Sacred 2 Balance.txt

QuestExplow = {20,25,30,40,50},

QuestGoldlow = {25,30,35,40,50},

QuestGoldmax = {3025,4030,5035,6040,8050},

QuestExpmax = {4020,5025,6030,8040,10050},

Effects the minimum and maximum gold recieved from a quest, increase them to get large numbers of gold and experience from a quest.

I would just like to add on this, that each number from left to right refers to server level. Left most number = Bronze, right most = Niobium. So for example if you changed the '30' in QuestExplow you would be changing the minimum experience you get from quests in a Gold level game.

• Like! 1

More fun with Balance.txt...

To enable "God Mode" edit the Balance.txt entry to read:

Enemy_weapondamage = {0,0,0,0,0}, 
Enemy_spelldamage = {0,0,0,0,0},

Note: This works flawlessly with straight Fallen Angel. However, with Ice and Blood, you will find a tiny amount of damage seeping through. Certain attacks - mostly enemy CA spells - can get through with the latest (2.65.2) build.

Cheap Rune Exchange:

Change this line in Balance.txt to read:

SwapRune_One = 1, 

This will make it so you can trade in one rune for any other rune for 1 Gold.

• Like! 1

Good Stuff DB!

I will take a look at my Balance.txt as see if I "know" for sure of any other affects. I can say I have confirmed your findings to be the same as my own.

MP_experience = {1000,1150,1325,1550,1825},

I believe this one effects the extra experience gained from having

someone join your game, 1 player gives 100% experience, 2 players 115%

and so on up to 5 people providing max experience.

This is definitely where you change the XP per kill in game.

• Like! 1

More fun with Balance.txt...

To enable "God Mode" edit the Balance.txt entry to read:

Enemy_weapondamage = {0,0,0,0,0}, 
Enemy_spelldamage = {0,0,0,0,0},

As Wolfie stated, it may be not enough. This setting includes only the normal damage. All the crits, secondary effects and sometimes some damage from CAs will still remain. So I went for the other way to have a God Mod - not only to make a damage low, but prohibit the enemies from hitting you. To do so you should also change the following lines:

MP_damage = {1,1050,1100,1160,1220}, 
MP_combatvalue = {1,1100,1210,1330,1460},

normally the first number is 1000 in both strings

Those numbers are multipliers for the enemy stats depending on the number of players in the party (just like MP_experience that loco described above). I changed only the first one because this setting was for the singleplayer. These two values stand for enemy attack, defence, spell intensity and damage. By making them 1 you multiply your enemies' stats by 0.001.

Also for some wiki testing I used the settings that allowed me to kill all the enemies with one hit, no matter who they are (I used it to kill bosses with low level character). To do so you can change the following lines:

MP_lifeHP = {1,1300,1650,2100,2650},
MP_EShieldHP = {1,1300,1650,2100,2650},
MP_armor = {1,1100,1210,1330,1460},

normally the first number is 1000

These values are multipliers for enemies' HP, shields and armor, so by making them ridiculously small you make your enemies vulnerable, so you can slay them in one hit.

Edited by Silver_fox

SpeedMin = 500,
SpeedMax = 1500,

These lines effect the minimum and maximum speed possible in the game. Anything over 1500 doesn't appear to have an effect on the player.

I have my SpeedMax at 2000. This does affect run speed and attack/casting speed. So socketing 60% run speed does get your feet motivating at 160. Also speed boosts to attack and casting if they add up to over 150 it will reflect just like the run speed does.

TraderOffer_MaxLifetime = 900

Affects the vendor reset time. You can set it to zero and run around the starting isle vendors, whose inventories reset almost instantly. You need to walk away a certain distance, but you don't need to change areas anymore.

ZRareBonusamount

Affects the number of bonuses displayed on items of various qualities.

ZRareBonusamount

I assume thats for random items of that tier?

I believe it is for all items for that tier, in shops and drops. And only for as long as that mod is in the balance file. if you return to a stock balance.txt the items automatically revert back to stock as well.

ZRareBonusamount

It might work for uniques and sets, can't remember unfortunately.

ZRareBonusamount

It might work for uniques and sets, can't remember unfortunately.

I might play with it before putting it in then, see how it works.

