Hybrid Astral Dual Wield questions

Hi all,

Well I've decided to roll a DW SW who uses the Nether Allegiance summons, as well as a combination of the Astral and DW tree's. I've done much scouting for guides, and have yet to find what I'm looking for with regard to skills, which attributes to use and play techniques. I read claudius's ranged Astral guide, and that was good, but I'd prefer to be amongst it with my skellies, not on the outer with Shuriken. I'm thinking (although no idea which order would be the most efficient). I'm also prefering Swords as weapons, but without a specific Lore, can chop and change as I find things I guess?

So, in no particular order;

BTW, this is for XBOX, so Blacksmithing and Spell resistance are off the table, leaving possibly...

1. Tactics Lore

2. Dual Wield

3. Concentration

4. Armor Lore

5. Constitution

6. Toughness

7. DW Focus

8. Astral Lord Lore

9. Astral Lord Focus

10. Combat Discipline or EP?

Any advice or even links to guides which sound like they may fit would be a great help thanks all! :bow:

D

Hi all,

Well I've decided to roll a DW SW who uses the Nether Allegiance summons, as well as a combination of the Astral and DW tree's. I've done much scouting for guides, and have yet to find what I'm looking for with regard to skills, which attributes to use and play techniques. I read claudius's ranged Astral guide, and that was good, but I'd prefer to be amongst it with my skellies, not on the outer with Shuriken. I'm thinking (although no idea which order would be the most efficient). I'm also prefering Swords as weapons, but without a specific Lore, can chop and change as I find things I guess?

BTW, this is for XBOX, so Blacksmithing and Spell resistance are off the table, leaving possibly...

1. Tactics Lore

2. Dual Wield

3. Concentration

4. Armor Lore

5. Constitution

6. Toughness

7. DW Focus

8. Astral Lord Lore

9. Astral Lord Focus

Any advice or even links to guides which sound like they may fit would be a great help thanks all! :bow:

D

Hello, D!

Your build looks fine, except EP is a secondary skill for the SW... you'll need riding, divine devotion or blacksmithing first :(

I'm not the biggest SW player, so I'm not sure about skill #10... but either go with combat discipline (for 3 Combat Arts in a combo), or Malevolent Champion Focus (if you wanted to use Reflecive Emanation or Frenzied Rampage).

Hi all,

1. Tactics Lore

2. Dual Wield

3. Concentration

4. Armor Lore

5. Constitution

6. Toughness

7. DW Focus

8. Astral Lord Lore

9. Astral Lord Focus

D

Hello, D!

Your build looks fine, except EP is a secondary skill for the SW... you'll need riding, divine devotion or blacksmithing first :(

I'm not the biggest SW player, so I'm not sure about skill #10... but either go with combat discipline (for 3 Combat Arts in a combo), or Malevolent Champion Focus (if you wanted to use Reflecive Emanation or Frenzied Rampage).

D,

I assume that with astral lore you would consider the skeletal fortifications as a supplement to the minions and dual wield. The minions are a riot and they whittle away. For this reason they can combine with your melee. The problem with fortifications in a death warrior build is that is that the cooldown is too long to combo with demonic blow.

If you use SF I would put the extra projectile.

And either MC or damage lore, Defense vs Offense

Edited by claudius
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been toying around with Nether Allegiance with ranged and the biggest issue was, which will apply here, is balancing the cool downs on the Combat Arts you want to use and the level of the skeletal warriors. The skills you've picked seem good, but I'd concentrate on aiming to reduce this cool down as much as you can with gear and the order in which you pick your skills.

Tactics Lore

Armor Lore

Dual Wield

Astral Lord Focus

Concentration

Constitution

Death Warrior Focus

Combat Discipline

Toughness

Astral Lord Lore

Dual wield needs 5 points in tactics to open it up ,so you can't have that as a 2nd skill. Concentration needs 5 points in ALF to open it up as well. So that's the build I'd probably start with given your choices, and then it's a matter of carefully sinking runes into NA without increasing the CD on the CAs too much. Oh and I chose combat disc, simply for the 10%, would leave that until really late level before sorting out the mastery. Dual Wield I'd leave at 1 point until a higher level as well and sink primarily into TL early on for the extra melee damage.