Game of Thrones (Beware, may contain heart-breaking spoilers)

Katran

I hope Jon snow kills little finger when he finds out about him arranging the marriage. Little FECAL MATTER! is conniving behind the scenes but hasn't faced any loss yet. He needs a beating.

Only after the end of the showing a while later did I realize that Little Finger is probably going arrive with the Knights of the Vale in time for the big battle tween Jon and Ramsay!

:)

gogo

Dany standing there nude is such a striking contrast with Cersei's walk of shame last season. For Cersei, to reveal her nudity was embarrassing and debasing to the fullest degree. Downcast eyes. Stripped of her finery the "queen" was lower than the lowest. As Olenna Tyrell said, "there is nothing left to work with."

But seeing Daenerys standing there nude before the hordes, with no hint of shame in her eyes, you can tell that there is nothing to strip away. Proud and regal, down to her bones she is a queen. You could see it in Jorah's eyes, and you could see even Daario's flippancy and arrogance finally dissolve when he beheld her like that. Whether in rags, or in nothing at all, she is still the queen.

You nailed it with the feeling... yes, she is THE queen...her facial features limned by the fire and fiery light at the end were outstanding... the fire pushing out of the sides of the burning building were so intense...you could feel the force of the flames... and did any of you guys hear a dragon roar when she tipped over the second brazier... was it a small play on sound?

The last bit with the doors crumpling, and her coming out was wonderfully satisfying... though, for some reason, and I've been watching this over and over as well... I still really enjoyed the ending of season one finale when she first walks out of the flames... and really liked the entire way that scene felt, especially with the rippling outwards of bows

gogo

• Like! 1

nailed it

Daenerys walking out of the flames reminded me of this classic moment in the Terminator. Fitting, as I think Dany is going to be Game of Thrones version of a terminator very very soon.

nailed it

:thumbsup:

gogo

I hadn't thought back to last season and the walk of shame. That's interesting. Ironic that a woman sleeping with her brother would have such a negative emotional response to being naked in front of people. Lol setting side all the garbage they threw at her of course

Hodor was a tough one...loved that gentle giant.....heck of a way to find out why he only said 'Hodor'

One thing I'm bummed about.....really thought the dire wolves would be more important....other than Ghost (in the books), they haven't really served any special purpose...I know Bran's wolf saves him from an assassin but really any big guard dog could have done that...heck Ramsay's dogs would have easily killed him just like they did to Fat Walda and his baby brother....there is some doubt as to whether Shaggydog is really dead...many fans are saying the head shown was too small but I think it was really the wolf's...so if you're keeping track...

Robb - Grey Wind...killed at Red Wedding

Sansa - Lady....killed by Ned even though it was Nymeria (cool fact...the actor that plays Sansa adopted her 'wolf' in real life)

Jon - Ghost....Still alive...woohoo

Arya - Nymeria...Alive but roaming the woods by herself (books say a lot more about her)

Bran - Summer....Latest one to perish...this time to wights :(

Rickon - Shaggydog....killed by the Umbers as proof of Rickon's identity

Only 2 of the 6 still alive and only Ghost has any part in the story...please please let Ghost live :D

A few heart breaking moments in this episode..

Hodor (obviously)

Jorah...Daenerys finding out he truly loves her and has Greyscale

Arya...having to watch that play about her father and sister's time in King's Landing (really felt bad she had to relive that)

I'm mad that hodor was a sacrifice and I'm mad that the wolves are being killed off when they've barely been there to begin with. They're not even a plot device. They're just an included detail with no function. I wanted to see them serve a purpose. I wanted a "breaking dawn" style man and wolf team-up ending. For the stakes to all show up with they're dire wolves beside then for the final battle. I would've settled for more meaningful screen time before they were killed off.

Yes I'm more angry about the wolves than hodor LMAO.

• Like! 1

Yeah you said it. Though...

Not worried about Euron's eyepatch

The reason I miss it is because of the mystery. It's not important on its own but to me the lack of it is a symbol of the show's willingness to just ignore a lot of the mystery and magic of the books.

Euron doesn't just have an eyepatch to look like a cool pirate (though it would be cool), he has an eyepatch to cover up an eye that isn't his. He didn't lose his eye, he didn't go blind, in place of his old eye he has a "black eye shining with malice." It's connected to his mysterious revelation when he went mad and cut out all his crewman's tongues. That weird eye is even on his coat of arms. No, it doesn't mean much on its own, but it's just one of a thousand little details like that make the books feel like...well...fantasy and not just a medieval soap opera.

Yeah, don't get me started on Dorne. What a pity. I'm guessing the Ironborn will get a similar treatment.

• Like! 1

So glad Sam took that sword and stuck it to his dad. What a pecker. And DROGON!!! So excited to see dragons again. But her story needs to get moving. She's still boring except the end of last week.

• Like! 1

I caught it once, haven't had a chance to re-watch yet. I liked it. Things were moving along quite nicely on all fronts. Some nice revelations, nothing too big, nothing too small. Sam and Gilly popped into House Tarly just long enough to grab the Valyrian steel sword, Benjen's alive (though not as Coldhands as many used to theorize), Dany's back on Drogon where she belongs.

