Google Chrome Browser - Y/N ?

podgie_bear

Hello guys and gals, I would like to ask your advice here about swapping from Firefox to Chrome. Not for myself, but for my wife's Netbook. She basically only uses it for playing browser games at Pogo.com and for skype-ing her friends at the same time. She has always beem happy with Firefox in the past, but recently had to buy a new Netbook which came with Win7 and that is when the problems started. There seems to be some sort of conflict between Pogo.com, Win7, Firefox and her ZoneAlarm Forcefield security software that affects Java based browser games, but doesn't affect their Flashplayer games, we tried using Internet Explorer (shudder) and she hates it.

So my question to those of you who have tried Chrome is;

Just how user friendly and easy to use is it? Bearing in mind that it is for someone who will not use a TV remote contol if it has more buttons than 'On/Off', 'Channel +/-' & 'Volume'

Hi Podgie

Chrome is super friendly, super fast. The only reason why I don't use it full time is because FFox has more tools I need for images and wiki work.

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

I'm using Chrome constantly, because it's really fast. Somehow it remains quite fast even when my connection slows down. It doesn't have any big and fancy plug-ins, but if you need a fast and easy browser for only page-viewing and skype, it's probably the best choice.

There is also a non advertising version of chrome called iron. Lord uses it as his main browser all the time. I have it as a back up to FF. I hate MSIE.... Only time I use it is at work to get to sites (work related) that wont play nice with FF (highly secure sites that only work with MSIE's security features) I'm really hoping FF4 over takes MSIE badly so those sites will be forced to program to work with FF too so I can stop using MSIE permanently.