure, when you start out it seems like a mere pittance in help, but it rises. Large

Reflective Emanation at higher levels (if modded in a certain way) can reflect a lot. I've seen 72 percent of physical damage on a pic in the forum, plus over 50 percent for spells and ranged damage. That's a lot. Sure the damage reflected don't hurt the enemy much early on, but a) it is damaging them and b) it isn't hitting you.

Even in early Niobium (took this'n to 90 before I deleted him when I got Ice and Blood), my defensive toon hardly ever saw the health bar move at all. And I didn't have godlike armor, or shop for sixteen hours to pick up his stuff. The buffs are just that good.

Augmenting Guidion without hardly any runes eaten can double your attack and defense in the early levels, plus buff party members and give you a raise in experience. It helps a lot

Killing Spree I know peops are down on sometimes, but I don't see a problem with raising attack, attack speed, and a damage pulse that hits all enemies when surrounded. Teamed up with rousing command in a combo, it can early on very easily quadruple your offense and double your attack speed bonus (meaning attack speed over 100 percent).

---

Also, I focused on both of em with a two handed axe because I just loved the way they criticaled (irritates some, but not me). You can even go MORE defensive and add a shield with a one hander. I didn't find it necessary, and it took away from my killing speed, but you may feel different. Everybody does things a little diff :oooo:

There's my four and a half cents on the matter.