Type: Ring

Class: Legendary

Available Levels: 5 - 245 Increment 35

Variable Modifiers:

All Combat Arts

All Skills

URL: http://www.sacredwik...The_Second_Ring

Instructions:

Be sure to back up your existing chest.sacred2chest file before doing anything! Installing this file will overwrite your Shared tab in your player chest.

For XP, it's located in:

C:\Documents and Settings\<userID>\My Documents\Saved Games\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2

For Vista and Windows 7:

C:\Users\<userID>\Saved Games\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2

Extract the Chest.sacred2chest file from this Zip file and place it in your Saved Games folder.

Click here to download this file

This is a really really sick ring. I don't think I've ever found one before.

Good download Wolfie

:)

gogo

Yah.. It's pretty cool. The Blank Level 200 characters download has a couple of them stashed away in inventory as well...

Well... what do think first would have been. Wasn't the ring in Tolkien's referred to as One ring to rule them all?

This really sounds like a reference to to Lord of the Rings to me

gogo

I'm not all that sure, gogo. The ring from 'The Lord of the Rings' was the One, but not the First. In fact, it was the last one.

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,

Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,

Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,

One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,

One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie

As I remember Tolkien's books, there are several rings, and it wasn't clarified which one is the first, and which one is the second. The ring in question was created after all the others, so it definitely can't be called the first even though it's still the One Ring.

There are some references to Tolkien in Sacred 2 item names, but I don't think that this is one of them.

Edited by Silver_fox

As I remember Tolkien's books, there are several rings, and it wasn't clarified which one is the first, and which one is the second. The ring in question was created after all the others, so it definitely can't be called the first even though it's still the One Ring.

There are some references to Tolkien in Sacred 2 item names, but I don't think that this is one of them.

I would cast a question this way to see it can be seen as a reference:

The One ring is the most famous ring in all of written history,

If you were going to reference it, especially via parody as the Sacred Franchise does...how would you do it?

It couldn't be called "The Two Ring" ...as the One Ring, when said this way in English transforms into a title, while saying " The Two Ring", if we were to follow exactly the naming scheme set from first word...does not make any sense and does have an real when you say it after the first.

However, when you say "The Second Ring"...the reference, parody, joke, becomes clear, and you have a series, one that is grammatically correct, and that functions properly in English and holds the "meaning" or "feel" of a humorous parody because it references properly the first part of the joke:

the_one_ring.jpg

versus or in tandem with the second part of the joke: The second ring.

:bounce:

I've found one of these, but it was around level 30 so it was something like +1CA, +2 Skills...not great :(

Nice find though :)

Is there a unique at that level comparable? with both ca multiples and skills? I remember one being close to that, but off hand can't remember it's name. Lord Wayne's something or other?

gogo

Gogo: Lord Wayne's Wild Rage perhaps? An ammie with similar attribs. Have found couple of 'em around 30-50 'ish. Wasn't too good either. And AFAIK it isn't as general as The Second Ring. More like random aspect for random class for the CAs.

Ah ha..that was it! A great ring.. I whoop when I find it.

Interesting. The wiki has a very high level one that has stats all combats and all skills

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Lord_Waynes_Wild_Rage

The two below it are showing plus aspect and plus skills

The second set of rings is more class specific.... which of the two ways of this ring are more powerful...and in ice and blood...which way does lord wayne's wild rage falll...first way or second?

gogo

I would cast a question this way to see it can be seen as a reference:

The One ring is the most famous ring in all of written history,

If you were going to reference it, especially via parody as the Sacred Franchise does...how would you do it?

It couldn't be called "The Two Ring" ...as the One Ring, when said this way in English transforms into a title, while saying " The Two Ring", if we were to follow exactly the naming scheme set from first word...does not make any sense and does have an real when you say it after the first.

However, when you say "The Second Ring"...the reference, parody, joke, becomes clear, and you have a series, one that is grammatically correct, and that functions properly in English and holds the "meaning" or "feel" of a humorous parody because it references properly the first part of the joke:

the_one_ring.jpg

versus or in tandem with the second part of the joke: The second ring.

I kinda agree with this chain of thought. When I first read the name of the ring I thought "Hello LOTR"...but its not a real big reference, perhaps not worth its own page on the wiki. On the catch-all page?

We were thinking about how to describe a numerous references that are present in the item names. And we still have no good way to do it.

Speaking of LOTR, we can collect more references to it and make a page for all of them. Now, when two of you consider this ring a reference, I'll agree with this fact. As for me, I just was a big fan of Tolkien's books when I was a university student. I even wrote some articles about them... and I can remember a lot of details and other stuff noone pays attention to. Looks like sometimes knowing too much is as bad as knowing too little.

As for the other LOTR references, I always considered the Elven Star one of them. In Tolkien's books the very name of Elbereth, the brightest star in the sky (and the elven name for the Goddess of Light at the same time), could help to defeat a powerful, yet impure enemy (undead or monster) and bring the light to the dark place. And here we have a unique that helps to banish undead and light the ground. What do you think?

We were thinking about how to describe a numerous references that are present in the item names. And we still have no good way to do it.

Speaking of LOTR, we can collect more references to it and make a page for all of them. Now, when two of you consider this ring a reference, I'll agree with this fact. As for me, I just was a big fan of Tolkien's books when I was a university student. I even wrote some articles about them... and I can remember a lot of details and other stuff noone pays attention to. Looks like sometimes knowing too much is as bad as knowing too little.

As for the other LOTR references, I always considered the Elven Star one of them. In Tolkien's books the very name of Elbereth, the brightest star in the sky (and the elven name for the Goddess of Light at the same time), could help to defeat a powerful, yet impure enemy (undead or monster) and bring the light to the dark place. And here we have a unique that helps to banish undead and light the ground. What do you think?

Ah, Elven star being from LOTR...this is exciting catch Silver! Okay, maybe we'll start a topic on LOTR in Sacred 2? If we run it in this forum we can have some fun...maybe there's a bunch more stuff from the books that the game has that others may make mention of, and we can create a new lotr eggy page for sacred 2!

gogo