Sacred LAN Gameservers available

For anyone on Windows 7 and are having problems seeing the game servers.

There is a known issue with windows 7, where it keeps network data from different networks, segregated etc.

to fix this, you need to do the following.

Run regedit

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Underneath you should see several keys labeled 0000, 0001, 0002 etc… Look through these and find the VMware adapters. They will probably be near the end of the list if you just installed VMware.

For each of the VWware adapters, add a new DWORD value named “*NdisDeviceType” and set it to 1 (make sure you get the * at the beginning of the name, I missed that the first time).

Disable and Enable each of the network adapters.

That should take care of the problem. Setting *NdisDeviceType to 1 causes Windows to ignore the device when it does network identification. Here is an MSDN article with more details.

Taken from

http://robboek.com/2008/12/18/vmware-unidentified-network-issue-in-vista-and-windows-server-2008-fix/

more info here

http://toastedcheesenips.blogspot.com/2010/12/merry-christmas-here-have-wippien-x64.html

A new player and I just went through the above steps, and it resolved his issue.

He can now see servers.

Hi!

Baaleos, I've just created a new entry for a page for you on the Sacred main index page here:

http://www.sacredwik...cred:Underworld

Which has a new link for you in red...this one here:

Sacred Public LAN Servers

Is that title okay?

You can log into wiki with same login name and password as you use here at DarkMatters, and add your guide, info, reference whatever you wish.

Have fun!

:)

gogo

• 7 months later...

Hey, I'm new around here. Been having trouble connecting to the sacredopen network. I've got the connection in Wippien, but I don't see any open LAN games. I could just be playing during off-peak hours, so I'll check in again later.

I also read somewhere on the sacred wiki that win7 users need to do some registry editing for the LAN to work, but I Wasn't able to find the directories I was directed to edit so... Not sure where to go from here.

Edit: So I was messing around and found out about the -playercount command for the network. No one was on, I'll just come back during peak hours. I didn't see any empty game servers sitting in the LAN list though... hmm. Do I still need to edit some part of my registry to connect to games via wippien?

Edited by professer

If u see no game servers , then. This has nothing to do with peak times etc- u are experiencing a connection provlem.

Check that u can ping sacredopen via wippien-

U should also implement the registry fix mentioned at sacredopen.azmodan.net

It has been updated to have the new registry key name.

K thanks. I figured it was the registry, thanks for updating it.

Edit: I never really got the LAN servers working. Did everything I should have but my efforts were to no avail. Wippien never would establish the VPN with the host, even though I could use chat commands with the host. If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by professer
  • 1 month later...

The Servers are still up.

We get the odd player - used to get 5 people online at any one time but that was before Wippien.com closed doors and we lost our contact list which had 300+ people on it.

In order to play, you need to

1. go to Jabber.org

2. Register

3. Download Wippien from Wippien.com

4. Install

5. Login via your Jabber.org account

6. Add SacredOpen@Jabber.org to your contacts (Note - this account is automated, and wont give anything beyond the automated replies)

7. Assuming it works, you should be able to establish vpn to my contact entry. If you are unable to right click and ping me - then e-mail me @ Baaleos@azmodan.net and I will arrange to meet you online and walk you through it.

The most common fix/issue that people have had, is the need for a registry key to be made in their registry.

Instructions for this are located on

www.sacredopen.azmodan.net in the instructions page.

eg - Search for a specific registry entry, and add a new key, then reboot.

Hi guys,

I installed Wippien today and connected to LAN servers successfully.

Unfortunately nobody was playing there.

There was some issue, that I could not PING SacredOpen server.

I had to change IPv4 address manually at WeOnlyDo adapter to 5.x.x.x static IP adress.

I would like to notice you, that driver links at this page Sacred Open are not operational more.

I had to download it from Wippien Download directly.

This installation pack contains x86 driver version and x64 driver also.

Because I am a newbie in Sacred Multiplayer, I have questions also.

I could not connect to open internet servers due following error: IP: cannot connect, CODE - 10021:Socket : the attempt to connect was forcefully rejected?

Do some servers exist for open internet games?

According to this topic yes. - Open Servers Topic

How should be Sacred settings.cfg file configured to connect them successfully?

Thanks for help.

Edited by TokkaR

Hi guys,

I installed Wippien today and connected to LAN servers successfully.

Unfortunately nobody was playing there.

There was some issue, that I could not PING SacredOpen server.

I had to change IPv4 address manually at WeOnlyDo adapter to 5.x.x.x static IP adress.

I would like to notice you, that driver links at this page http://sacredopen.azmodan.net/index.php/how-to-connect are not operational more.

