I got pillar-inspired today :)

I checked out the new version of the CM patch, I liked it and I was fooling around in some areas with a sub 100 level caster Seraphim. I've been slapping pillars like crazy, which is a big deviation from my usual revered oriented casters - I chose celestial instead. That made me think celestial is better - or prettier, I'd say :)

2 screens for you - it happened today I kinda liked them - and I hope you will like them too :)

Clipboard01.jpg

and this one:

Clipboard03.jpg

Yep, gogo, certainly looks better in the swamp, rather than elven lands. Dark scene with bright is truly awesome. Too bad there are no truly dark areas in Sacred 2 - save for the underground that is. Having a pillar cut through pitch black darkness, illuminating all your surroundings would be awesome.

lujate, that is actually one of the reasons I like the Seraphim. You can make a protective "shield" of light and stay within it safe as a cookie in a jar with no kids around :D It was with the new CM patch that I tried a rev/celestial seraphim caster by taking the celestial aspect as my main... The experiences taught me that I should have been doing this years ago :P

P.S.> To elaborate on gogo's note - Pillars are a great tool for everyone who likes mass killing. Assume you've rounded up a 20+ creatures mob. I have noticed that, based on their size, only 8 can hack at you at the same time at most (close combat), while the rest wander around aimlessly. Pillars can be positioned in strategic places so that they can hurt enemies without causing them to flee - I should note that enemies usually flee if they can't hit you, or stay beyond close combat range, at least - my scaredy-cat inquisitor vid shows that.

I used to play with warding energy and flaring nova for mass killing - no more. Divine Protection + Dashing Alacrity combo is better in tight situation, while keeping NO buff active. Not to mention that it also lets you cast combat arts at much higher level... Granted, you won't get to the effectiveness a High Elf can achieve, but you're much better protected - at level 75 I had 61.9% damage mitigation with the CM patch and its items.

Edited by Dobri

I agree gogo, that the brilliant light piecing the darkness should be more impressive. I do not know if it is just my miniature display or what, but to me the 2nd just looks better.

Yep, gogo, certainly looks better in the swamp, rather than elven lands. Dark scene with bright is truly awesome. Too bad there are no truly dark areas in Sacred 2 - save for the underground that is. Having a pillar cut through pitch black darkness, illuminating all your surroundings would be awesome.

lujate, that is actually one of the reasons I like the Seraphim. You can make a protective "shield" of light and stay within it safe as a cookie in a jar with no kids around :D It was with the new CM patch that I tried a rev/celestial seraphim caster by taking the celestial aspect as my main... The experiences taught me that I should have been doing this years ago :P

P.S.> To elaborate on gogo's note - Pillars are a great tool for everyone who likes mass killing. Assume you've rounded up a 20+ creatures mob. I have noticed that, based on their size, only 8 can hack at you at the same time at most (close combat), while the rest wander around aimlessly. Pillars can be positioned in strategic places so that they can hurt enemies without causing them to flee - I should note that enemies usually flee if they can't hit you, or stay beyond close combat range, at least - my scaredy-cat inquisitor vid shows that.

I used to play with warding energy and flaring nova for mass killing - no more. Divine Protection + Dashing Alacrity combo is better in tight situation, while keeping NO buff active. Not to mention that it also lets you cast combat arts at much higher level... Granted, you won't get to the effectiveness a High Elf can achieve, but you're much better protected - at level 75 I had 61.9% damage mitigation with the CM patch and its items.

lol..this is an awesome write up.

You could writeup a new guide :

Dobri's Art of Righteous Smiting!

:)

gogo

I love this. :) There is definitely an ethereal feel to this in a mass killing spree sort of way. :) If her armor wasn't too colorful, she'd look that much more of a celestial being. ^^ I also agree, the contrast to the darker, moodier feel of the swamp looks better.

Only one word is needed to describe it - magnificent :)

Imagine streaks of leech coming off the pillars and into the char...

Yeah they totally missed out on this. DAng. If they'd just made the leech effect weaker...or maybe allowed the additive one to be modded by spells?

hmmmm

:)

gogo