The collected Armor sets of Sacred 2

I've been working on a project the last few weeks that has been time consuming and to be honest much tougher than I initially thought. What I've been doing is trying to find all the 'generic' sets available to all classes.

I've had a hard time finding the right combination of level and Bargaining; figuring out how many sets there really are and the color variations contained in each unique skin. I've found each class has 9 unique skins and each skin has 4 color variations. To make it tougher, some color variations are actually from green sets, while other sets will only have 4-6 pieces. Sometimes the sets' color variations are so minimal you cannot tell the difference in the merchant window and sometimes can barely tell once you've equipped that item.

Some parts rarely show up in the merchants window...so many hours were spent finding one or two pieces to complete each skin. I modified my balance.txt file so many times but I finally found a line that enabled me to increase the number of items offered.

At this point I would like to thank a few people for helping me a long with the project. First and foremost I would like to thank Lazy Tomcat for his assistance and his prior work on completing the sets. Having guidelines and pics really saved me a ton of time and took a lot of guess work out of figuring what piece went with what skin. Also gogoblender for helping me mule money over to numerous characters so I could have a much easier time gathering all the items. And lastly Dragon Brother for his help navigating the balance.txt files and also making this project much easier

I will be adding all the set pics to the wiki though I haven't come up with a final presentation idea yet. I will also be adding these sets to the download section but that is still a week or so away for the 1st couple characters. I was hoping some of you might have some suggestions on how to display this on the wiki. I have a few ideas but nothing really jumps out at me as 'this is the perfect way' yet.

Now for a few photos of what some of these generic sets look like

First is a skin from a Dryad collection. This set was especially hard as the color variations are minimal between a few of them.

dryadsetcollage50.jpg

And now a few from a Shadow Warrior skin

set5.jpg

set4.jpg

And lastly a few from the High Elf

set2.jpg

set1.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have three to four chest for each character with armor sets I collected. I even went for the different color variations. They are level 200 or better. Intended to post them for the blank 200 characters posted.

Amazing work knuckles, to me you embody the adage: "if a job is worth doing, it's worth doing well" and in this case extremely well. It's great to see the depth behind alot of the content created for this game.

Our money laundering bears fruit! :4rofl: Another one of your massive projects... how do you get into jams like this! :P Course, getting this stuff to look it's best is comparable to a fashion show. I think though that once you have a few test pages up, we can help with ideas on where to go with this.

Either that or we call in Christian Dior for tips.

:D

gogo

Great work Knuckles :thumbsup:

I remember I had trouble myself with completing only one of these sets, took me almost 2 hours until I found all the pieces :Just_Cuz_21:

I've been afraid to go looking. Nice work Knuckles.

ha

lol, that's what I was going to say :lol:

And it makes me think. Damn shame that all these beauties seen like this when only put together... could not Ascaron have just put a smattering of bonuessness on collections like these? I keep asking myself the question... how come I never saw anyone ingame peacocked?

Pity

:(

gogo

Some of the skins are really cool looking...it would have been nice if there was a hidden bonus waiting for you when it was completed. I'm going to try and have all skins at level 15 just in case anyone wants to see what they look like on their characters.

Project might be delayed a little as I'm watermarking a whole bunch of pics right now...probably a couple hundred anyways. Shame I got to do it, but it's either that or all the work gets ripped off and there's nothing I can do :(

Some of the skins are really cool looking...it would have been nice if there was a hidden bonus waiting for you when it was completed.

Yeah. Making it interesting to collect and actually use all the sets would have added value. Look at all the work they've put into design, skin... a bear suit for Shadow Warrior! :lol:... all kinda wasted, at least in game time world.

It's actually lasting attribute you're paying to the designers by putting their work on display like this.

Project might be delayed a little as I'm watermarking a whole bunch of pics right now...probably a couple hundred anyways. Shame I got to do it, but it's either that or all the work gets ripped off and there's nothing I can do :(

Yes, be careful, other sites out there have tried to steal editor contributions and images without attribution.

:blink:

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

Thx grim :)

Project has been delayed a few times, but pretty close to having the first character up. Once I find a couple pesky arms that have been hiding, I'll be uploading some pics for the Temple Guardian. Will use him as my test subject and try out a few things so I can figure out how best to display them.

I'll start on the Shadow Warrior next since you're also collecting them :)

Faaaaantastic work Knuckles. It's nice to see those seemingly random items from the shops come together as a whole like you've done. :) If only we got bonuses from doing that. Shame Ascaron. Shame shame shame. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw the first wiki page for this project. It's so cool! Really, it's very interesting to see these sets displayed in all the detailes. It makes the ordinary armour look beautiful and interesting. 'Ordinary' things can become 'cool' when served right - and you serve them just right!

The only small imperfection of this page is that it doesn't fit my screen horisontally. Maybe the armor pics can be a bit less broad.

But anyway, it's so nice to see Knuckles creating new pages again. They are always interesting to check out.

Not to worry Silver.....I'm making that page my 'Test' page. It will probably go thru quite a few changes before I'm happy with it. Spent the last month gathering all the different sets, and have enough now to start uploading some. Still missing a piece or two here and there for each character though. The Iron set I'm working on now actually has a 4th color variation that I can't find the boots for yet. So there will be another version up on that page soon (hopefully)

I'm open to any suggestions on how to display them. Eventually I'll have it sized so a screen with 1024x768 resolution will display it nicely.

The character really stands out more on this background - it looks neat and doesn't distruct from character's appearance (not to mention that golden version would look much better on this background than on yellow sand). But the picture is quite broad (overall amount of the empty space exceeds the character). How about making one pic with all three views of this SW (front, side, back) on the background that consists of two images like the one you used here. It can be done without moving this one, just use a bit less space for the figure in the middle. Placing all the views on one pic would make a 'set variation' look complete and the views would really look like different angles of one item, not like different items. But maybe you have a better idea.

Hmm I was just wondering, did they have armour sets like this in sacred underworld? And do you think there was as much content they didn't put in, bit of topic.

Edited by grimwold

Hmm I was just wondering, did they have armour sets like this in sacred underworld? And do you think there was as much content they didn't put in, bit of topic.

ooooh, I'm sure the sets must have been there as well, to be organized and documented. oh no...Poor knuckles!

:oooo:

gogo

Nice. At least I can now see I have my crypt set all mixed up.

A question about the generic armour set. Did you just put them together because they where left over or are they in the correct set.

Edited by grimwold