Sacred 2 Won't work, where as previously it did?

I have 'Sacred 2 Gold' with all the patches and bugs etc. fixes already with it.

Version 2.65.1 it says on read me. (I THINK THERES A NEW PATCH .2?)

First time I installed it when I bought the game, it installed fine, and asked for activation code, and then done.

My dad put the computer back to a date before Sacred 2 was installed, so the Sacred 2 was still there, but when you tried to open it, it says:

" C:\Program Files\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Gold\system\sacred2.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may help. "

So I reinstalled it , and it still said the same message...

Then I de-installed it, then installed it, and it still said the same message!

I finally de-installed it, removed every component, by using C-Cleaner, manually doing it myself... Then Installed it.

It says it finishes install, but it never asks for activation code like it did first time.

And when I try to run the game, it says the same message...

" C:\Program Files\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Gold\system\sacred2.exe

This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may help. "

Please help, anybody?

Heya Aadil and welcome to DarkMatters. :)

When you say that you removed all the components manually, does that include manually deleting references to sacred 2 from your registry? It's possible some key registry keys were not removed.

Hmmm...it may be that it never revoked properly. On the sacred 2 manual unlock page there is some info and a link for a tool that should manually revoke the game for you if the game was uninstalled without revocation. Its under revocation tool towards the bottom of the page at http://unlock.sacred2.com/

Try that out and see if revoking and running again or perhaps even installing again (which I'm sure you don't want to do) will get the ball rolling.

Hmmm...it may be that it never revoked properly. On the sacred 2 manual unlock page there is some info and a link for a tool that should manually revoke the game for you if the game was uninstalled without revocation. Its under revocation tool towards the bottom of the page at http://unlock.sacred2.com/

Try that out and see if revoking and running again or perhaps even installing again (which I'm sure you don't want to do) will get the ball rolling.

Thank you for your help, however it is asking me for a revocation code, and I have no idea what that is?

I de-installed it without getting a code or even thinking about revoking ( I forgot ) =/.

Any other ideas? Or how to find my revocation code, because that is most likely the problem

Heya Aadil and welcome to DarkMatters. :)

When you say that you removed all the components manually, does that include manually deleting references to sacred 2 from your registry? It's possible some key registry keys were not removed.

Thank you for the welcome! :sweating:

But how would I remove from registry?

To open the revokationwindow you have two options:

1. Uninstall the game

2. Open the commandline, enter the path to the *.exe File and type " /revoke" behind that, without the quote

The line you entered could look like this: "C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Crysis\Crysis.exe /revoke".

After this a window will open like shown in the picture below. Please click on "Start Manual Revokation".

Where do I enter that line? Command Prompt?

Editing Registry Keys can be tricky if you are not familiar with them. It's pretty easy to edit something and then your pc doesn't work. I thought there was a Sacred 2 cleaner out there somewhere. Let me see if I can find it. Otherwise I'll let someone else more knowledgeable than me detail how to go about deleting the applicable registry keys

Edit: Sacred 2 Cleaner

This doesn't do anything with registry files...but worth a try unless you're going to try and revoke first. I'll look over the instructions just to make sure I don't give you any misleading instructions.

Hmm...try the info on this page:

https://support.secu...00&exp_serial=1

1. Uninstall the game

2. Open the commandline, enter the path to the *.exe File and type " /revoke" behind that, without the quote

The line you entered could look like this: "C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Crysis\Crysis.exe /revoke".

After this a window will open like shown in the picture below. Please click on "Start Manual Revokation".

Yes, enter that into command prompt and it will popup with a window like the one shown on the page I linked to.

Editing Registry Keys can be tricky if you are not familiar with them. It's pretty easy to edit something and then your pc doesn't work. I thought there was a Sacred 2 cleaner out there somewhere. Let me see if I can find it. Otherwise I'll let someone else more knowledgeable than me detail how to go about deleting the applicable registry keys

Thanks!

I think the main problem is Revokation, because I've never done anything like that before, it's probably that!

I wish this game needed dvd's to run, not from hard drive, they could put less restrains on the game installation then!

1. Uninstall the game

Yes, enter that into command prompt and it will popup with a window like the one shown on the page I linked to.

It can't find the file.

I think it's because I've de-installed it and re installed it too many times manually, and I also did it once from Add or Remove Programmes.

Just wondering did you download from dlgamer or steam (or another vendor). Probably has no bearing on this but more info never hurts.

I'll let Dragon Brother take it from here, as he's much better with techy stuff than me

p.s. patch 2.65.1 is the latest patch. Version 2.65.2 is really a hotfix to fix a chat box problem. Very highly recommended if you're are going to be playing with other people on-line or LAN

Hotfix 2.65.2 download

Just wondering did you download from dlgamer or steam (or another vendor). Probably has no bearing on this but more info never hurts.

I'll let Dragon Brother take it from here, as he's much better with techy stuff than me

p.s. patch 2.65.1 is the latest patch. Version 2.65.2 is really a hotfix to fix a chat box problem. Very highly recommended if you're are going to be playing with other people on-line or LAN

Hotfix 2.65.2 download

Sacred 2 Gold Edition with 2 separate DVDS. It has a quick manual inside the DVD case, which includes the activation key.

It was £10 brand new from 'Game' in somewhere called 'Meadow hall'.

