Game of Thrones (Beware, may contain heart-breaking spoilers)

Katran

spoiler question:

down

down

down

down

... okay, wer're here in FDM's dungeons :P ... the ending of this last episode...does it mean the entire grey joy fleet is sunk? Was Euron so strong he could, just in one battle, take out the entire armade:)

:blink:

gogo

It makes no sense, but I get the feeling they are trying to wrap up the story and whittle down the cast to the bare essentials. I mean, we have only 11 episodes left in the entire show. That means they can't spend time on anyone but the key players. So, yeah goodbye Sand Snakes, goodbye to any Iron Islanders being "good guys" (if they ever were).

• Like! 1

The clans are litterally being wiped out... it didnt sync for me until I saw the freys all drink their draughts... ;) boltons, freys, now greyjys... and only two lannisters left from the original gang.. no kids, no future...

:o

gogo

Not much left of the Martells or Tyrells at this point either. I mean presumably there are many more in their houses, but as the show presents them, there's just Olenna and Mama Sandsnake.

While I think a large portion of Yara's fleet was destroyed...you still have all the slavers' ships.

Previews show the Unsullied ransacking Casterly Rock (Lannister home) which is on the other side of Westeros from Dragon Stone. So they have enough ships left for at least that. No way they walked across Westeros. I haven't seen anything on where the Dothraki are yet. And since the sand snakes/Dorne was my least favorite part of the show....no big loss for me there...actually Euron scored some points with me for killing 2 of the 3 daughters.

As far as houses being wiped out...While the Starks had the early lead, one house has passed them....the Baratheons...there's no one left...unless you count Cersei and Gendry...Cersei by marriage ( though I always think of her as a Lannister) and Gendry is a Barsteward. There may be a few more Barsteward children out there from Robert but Cersei hunted most of them down and had them killed. As far as I know only Gendry escaped her clutches.

And if you count the Baratheons/Lannisters as one family (since Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen aren't really Baratheons) you only add Jamie and Tyrion to the list.

• Like! 1

finding-gendry-540x304.jpg

There are some speculations that he's been spotted. Since you don't watch the trailers Gogo you wouldn't be privy to the knowledge we (may) have.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Surprised that video didn't include the scene with Catelyn Stark when he was captured. That was when I really thought he was more than just some arrogant pretty boy knight. It's the scene where he says they make you swear so many oaths that you can't do anything without breaking at least one of them.

In many ways, he is the most complex character in GoT. His love for his sister and brother might just get him killed. Really hope his probable reunion with Tyrion and meeting with Daenerys causes him to switch sides. And make sure Bronn goes with him (love Bronn - might be my favorite character after Tyrion)

Lemme see if I can find it......got it :P Man I forgot that was the first time he meets Brienne and also forgot him disparaging Ned's honor and Catelyn's compassion (so yeah he was still a biit of an arrogant pretty boy knight lol)

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So did Jon and Daenerys just screw themselves? No, not literally like at the end of S7/E7 :P

Jon and Westeros' version of the Suicide Squad go north of the wall to get a wight so they can prove to Cersei the Night King's army is real and they need to cease their war and band together to fight the undead. Jon and company get trapped and Dany has to come and save them. In the process she loses Viserion.

(btw Gendry must be on par with an Olympic marathoner....never thought blacksmiths were known for their running stamina. I would say it was from all that rowing but that doesn't really work out the legs :P)

The Night King ressurects Viserion and uses him to destoy the wall letting his army through (and where did they get all those chains :) ). So if Jon never goes north of the wall, and thus Dany never loses her dragon, does that stop the Night King from getting through the wall? Almost seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Now maybe the Night King had an alternative method to get through the wall (in the books there is talk about a magical horn) but the dragon just made it soooo much easier. But I wonder if Team Targaryen helped bring about their own worst fear. The Night King south of the wall.

• Like! 1

Technically speaking Bran contributed to the Night King's ability to cross the wall. Ever since he and the Night King touched during his reckless middle of the night Warg vision, it's been clear that the Night King is no longer bound the magic set up by the Children of the Forest. For the first time in generations the Night King and his vassals were able to enter into the Sacred Grove where the Three Eyed Raven lived for hundreds of years (cool trivia fact: The original three eyed raven is an Ancestor of Daenarys' who's been around since the time before the Wall went up)

When Bran crossed the wall back into Westeros after being touched by the Night King, he nullified the magic that held even the likes of Uncle Benjen at bay from crossing the Wall or getting too close.

What I do think will be interesting is to see how Daenarys' remaining dragons interact with Viscerion's anti-fire; described by George R. R. Martin as literally being the antithesis of fire; able to freeze a man solid. Also, we've seen Euron Greyjoy wearing the Dragon Horn; not to mention Dany's own telepathic influence over the dragons. Should make for an interesting battle.

In terms of Dany and John screwing each other, the Targaeryans are all about incest (even though Aunt/Nephew sex isn't legally classified as incest). In the books Viscerys tries to take Daenarys' virginity before he marriage to Drogo; and her ancestor that first conquered Westeros married two of his sisters. So all they'd have to do is get married in order to restore the line of succession and rule the Seven Kingdoms together. Plus now that they're sleeping together they can take turns "bending the knee"

Edited by Delta!
  • Like! 1

Oh man I can't wait til that little bomb of Jon's heritage is dropped on them...Ummm Dany I guess you're the one who needs to bend the knee, since he has the better claim....wonder what Cersei will think of that

• 1 year later...

Winter is finally after here after two long grueling years!  Next week looks to be super intense.  My friends and I have a deadpool going.  Bets were placed on who will survive.

Here are eps. 1 & 2 "spoilers" with no context  :D

sXnIBWt.jpg

bKGOZ6O.jpg