Is My Inquisitor Build...Bad?

Kingy

Alright, so far I am having fun with the class but there are some ups and downs.

Here's my skill list; I'm going for a caster-type inquisitor.

1. AS Lore

2. NN Lore (I think I should have put NN Focus instead)

3. AS Focus

4. Armor Lore

5. Concentration

6. Dual Wield (1 point only in it, for dual wield staves)

7. ----

8. ----

9. ----

10.----

Is the build good so far? Please give me tips.

It's good for making a hybrid or caster inquisitor. Your choices have been very solid and consistent.

If you need some further help - in terms of player experiences and similar builds - you may want to check the Inquisitor guides section: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showforum=375

However, before you do, it would really help to have an idea what do you want from your character - closed or ranged combat, fast killing at the price of defense or slower killing combined with tough character, being able to be self-sufficient or thrive on drops... There are plenty of choices you need to make in advance :)

I am aiming to become a ranged Inquisitor.

I really love AS but also love NN alooooot, and GI is there whenever the CA are recharging.

I just took the Inquisitor. Build for Dummies.

I just don't know what the next thing should be.

NN Focus?

Combat Discipline?

GI Focus?

Constitution? or Toughness?

I am aiming to become a ranged Inquisitor.

I really love AS but also love NN alooooot, and GI is there whenever the CA are recharging.

I just took the Inquisitor. Build for Dummies.

I just don't know what the next thing should be.

NN Focus?

Combat Discipline?

GI Focus?

Constitution? or Toughness?

Inquisitor Build for Dummies? I did a search of the DarkMatters forums, but the only return for the word "dummies" was your post 8) well, a few results but not for inquisitors.

I just wanted to overview the build before making suggestions as there is often "method to the madness" and giving advise on other peoples builds can be tricky... especially since you have 5 good options and only 4 spots left ;)

Edited by essjayehm

In that case, you're probably aiming for a caster inquisitor. There are a number of builds in that section that will help you. You will need to make some additional choices though... Like:

- how many aspects do you want to use?

- how many aspects are you really using now?

- which are the combat arts that serve you well and what are their corresponding aspects?

- how many buffs are you using, and how many do you plan on using?

I suggest taking a look at these:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17814

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16326

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17206

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=11233

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12492

It will take some reading, but I'm sure you'll find the player's insights into their builds useful.

In that case, you're probably aiming for a caster inquisitor. There are a number of builds in that section that will help you. You will need to make some additional choices though... Like:

- how many aspects do you want to use?

- how many aspects are you really using now?

- which are the combat arts that serve you well and what are their corresponding aspects?

- how many buffs are you using, and how many do you plan on using?

I suggest taking a look at these:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17814

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16326

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17206

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=11233

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12492

It will take some reading, but I'm sure you'll find the player's insights into their builds useful.

I know what you guys mean ;)

Here's the build, sorry, it was on the Official Sacred Forums - http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=66081

I was following the build until I was met with NN Lore. I picked that because I reallllllyyyy like that CA.

As of now, my usual encounters with enimes go like this:

1. Combo - Raving Thrust + Clustering Maelstorm

2. Levin Array - (Because it takes honestly about 3 seconds to reload.

3. Inexorable Subjugation - (When the soul is taken, all other enimies will focus on it)

4. Combo - Ruthless Mutilation + Callous Execution

5. Repeat? - All my combos charge up realllly fast, especially my AS Combo and GI combo.

Well, that's about my basic routine when I face an enemy.

1. AS Lore

2. NN Lore (I think I should have put NN Focus instead)

3. AS Focus

4. Armor Lore

5. Concentration

6. Dual Wield (1 point only in it, for dual wield staves)

7. ----

8. ----

9. ----

10 ----

Now for the skills, I don't know what to add next, seeing as my Inexorable Subjugation is taking some time now to charge up, should I take NN Focus? O

Or maybe I should take Combat Discipline which will allow for a 3 CA spell?

What should my next 4 skills be?

Also, one last thing; My Zealous Doppelganger is like my best friend. Should I make it perm. or just leave it as a reoccurring spell? I like using Reverse Polarity and Soul Reaver, they make me feel really strong.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Kingy

The way your build goes, if I were you, I would pick:

- combat discipline - more CA in a combo, regen time reduction, improves CA damage

- ancient magic - improves the damage of your combat arts

- toughness - great damage mitigation when mastered, combines really well with some of the inquisitor's gear (Damage mitigation % = % of the enemy damage is chalked off before any other calculations kick in)

- NN focus or GI focus - if you pick NN focus, you can make a solid caster build - and since you picked the lore, getting the focus is preferable. GI focus can do wonders for a caster build, because if you mod it for Inure, you'll get even more damage mitigation to go with toughness.

