CM Patch Installation Question

Hi All, new to posting in these forums but been lurking in the background forever. I've always found the answers I need here. Ya'all are awesome. I have been a long time fan. Sacred, Underworld and now Sacred 2... love them. Have yet to play multiplayer (cant get it working on the PC, but LOVE SP. (actually recently got Sacred 2 for xbox just to play MP... but didnt like it nearly as much as I do on the PC. Really excited to hear there might just be a S3. I Can't seem to find an answer to my problem this time tho. Here is my Question:

I really want to install the CM patch, but worried about SecureRom. It seems every little change you have to (annoyingly) re-register... So what I want to know is this, Should I uninstall the game and unregistered my code first? Then reinstall everything including the CM Patch and re-register my game again? Seems like jumping thru a few too many hoops to me lol.

Ok, nvm... I figured out a way to do it without uninstalling. Simply do a manual online revocation of the registration key, install the patch and then when you start the game you simply re-register. Saving a lot of time uninstalling and re-installing everything.

Hi All, new to posting in these forums but been lurking in the background forever. I've always found the answers I need here. Ya'all are awesome. I have been a long time fan. Sacred, Underworld and now Sacred 2... love them. Have yet to play multiplayer (cant get it working on the PC, but LOVE SP. (actually recently got Sacred 2 for xbox just to play MP... but didnt like it nearly as much as I do on the PC. Really excited to hear there might just be a S3. I Can't seem to find an answer to my problem this time tho. Here is my Question:

I really want to install the CM patch, but worried about SecureRom. It seems every little change you have to (annoyingly) re-register... So what I want to know is this, Should I uninstall the game and unregistered my code first? Then reinstall everything including the CM Patch and re-register my game again? Seems like jumping thru a few too many hoops to me lol.

Welcome to DarkMatters...

Yah.. WAY too many hoops. IF you've got the Sacred 2 Gold (or Sacred 2 Fallen Angel + Ice and Blood - same thing really) installed, then all you need to do is install the CM Patch. You do not need to go through all the contortions to do it. The only thing you really need - the UK version of Sacred 2 pubished by Deep Silver - not the US version published by CDV.

The CM Patch doesn't modify anything that would make it so you would need to reregister.

Hey Wolfie, thanks for the quick reply. Yea I have Sacred Gold UK version, had a friend in the UK get it for me the moment I heard about it. Glad to see you all are offering it to everyone here... its definitely worth the cost of replacing your Sacred 2 US version ihmo.

I installed the CM patch tonight and started a new character.. too excited to see what ya all have done to wait till tomorrow... gonna be tired tomorrow, but oh well.

You're welcome!

And yes, I agree, it's worth every penny. The US version - at least for me, using Windows 7, was an abominable epic fail. I had maybe a dozen characters started with it and most of them would start misbehaving somewhere around Artamark - and would crash to the desktop whenver I tried loading them for no apparent reason. Out of that dozen, I was able to complete only two games.

No idea why it was so - but I haven't really seen any of those issues since switching over and upgrading.

The expansion areas are pretty cool - good places to level up. The new CM Patch stuff is even better... Have fun - but do take a break every now and then! It's like the Silly Message says - "Your Sacred 2 character doesn't need food - but you do!"

Good luck with the game and welcome aboard!

Grrr, since loading the CMpatch 110 the game freezes and crashes. I have not had that problem prior running on Elite textures and Physx as well. I have tried disabling Physx and lowering all graphics but it still freezes, also it not only doesnt save when using the exit and save function, it crashes. Thank god I F7 save often. Any advice?

Grrr, since loading the CMpatch 110 the game freezes and crashes. I have not had that problem prior running on Elite textures and Physx as well. I have tried disabling Physx and lowering all graphics but it still freezes, also it not only doesnt save when using the exit and save function, it crashes. Thank god I F7 save often. Any advice?

Hmmm.. Well.. I do have an idea - but you probably won't like it. First off, I'd lose the Elite textures. And I'd try the game at the very lowest settings. I've had a few minor issues in some spots where there just wasn't enough umph in my video card to do even default graphics. And there was an issue with my inquisitor dual wielding lightsabers - that did not go over very well at all with anything but the bare minimum graphics.

But keeping it that low - it works fine.

Absolutely no difference with regard to crashing in elite or lowest settings... yea still crashes.

I have Im told an insane amount of GPU (blush) so pretty sure that's not the issue, but you never know.

