What is the best mail Add On for Firefox?

gogoblender

Hey guys

After all this updating, I now just realized that my mail client add on is gone for FF.... anyone know which one is best for FF...I would like the one that can inform me of both hotmail and Gmail please.

Thanks

:)

gogo

I use Webmail Notifier 2.7.6

It has a ton of nice and easy to use option. The button it has doesnt look out of place on the tool bar. Some of the options range from the time frame you set when it checks your mail box. You can set the priority which mail boxes to be checked first. By just one click it takes you to your mail box no matter what mail service you use.

It works with everything gmail, yahoo mail, hotmail, aol and many more.

I have been using it for some time and have no complains what so every.

• 7 months later...

nooooooooooo

webmail notifier is crashing my FF... and I looked at the FF site where this add on came from, apparently others have reported this, the BEST thing ever to bring in all emails to FF... noooooooooo :oooo:

Does anyone have another suggestion, or can you please tell me what you're using?

Thanks!

:)

gogo

Had to find something that could aggregate both hotmail and gmail at once, finally settled on this little gem that I was able to hunt up. It's got two versions, the pro/paid one is unlimited accounts, but I settled for free, it allows us to get notified from two.Since Gmail, lets us forward from one account to another I had all my gmails forward to my main one, used that for one of this app's choices and the other one of the two allowed by Gmail Notifier Pro, I kept with hotmail.

Gmail Notifier Pro<br data-mce-bogus="1">

Gmail Notifier Pro is a Windows application capable of checking multiple Google Gmail accounts for new mail and display notifications. Google Calendar, Google Reader, Google News and RSS/Atom feeds are also supported.

In addition to the Google services, Gmail Notifier Pro provides notifications for the webmail services Microsoft Live Hotmail and Yahoo! Mail.

It's too bad it's another client I have to run, but maybe someone in the future will come up with a plucky, quick browser gem like that old one I was using.

smile.png

gogo

I am sorry to hear that. I am still using webmail notifier. I hope mine does not go belly up.

Really?

:o

Now you want me wanting to get me old one going. I guess, I could delete my ff profile...but I'd lose all the cookies, and it could take me a while before I could get them all back properly.

but...web mail notifier is SO the best

ahhh, decisions!

:paladin:

gogo

I just double-checked my Linux and Win7 partitions, and Webmail Notifier is still working for both. I have both a gmail and yahoo account set up. I am running 32-bit OS's. Are you running 64-bit?

64 bit would be my #1 suspect. If they know when the problem started, they might be able to determine what caused it and come up with a solution. Unfortunately if it just started yesterday, it could be a while.