Lost in translation

It's a great pitch Chattius... lol i'm still not sure sure I like fish any much more than what I can buy at mcdonalds Filet o'fresh or Sushi?

Go on ...throw something at me

:tomato:

gogo

5 hours ago, gogoblender said:

It's a great pitch Chattius... lol I'm still not sure sure I like fish any much more than what I can buy at mcdonalds Filet o'fresh or Sushi?

Go on ...throw something at me

:tomato:

gogo

A 300000year old boomerang? :ninja:

Just see it from the view of a castle baron some hundred years ago. Eating old fish can be dangerous if not roasted through. If your cook served you a blue trout or carp it must have been fresh. Using vinegar, wine or strong herbs with aetheric oils for poaching it can work as a desinfection (which was not known then, but could have been Darwinism). If the baron feels ill after the fish the cook is fired, killed or both the same time. So the surviving cooks kept on recipes which worked.

Sushi, I always wondered why people can eat raw fish. Mett, minced raw pork, is so much better and tastier. :chef:

Living at the coast you had fish for generations, living in forest you had pigs and boars. Forest ponds are full of algae and only carps can survive this. But before a carp was eaten, it was caught, put in a bucket with clear water, water changed daily for two weeks, so no algae left in digesting system any more, algae taste gone, ...

No forest people with a clear mind eats raw fish, never!!! :sick:

If the fish is turning blue the fish had a healthy skin with no risk of algae or other parasites in it.

Raw minced pork is fine, butchering was normally at freezing temperatures for hundreds of years. Why do you coast people don't eat Mett = raw minced pork ? :whistle:

• Haha 1
  • 1 year later...

Quark-Öl Teig

Our Au-Pair was asking for the english name for a Quark-Öl-Teig = Oil-Curd(-cheese)-Dough. And since Quark is not the swiss-army-knife(*) in kitchens on other places in the world, how to replace quark?

It is way quicker and easier to make than yeast dough and can replace it in lot of recipes, even for pizza.

(*) We also use Quark in bandages, for cooling fever, ...

• Like! 1

I saw the word curd in your post... we use it with unabashed delight, sprinkled all over our...yes you know its going to be said...

Poutine!

:D

gogo