ZD is good as permanent buff if you play softcore, as when you die, you won't have to lose any campaign/hunting progress. I personally pick it as a temporary buff, because the ZD tends to be the focus of the enemy mobs' attention, which can be bothersome when you round up a big mob for your favorite Clustering + Raving + Levin + Eruptive mass kill combo.

The way your build goes, if I were you, I would pick:

- combat discipline - more CA in a combo, regen time reduction, improves CA damage

- ancient magic - improves the damage of your combat arts

- toughness - great damage mitigation when mastered, combines really well with some of the inquisitor's gear (Damage mitigation % = % of the enemy damage is chalked off before any other calculations kick in)

- NN focus or GI focus - if you pick NN focus, you can make a solid caster build - and since you picked the lore, getting the focus is preferable. GI focus can do wonders for a caster build, because if you mod it for Inure, you'll get even more damage mitigation to go with toughness.

ZD is good as permanent buff if you play softcore, as when you die, you won't have to lose any campaign/hunting progress. I personally pick it as a temporary buff, because the ZD tends to be the focus of the enemy mobs' attention, which can be bothersome when you round up a big mob for your favorite Clustering + Raving + Levin + Eruptive mass kill combo.

I see where you're coming from ;)

Between NN Focus and GI focus, I think I'll pick NN Focus, just because I've already picked NN Lore.

But the GI Combat Arts are extremely powerful. Using GI Combat Arts was the only real way to kill the Gryphon for me.

To be honest, I only use Inexorable Subjugation and Soul Reaver in NN, because apparently Paralyzing Dread is bugged really bad and Eruptive isn't as good as people say?

I'm curious about the Eruptive spell, it looks like a wierd but effective spell. Do you think I should mod it up in the future?

Also, Dual Wielding Staves...When do the really good staves start coming? What should I forge them with?

Edited by Kingy

Eruptive is good as a mop-up CA at the end of a combo (as it requires dead bodies) or additional item find ca. For a long time clustering + raving + levin will be more than enough to kill a mob.

I personally, never liked Soul Reaver as a buff. It requires you to be constantly involved in the action, and when you hunt a long time in an area, you may be forced to travel a bit till you manage to find or gather a new mob, and by that time, the souls may have faded away. Still, it's a matter of personal preference.

About the staves - it's all about luck. Sometimes, rare staves can do just as well as unique ones. I'm sure you're aware that you're not limited to dual wielding staves - there are plenty of decent swords to carry around, for example.

Eruptive is good as a mop-up CA at the end of a combo (as it requires dead bodies) or additional item find ca. For a long time clustering + raving + levin will be more than enough to kill a mob.

I personally, never liked Soul Reaver as a buff. It requires you to be constantly involved in the action, and when you hunt a long time in an area, you may be forced to travel a bit till you manage to find or gather a new mob, and by that time, the souls may have faded away. Still, it's a matter of personal preference.

About the staves - it's all about luck. Sometimes, rare staves can do just as well as unique ones. I'm sure you're aware that you're not limited to dual wielding staves - there are plenty of decent swords to carry around, for example.

You've been a lot of help Dobri!

Unfortunately, I still have some questions :S

Disloged Spirit to me looks like a powerful spell, but whenever I use it, it honestly increases a, lets say, boss's health. I have only one modification to it, so I'm wondering if I should continue supporting it in modifications or start on maybe, lets say, Soul Reaver?

I am still undecided about whether to take Toughness or Constitution and NN Focus or GG Focus as I use both regularly.

And about Soul Reaver, does it actually make that much of a difference or no?

You've been a lot of help Dobri!

Unfortunately, I still have some questions :S

Disloged Spirit to me looks like a powerful spell, but whenever I use it, it honestly increases a, lets say, boss's health. I have only one modification to it, so I'm wondering if I should continue supporting it in modifications or start on maybe, lets say, Soul Reaver?

I am still undecided about whether to take Toughness or Constitution and NN Focus or GG Focus as I use both regularly.

And about Soul Reaver, does it actually make that much of a difference or no?