Me thinks it has nothing to do with the game or the patch really, this evening it froze and I got a Microsoft error at the same time... could be another Win7 issue. /cry wish my XP laptop hadn't fried.

Absolutely no difference with regard to crashing in elite or lowest settings... yea still crashes.

I have Im told an insane amount of GPU (blush) so pretty sure that's not the issue, but you never know.

Me thinks it has nothing to do with the game or the patch really, this evening it froze and I got a Microsoft error at the same time... could be another Win7 issue. /cry wish my XP laptop hadn't fried.

Hmm... OK. So it's not the graphics that are causing the game to choke. What version of the game do you currently have installed? Are you on the latest patch from Ascaron/Deep Silver? (2.65.2)

What all do you have running - such as antivirus programs or other utilities and such?

Edited by wolfie2kX

So sorry this is a long one...

I'm playing on Sacred 2 Gold UK patched to 2.65.2 w. CM Patch 110

Sys specs are:

Intel Core i7 Extreme 975 @3.33ghz

2GB DDR3 1600 MHZ

ASUS P6T Deluxe Mobo

Nvidia Gforce GTX 295 x2 (quad, 1g)

Killer Xeno PCI-E gaming adapter

Liquid Cooling

Raid 0

SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio

Win 7 Ultimate 64, SP1

I previously was running max graphics settings with PhysX no problem, only changes made skipopenal and nocpubinding, running simultaneously: AV, Messenger, FFXI

Then I installed the CMPatch 110. Now it crashes when Saving and exiting and randomly doesn't actually save anything.

These are the things I have tried:

2. Use Skipopenal and nocpubinding
  3. Downloaded and installed the 4gb patch. Didn't appear to make a difference one way or the other.
  4. Downloaded and installed the Sacred 2 Launcher, tried setting the refresh to many different settings, it crashed every time it refreshed
  5. Uninstalled launcher and tried using the following in game "~" to open console, type: "sysflush", "enter", wait till done, "~" to close crashed
  6. then tried "ctl F1" which I read suggested in a post... NOPE game crashed
  7. the F7 key says on the game screen its saving, but it doesn't.. and I loose all gear and progress on Character when it crashes EXCEPT... hmm very interesting, the log book and map reflect areas covered and completed quests... but my inventory, gold, combat arts and equipped weapons don't... go figure
  8. Disabled PhysX and tried both lowest graphics settings and highest settings... no difference either way
  9. Disabled AV and everything else I could tell was running that didn't need to be, also disable visual themes and desktop composition still crashes on save's

I did not update to 2.43 when I did my I & B install... could that be an issue? I heard it had issues with Win7 so I left it at 2.40

Soooo.... just for giggles I uninstalled everything but Sacred 2, Ice and Blood and the 2.55.2 patch, and... no crashes and I can run the game at max settings with PhysX and when I exit and save that's exactly what it does.

I kno Sacred 2 hates my PC, and I totally understand why...but but but... I love Sacred 2. I would gladly dual boot with XP, but sadly that's not an option for me /cry.

I think it's maybe a save issue and possibly a memory leak or something like that 1.5g thingy (I'm not the most computer savvy person, just enough to get by and understand whats happening)... and from what I understand there really isn't anything in the CM Patch that should cause this if I works flawlessly without. so could be an incompatibility issue somewhere huh?

Thanks so much for taking time to try and help me... I feel like I'm imposing.

*hugs* Kiy

DAMN! Now that's a nice system! The only thing I can see that might be an issue - you're running Windows 7 x64 with only 2 GB of RAM.

Now back in the day when Windows 7 was in beta, the high-mucky-mucks at Microsoft said that 2 GB was the minimum to run Windows 7 x64. And since you've only got 2 GB installed, that would tend to explain why the 4 GB patch wouldn't have much of an effect. You're only half way to the threshhold where it would make a difference.

Now, I can't say this IS the problem with 100% certainty, but adding more RAM never, ever hurt. When I upgraded the RAM on this box (Athlon 64 X2) from 1 GB of RAM to 3 GB, Sacred 2 went from being a slide show to a game that can actually be played. I've seen the game eat up 2.14 GB of RAM after an hour or two's worth of play.

The 2.43 thing - yah.. I can vouch for that having some validity. The only time you would have needed the 2.43 patch would be if you previously had Fallen Angel 2.43 installed and had a bunch of saved games that you've run with that version. Otherwise, if you're installing for the first time, the 2.40 patch is more than enough to get you up to to Ice and Blood 2.64.0. So that's not likely a problem either.