The read me file says its Version 2.65.1

1. Uninstall the game

It can't find the file.

I think it's because I've de-installed it and re installed it too many times manually, and I also did it once from Add or Remove Programmes.

Well, provided sacred 2 is still installed on your computer that should work. You dont put the quotes in when typing into command prompt if you have.

However, seeing as you have installed Ice and Blood use this page (sorry for all the different links):

https://support.securom.com/pop_sacred2.html

Scroll down to the very bottom where it has a link to a tool which will revoke everything, Ice and Blood and Fallen Angel. Its called revoksib.zip. Run the program in that zip file and see if that works.

1. Uninstall the game

It can't find the file.

Well, provided sacred 2 is still installed on your computer that should work. You dont put the quotes in when typing into command prompt if you have.

However, seeing as you have installed Ice and Blood use this page (sorry for all the different links):

https://support.securom.com/pop_sacred2.html

Scroll down to the very bottom where it has a link to a tool which will revoke everything, Ice and Blood and Fallen Angel. Its called revoksib.zip. Run the program in that zip file and see if that works.

The revocation cannot be performed, it's not found on the machine.

When I re-installed the game, it doesn't ask for serial code.

And before that I deleted nearly every file with 'Sacred' in it.

*sigh*

I appreciate what your doing, thanks so much.

Any more would be appreciated, I'll also send a support request directly to them, any ideas who?

Edited by Legend Aadil

Well, I would uninstall it, try out the sacred 2 cleaner knuckles linked and then perhaps ask schot for some pointers on the registry. I'm using my iPhone on the way to uni now so not able to give much directly useful advice.

Once you've wiped everything, including registry, try reinstalling and see if that works.

Edit: @knuckles, I think that the manual unlock needs a revocation code which he cannot get as the revocation window will not show up.

Edited by Dragon Brother

Well, I would uninstall it, try out the sacred 2 cleaner knuckles linked and then perhaps ask schot for some pointers on the registry. I'm using my iPhone on the way to uni now so not able to give much directly useful advice.

Once you've wiped everything, including registry, try reinstalling and see if that works.

Edit: @knuckles, I think that the manual unlock needs a revocation code which he cannot get as the revocation window will not show up.

This is pretty confusing!

And the tool won't seem to work, if you try clicking it, it just says file can't be found etc.

And how to wipe the registry out?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if the OP ever found a solution to this but I've run into this error a couple of times after a fresh install of the UK version Sacred 2 Gold on a Windows XP computer (In fact it just happened yesterday after I rebuilt XP on one of my computers and reinstalled Sacred 2). The solution that works for me is to install the Visual C++ 2005 redistributable, specifically the 50727.4053 version of these files. Download and run the vcredist_x86.exe from Microsoft here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en

I didn't run into this on my main Win7 computer when I first installed Sacred 2 Gold. I'm not sure if that is because I already had the Visual C++ files installed there or becuase it is Win7. The Sacred 2 installer should really be installing the C++ dll's it needs if they aren't already on the computer. But it could be an issue because this is a UK version of the game trying to install on a US version of Windows.

Edited by larvi
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure if the OP ever found a solution to this but I've run into this error a couple of times after a fresh install of the UK version Sacred 2 Gold on a Windows XP computer (In fact it just happened yesterday after I rebuilt XP on one of my computers and reinstalled Sacred 2). The solution that works for me is to install the Visual C++ 2005 redistributable, specifically the 50727.4053 version of these files. Download and run the vcredist_x86.exe from Microsoft here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=766a6af7-ec73-40ff-b072-9112bab119c2&displaylang=en

I didn't run into this on my main Win7 computer when I first installed Sacred 2 Gold. I'm not sure if that is because I already had the Visual C++ files installed there or becuase it is Win7. The Sacred 2 installer should really be installing the C++ dll's it needs if they aren't already on the computer. But it could be an issue because this is a UK version of the game trying to install on a US version of Windows.

Thank you -

Which one do I install, there are 3 options?

Thank you -

My dad says our computer doesn't run on this visual programme?

Thank you -

You would want vcredist_x86.exe for Windows XP and either vcredist_x64.exe or vcredist_x86.exe for Windows 7/Vista depending on whether you are running a 64bit or 32bit. If you aren't sure, right click on the Computer icon on your desktop and choose properties. On the right hand side in the System info it will have System type which way show which you have. I.e. mine says 64bit operating system so I would download the vcredist_x64.exe version.

Edited by larvi
  • 3 weeks later...

This might be too late for you, but maybe it will help someone else.

I had this issue on my Win7 PC. I finally discovered that if after installing I Alt Tabbed out the SecureRom screen was hiding behind the Sacred 2 screen and I could enter in my information, but >< I could only access it by Alt Tabbing. The installation was failing because I wasn't registering it (not that it was giving me the option to either).

Kiy

Thank you -

You would want vcredist_x86.exe for Windows XP and either vcredist_x64.exe or vcredist_x86.exe for Windows 7/Vista depending on whether you are running a 64bit or 32bit. If you aren't sure, right click on the Computer icon on your desktop and choose properties. On the right hand side in the System info it will have System type which way show which you have. I.e. mine says 64bit operating system so I would download the vcredist_x64.exe version.

IIRC, 64bit Win7 machines require both 32 and 64 bit versions.