Ah, the bouncing health bar :BlobRed: Do not worry about that, it's just a graphical display "oddity". Dislodged Spirit reduces attributes, including Vitality. This lowers the enemies' maximum health. If you have damaged the enemy, then it does appear that the enemy has gained health, because of the reduction to max health. Lets say the boss has 1000 health and you have done 500 damage to him; so he has 500 HP left, and his HP bar is at 50%. You cast Dislodged Sprirt on him, reducing his attributes. This causes his max. HP to become only 800... but his HP is still at 500. This causes his HP bar to "jump" from 50% to 62.5%, appearing as if the enemy gained health, but it did not. He still only has 500 HP, it is just the ratio of HP left to max HP has changed.

This effect is also noticible when using the Deep, Deadly and Serious Open wounds effects, as they reduce maximum hitpoints. The Weaken effect (from causing magic damage) also causes this effect, since it reduces attributes.

Edited by essjayehm

If you take toughness, I'd take GI focus, because the Chastisement buff (Inure) + Toughness make a rather pleasing damage mitigation combo. You'll be low on HP, but if you go for damage mitigation equipment and manage to push, say, physical damage mitigation to 100% (that's not as easy as it sounds - I managed to achieve it on level 125), this means you'll be immune to all physical attacks and you can hunt in areas with physical damage dealing monsters without taking 1 HP damage. Oh - and if you do, make sure to mod Frenetic Fervor for a caster - not for a close combat fighter.

The setback of this choice is that you already took NN lore, which means you'll use low-level NN combat arts, which is a problem at higher levels, as you'll have tough time keeping the NN aspect damage up to par.

If you take constitution, then NN focus would be better. This will make your Inquisitor a pure caster with 2 very strong aspects.

The way your build goes, this choice would be the better one in my opinion, since you already took NN lore. In this case, make sure you work heavily on your reverse polarity buff, as it will be your main source of defense.

In both cases, your char is going to be quite interesting to play.

If you take toughness, I'd take GI focus, because the Chastisement buff (Inure) + Toughness make a rather pleasing damage mitigation combo. You'll be low on HP, but if you go for damage mitigation equipment and manage to push, say, physical damage mitigation to 100% (that's not as easy as it sounds - I managed to achieve it on level 125), this means you'll be immune to all physical attacks and you can hunt in areas with physical damage dealing monsters without taking 1 HP damage. Oh - and if you do, make sure to mod Frenetic Fervor for a caster - not for a close combat fighter.

The setback of this choice is that you already took NN lore, which means you'll use low-level NN combat arts, which is a problem at higher levels, as you'll have tough time keeping the NN aspect damage up to par.

If you take constitution, then NN focus would be better. This will make your Inquisitor a pure caster with 2 very strong aspects.

The way your build goes, this choice would be the better one in my opinion, since you already took NN lore. In this case, make sure you work heavily on your reverse polarity buff, as it will be your main source of defense.

In both cases, your char is going to be quite interesting to play.

Wow, I have a muuuuch better understanding for my build now, thanks Dobri.

I think I will take on the NN focus along with Constitution since I have already chosen NN Lore, but the whole Toughness + GI Focus sounds brutal, I will surely make a GI based Inquisitor. next time.

So in the end, I should take NN Focus, Constitution and I'm guessing Ancient Magic... or no?

And I will surely start speccing Disloged Spirit.

If you make a pure caster, Combat discipline and Ancient magic are a must, as they will greatly help the damage you'll be dealing.

As for the toughness + PC buff, you should check my guide: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17814 - I did my best to explain how everything went with concrete numbers.

I did the test run in LAN just recently, and you van see the results. However, this build needs some support, and I'm sure the dual-aspect inquisitor can provide it - you can check my other 2-aspect build here: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=16326 - this build lacks concentration and has constitution instead, but it will do just as well with your skill setup.

Dobri, you are the light in my darkness.

Thank you for ALL of your help. <333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333

• 4 weeks later...

Tiny advice, I noticed that you play on Xbox take care as you can't move to higher level of difficulty by reaching a given level, you have to go through the campaign. Some builds can give headache during some bosses/tough fights (plain AS build for example till your ZD last really long).

I tried one based on some Dobri's advices on the thread "Inquisitor for the impoverish?". It did well but some orcs were really difficult (you can't really make a mob big enough so CM really shine) and Bosses fight. It's all my fault as he described how to play the build and I did not think Boss or some elites would be such a bother.

Still I believe there are work around on console to make the AS build more viable (ie being able to go through the campaign more conveniently). I didn't not try but I think that completely shifting the priority when it comes to modding, I went CM RP first. Going ZD till gold mod then CM could help. ZD is the only way to handle bosses few elites characters even if its dumb AI is a plague.