It was just kinda... a good episode and somehow I don't have much more to say than that. My one complaint might be the Mereen stuff is still too boring. A flicker of interest from the Red priestess teasing Varys about the voice in the fire, but that's it.

I was afraid Littlefinger may have lied to Sansa about the Blackfish getting his army at Riverrun back together, but it looks like that's really happening and the Freys are set to fall. Jaime will be there as well... come to think of it, Jaime was supposed to be in the Riverlands last season instead of that stupid Mission Impossible: Dorne storyline. So maybe Jaime and Brienne will meet up again there.

Still waiting for the possible schism between Cersei and Jaime. He still doesn't seem to know she was bangin' their cousin Lancel. As I recall that was what drove the wedge between them in the books.

I love how big the Dragons are getting. I want them to be stupid huge by the time the series is over. Like Ancalagon the Black huge.

DmCMiSb.jpg

• Like! 1

Hellooooooo fellooooooooooo Gotters!

this episode was seriously meeeeeeeeeeh to me... :lol:... I kine liked seeing Benjen again...but was really hoping that ColdHands (one of the coolest characters from the books) was finally going to make an appearnace, really liked his cool powers and the whole atmosphere built into him, specially with the portalling through the walls where we learn how strong castle black really is...wonderful stuff..! Yah, looks like Benjen/Coldhands looks to be a hybrid? Good Call knuckles, and yes... holee molee the Dragon just got HUUUUUUUUGE...I just kept playing that last scene of the mouth to hell (lol drogon's mouth) all open with the two dripping flame thrower glands in the sides... so very well done, absolutely loved this. Will dig up a pick ... +++
I'd really wanted a battle with Jaime and the sparrow, but dang...that guy's good! I haven't identified how many parts anger, frustration, astonishment, respect when he proclaims " but today there will be no atonement!" ... This guy is really holding all the cards, and he is a charismatic genius!. So fun to see our favorite twins "together" again and vowing to pay back their revenge...

GOT style!

:dance:

gogo

p.s. Arya vs Waif?> going to be VERY satisfying... I hope someone gets a very satisfying crack with the stick :lol:

• Like! 1

Oh yeah, Arya. Another plot line that isn't that interesting, but I can appreciate that it's moving along. It never made sense that she would shed her identity and become a faceless servant. We all wanted the same thing she wanted deep down, for her to steal the secrets and then go back to Westeros and use them on her enemies. I wish she had made use of her Warging abilities like in the book. Remember how she was able to fight blind partly because was seeing through the eyes of her pet cat? Why did they remove Warging from all the Stark children but Bran?

High Sparrow is an amazing character IMO. The overall plot is boooooring though. We know Tommen's going to die from the prophecy, let him trip down the stairs and be done with it. It's time for Cersei's trial, the only interesting thing left going on King's Landing.

It's also time Winter came to the south. Around the time of Cersei's trial I distinctly remember the first snowflakes of Winter falling on King's Landing. Yet they still make it look really warm there.

• Like! 1

was thinking all day on this...so be prepared.....

We all know about the Red Wedding....Sooooo the Freys are enemies against the Tullys, Starks and probably most of the northern houses. We also know Roose Bolton stabbed Robb with the full backing of the Lannisters. The Freys, Lannisters and Boltons all have an alliance of sorts.....and the Freys have been keeping Edmure Tully as hostage for awhile.

So what happens when Lord Walder Frey learns what Ramsay Bolton did to Walda Frey and his grandson? I know he doesn't seem to care about his offspring all that much, since he has so many and like he said he can always make more. But he killed Robb Stark because he reneged on the marriage to his daughter....what might he do here? And what happens to the alliance?

• Like! 1

Oh yeah, Arya. Another plot line that isn't that interesting, but I can appreciate that it's moving along. It never made sense that she would shed her identity and become a faceless servant. We all wanted the same thing she wanted deep down, for her to steal the secrets and then go back to Westeros and use them on her enemies. I wish she had made use of her Warging abilities like in the book. Remember how she was able to fight blind partly because was seeing through the eyes of her pet cat? Why did they remove Warging from all the Stark children but Bran?

High Sparrow is an amazing character IMO. The overall plot is boooooring though. We know Tommen's going to die from the prophecy, let him trip down the stairs and be done with it. It's time for Cersei's trial, the only interesting thing left going on King's Landing.

It's also time Winter came to the south. Around the time of Cersei's trial I distinctly remember the first snowflakes of Winter falling on King's Landing. Yet they still make it look really warm there.

I agree...I found Arya's plot line ever since she arrived to "train' deathly boring. In fact, I'd thought I'd get bored of it as well when reading about it in the books, but a writer has more of a luxury of time than screenwriters, and this is really where the author's bent can shine...I was engaged in many parts of her experiences while training to be an assassin, but find myself frustrated that all these details that make our understanding of the story we read via what we're seeing on screen come out as being dull and lifeless. I'm waiting for some action to once again creep into this series..I wouldn't even mind one of those luxury episodes devoted to an entire fight as when Castle Black was attacked by the giants and mammoths... I'd thought I'd walk out angry after seeing where they were going with that but was thrilled as it continued... ahhhh, if only they could make more episodes per season... the injustice!

gogo

• Like! 1