I had to download it from http://www.wippien.com/download.php directly.

This installation pack contains x86 driver version and x64 driver also.

Because I am a newbie in Sacred Multiplayer, I have questions also.

I could not connect to open internet servers due following error: IP: cannot connect, CODE - 10021:Socket : the attempt to connect was forcefully rejected?

Do some servers exist for open internet games?

According to this topic yes. - http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/19056-sacred-open-servers-more-news/

How should be Sacred settings.cfg file configured to connect them successfully?

Thanks for help.

Apparently the open internet lobby server is indeed operational - I just dont know the ip address, I think if you google at the official sacred forums, u can find it.

Yeah, at the time of writing that FAQ, Wippien did not have the x64 drivers included, it now does.

Also note - If you use Hamachi, and it is using the 5.x.x.x address range, then you need to disable it, and make sure wippien is using it.#

If still having connection issues, then follow the registry editing fix described in the Windows 7 querks section, even if on Vista.

The registry key relates to WeOnlyDo adapter, and it involves adding a subkey called *ndis***** or something along those lines - cant remember.

9/10 people I have tried walking through, have all said they dont want to do registry editing, and they spend 30-45 minutes with me on chat, turning routers and firewalls and stuff off and on etc, only to find that the registry fix DOES work in the majority of the time.

Finally after all this time, I just got it working. A new router and a different ISP seemed to do the trick.

I followed the instructions to do the registry edit and can now see the servers but sadly there are still down :(

Looking forward to them coming back up and giving this a go.

Edit: I'm online with Dobs the Dwarf. Heading for level 20 and silver. I've not had this much fun in an arpg since.....Sacred 1 :D

Where are you Gogo and Schot:)

• 2 months later...

Hi guys- the servers have been up, and haven't noticed any issues.

Im still seeing people connect, that being said- when I vnc'd to the server box today, I saw a player 'baycan' left some nasty messages for me to find.

He seems to be confused, and thinks I am obligated to provide this service to him. 'The least you can do, is have the Curtecy to reply to me' lol

Let's be clear-

The sacredOpen wippien account is automated- leaving obscene messages is quite pointless.

I provide these servers 24/7 at financial cost to myself- (hosted in data centre), and ask for no reimbursement.

When people report issues to me directly, via email, I can and will try to resolve the issue as soon as I can.

This guy baycan, was leaving nasty messages, just because no one was online to play with him. Lol

Below is some output from the server app I made, from the past day or so.... There are definitely players connecting--- it's not my fault that they don't stick around for long sessions.

Received Connection from:5.5.78.56

[19:41:03.4915000]Server:Bronze Classic Campaign - Client Disconnected:5.5.78.56

[19:41:03.4915000]Server:Bronze Free Game - Client Disconnected:5.5.78.56

[19:43:01.7102500]Server:Bronze Classic Campaign- Received Connection from:5.5.78.56

[19:43:16.8508750]Server:Bronze Classic Campaign - Client Disconnected:5.5.78.56

[19:45:50.2571250]Server:Bronze Classic Campaign- Received Connection from:5.5.78.56

[19:46:15.4133750]Server:Bronze Classic Campaign - Client Disconnected:5.5.78.56

[19:48:06.1008750]Server:Bronze Classic Campaign- Received Connection from:5.5.78.56

[19:48:08.6165000]Server:Bronze Classic Campaign - Client Disconnected:5.5.78.56

[19:48:58.9290000]Server:Bronze Classic Campaign- Received Connection from:5.5.78.56

[19:49:03.9602500]Server:Bronze Classic Campaign - Client Disconnected:5.5.78.56

[19:49:11.5071250]Server:Bronze Classic Campaign- Received Connection from:5.5.78.56

[19:50:26.9915000]Server:Bronze Classic Campaign- Received Connection from:5.5.78.58

[20:13:16.3821250]Server:Bronze Free Game- Received Connection from:5.5.90.187

[20:13:28.9602500]Server:Bronze Classic Campaign- Received Connection from:5.5.90.187

[20:13:28.9602500]Server:Bronze PVP- Received Connection from:5.5.90.187

[20:13:31.4602500]Server:Bronze Classic Campaign - Client Disconnected:5.5.90.187

[20:13:31.4758750]Server:Bronze PVP - Client Disconnected:5.5.90.187

[20:13:31.4758750]Server:Bronze Free Game - Client Disconnected:5.5.90.187

[21:05:43.5852500]Server:Bronze Classic Campaign - Client Disconnected:5.5.78.56

[21:06:51.5071250]Server:Bronze Classic Campaign - Client Disconnected:5.5.78.58

As always- the preferred medium for server downage is email

Baaleos@azmodan.net