IsUsableByHero = 700,       		(1000= all items usable by character)
 TraderMaxCount = 10,
 TraderOffer_MaxLifetime = 900,     		(With this set at 1, the merchant's inventory would reset as soon as I spoke to rune master or blacksmith (and vice versa), no need to teleport)

Trader_Item = 2300,           		(increasing one or both of these values will increase the number of items displayed at merchant, blacksmith and rune master)
 Trader_Many = 10000,

Here's a few lines I found useful when Armor Shopping. By changing the following values I increased the amount of items available at merchants and blacksmiths. I was also able to reduce the time the wares would be available so I could simply alternate between the 2 without ever leaving the Starting Isle. Made it much much quicker as I never had to teleport (which also reduced the number of crashes for me). If you're ring/amulet hunting, these values will also work so you can shop between the rune master and merchant)

• 2 weeks later...

Trader_Item = 2300,           		(increasing one or both of these values will increase the number of items displayed at merchant, blacksmith and rune master)
 Trader_Many = 10000,

<snip>

Need to be somewhat careful with these. If you raise them too high, it is possible to get a stack overflow error and crash the game. This is from generating more items than the window can hold. It has only happened to me once, and if it can happen once, it can happen again. Though in my defense, I did put in a ridiculously HIGH number just to see what would happen.

Here are the values I generally run with:

TraderOfferUpperRareBase = 12,  -- raises the tier of items offered by merchant. can purchase ANYTHING if this is set to 15

Trader_Item = 7500,             -- These do change the number of items spawned on the vendor, but how they are tied together
 Trader_Many = 20000,            -- I have yet to figure out. Possibly min and max number of items spawned.

Trader_SpecialOffer = 20000,    -- Increases the chance of cool stuff on vendors

hi!

It appears I have found the skill modifier for the attack speed:

"SkillAttackSpeedQuot = 5"

I changed it to "1", and got a bonus of (around) 68% to attack speed, while just having 19 points in "dual wield".

so the lower it is the faster you'll be.

the same goes for: "SkillMoveSpeedQuot = 15"

although this one's for movement speed.

correct me if I'm wrong but don't set it to zero because you can't divide something by zero.

hope this helps someone :)

Edited by marwae
Guest madDdog67

I was going to poke around a little with this tonight, but Balance.txt doesn't exist on my hard drive. I'm stuck with Fallen Angel @2.43 for the time being, and I've checked both my computers that have the game installed, but couldn't find it. XP on both systems. I have both the direct 2 drive version and the Collector's edition of the game. Any ideas? Other than I fail :)

Guest madDdog67

It should be located in "<Sacred 2 install location>\Sacred 2\scripts\server"

Does that help?

Yes indeed...that's where it is. When I did my search, it didn't find it for some reason...I blame Bill Gates :)

It should be located in "<Sacred 2 install location>\Sacred 2\scripts\server"

Does that help?

Yes indeed...that's where it is. When I did my search, it didn't find it for some reason...I blame Bill Gates :)

There's a likely reason why you can blame Bill Gates. Remember that memo he released - the one where security became job #1...? Since XP SP2, Microsoft's programmers made doing certain things harder on everyone. Searching and manipulating files in the C:\Program Files tree is much more difficult now.

The reasoning very simply is this: it gives viruses and other crapware fewer places to hide. Prior versions made it much easier for them to hide out in locations like C:\Windows and C:\Program Files.

The reasoning very simply is this: it gives viruses and other crapware fewer places to hide. Prior versions made it much easier for them to hide out in locations like C:\Windows and C:\Program Files.

Hehe...totally have sacred 2 installed on a separate hard drive :)

Do you have it installed in C:\Program Files\...? Must be the UAC that's kicking in.

Try opening notepad or whatever editor you're using as Admin. Right click icon and "run as admin" then there shouldn't be problem.

every time I try to change something in my balance.txt or similar iget an error saving. anyone have any idea why? I use windows 7 btw.

Grrrr... I went thru a lot of hassle trying to edit my S1 config file because of the issue I believe you have here, lildozer...

Changing the UAC did let me save changes to the file I made, but it also messed up my savegames, and I couldn't load up my saved game(s). Same thing if I run the game "as admin" - I cannot load my saved games... somewhat fustrating!

Long story short, I right-clicked on the config file, and in the properties, I changed the permissions (security tab) for my user to be able to save changes. I hope you know Win7 well enough to do that, I forget exactly how I accomplished it :whistle:

Hope that helps, lildozer!

Edited by essjayehm