Btw.. Sacred 2 can't possibly "hate" your computer. It's just a huge pile of code. It has no emotions. The 2.65.1 patch is supposed to make Sacred 2 work with Windows 7.

And for what it's worth - you're not imposing..! Some of us actually like a good challenge.

LazyTomcat wrote on our bugtracker, that he had reduced FPS issues playing Sacred 2 with his SLI setup.

He reduced strain on the graphics cards by setting Sacred 2 to run on single GPU. Maybe this could help here too.

I don't really know why these crashes are happening to you, especially as it seems to be related to the cm patch somehow. We did not alter anything on the game binaries to provoke this kind of behaviour.

Does it make a difference if you start Sacred 2 with administrator privileges (right klick on icon -> run as Admin)?

Edited by czevak

That is a quad core chip, right? To echo what wolfie said, 2GB RAM seems a little low. I thought you wanted 1-2GB per core, with 64 bit OS's needing closer to the 2GB value.

Wow, Some OSSUM help, you guys ROCK!

BTW, that was a typo.... me bad. I have 12GB DDR3, cuz I do a lot of graphics

I run under Admin settings already, and have tried in xp compat, but that sucked.

Wondering if a clean install might be in order...

I will try LazyTomcat and Czevak's suggestions and get back to you.

Edited by Kiyeri

Wow, Some OSSUM help, you guys ROCK!

BTW, that was a typo.... me bad. I have 12GB DDR3, cuz I do a lot of graphics

I run under Admin settings already, and have tried in xp compat, but that sucked.

Wondering if a clean install might be in order...

I will try LazyTomcat and Czevak's suggestions and get back to you.

:thumbsupsmiley: Good to hear that you've got 12 GB - and not 2 GB. BIG difference there. Had me worried for a sec there.

BTW... LazyTomcat and Czevak are two of the guys who work on the CM Patch - So any advice they have to offer is coming straight from the source.

lol, I'm sure you were thinking WTH 2g... on that rig ROFLMAO.

Well think my problem is solved. Set to only use 1 GPU and played for about an hour tonight no freezes and saved without crashing. So guess its my quad GPU /cry such a shame.

/Hugs to all that helped. Maybe some day Ill get my nooblette self into MP and torment ya all. LOL!

lol, I'm sure you were thinking WTH 2g... on that rig ROFLMAO.

Well think my problem is solved. Set to only use 1 GPU and played for about an hour tonight no freezes and saved without crashing. So guess its my quad GPU /cry such a shame.

/Hugs to all that helped. Maybe some day Ill get my nooblette self into MP and torment ya all. LOL!

Yah.. That did have me scratching me head... Why spend top dollar for that kind of monster system and only put 2 GB of RAM into it?

At least you've solved the problem. Fret not, while Sacred 2 doesn't seem to be able to handle SLI configuration all that well, you can bet Sacred 3 will likely do better in that regard. So it's not like it's going to go to waste anytime soon. With any luck that system should last for quite a while and still be relevant for a number of years.

Well its not going to waste... just on Sacred 2

Can't wait for S3

Think Sacred Underworld would run on my PC? Haven't tried.. was pretty sure it wouldn't work? What do you think?

Well, for me Underground didn't give any troubles. Using Win7 too. Only thing is the relatively small resolution. Might want to run it windowed, as it wouldn't look too good on any HD-res.

Only thing I could imagine, would be running it too high fps, or something, with a rig like yours. :P Though I doubt it would do that.

Well its not going to waste... just on Sacred 2

Can't wait for S3

Think Sacred Underworld would run on my PC? Haven't tried.. was pretty sure it wouldn't work? What do you think?

Whyever not? I got into the franchise with that game. Works fine. And since your system is more like a Bugatti Veyron compared to my Honda Civic, It should run fine.

Hey I like Honda Civic's! :P

This rig was a stroke of luck... I was in the right place at the right time working the right job, been almost 2 years now and I love it. Guess batting my eyes helped a bit too. lol!

Hey I like Honda Civic's! :P

This rig was a stroke of luck... I was in the right place at the right time working the right job, been almost 2 years now and I love it. Guess batting my eyes helped a bit too. lol!

:sigh: We should all have luck like that...

So you mentioned video.. I take it you work in the movie biz...?

Actually ya, but not really so much "video" as Graphics. I used to work in post production. I got to Beta test stuff cuz if the programs would blow up, I was the one that usually pushed them to far. Currently I mostly use my PC for photography and gaming.