Sacred 2 Balance.txt

ok what I did to fix was simple. so simple I didnt think of it at first. I just made a new txt and copied all the original to it and replaced with the custom settings(after making backup saves of course). solved. thanks for the help though guys!

• 4 weeks later...

I've been tinkering with ZRareBonusamount and ZRareBasepoints trying to figure out how they work together.

As antitrust said earlier, ZRareBonusamount does appear to affect the number of bonuses on a random item. I haven't noticed anything on pre-defined items (sets, uniques, etc).

What I can't figure out is how ZRareBasepoints works into the equation. Anyone else tinker with this enough to understand what it does?

EDIT:

After more tinkering with these two, it appears they work together rather closely. Changing one or the other tends (quite often but not always) to drop sockets off of set items, usually the top gold socket. Both have logical progressions in value but how they actually work together I still can't figure out. There may be other settings in balance.txt that influence them. These are some that I suspect have an influence:

ChanceForAdditionalSlots

ChanceForSlotToImprove

ChanceIncForSlotImprovePerRareLevel

RareBonusDanger

RareMalusThreshold

RareStart

SlotGoldPercentageImprovement

SlotSilverPercentageImprovement

It's rather difficult to actually test the over-all effect of the changes since it takes a LOT of playtime and scads of drops to actually track how the changes are being applied.

Edited by DMCain
  • 11 months later...

As noted in Dragon Brother's original post:

ForgeSlot_BronceFactor = 1000,

ForgeSlot_SilverFactor = 1070,

ForgeSlot_GoldFactor = 1150,

Effects the bonus provided when socketing into a socket (1000 = item modifiers remain at 100% of the value on the jewellery, 1070 = 107% of the value or a 7% increase).

however, I believe there is more to it than just those three lines, and looking thru this thread, I have not seen this info posted so, here is my idea, I believe that the lines;

SlotGoldPercentageImprovement =

SlotSilverPercentageImprovement =

also affect this and that the #s must match the first two #s that you put in the 'Factor = "slots, ie. if you set

ForgeSlot_SilverFactor =

to say, 1500 which would be 1.5 times normal, then you must also set

to 15 to match, otherwise while your changes to

ForgeSlot_SilverFactor =

will show in the item description, it will not really affect your stats/skills more than the normal increase would :( , so, sorry if this has been covered, maybe I just missed it, but if not, well as Paul Harvey used to say, "And now you know the rest of the story." eh? :cool:

Actualy I have had a chance to rethink this, it seems that the two numbers that follow

are the precentage, ie in the cherry balance.txt the lines are:

SlotGoldPercentageImprovement = 15

SlotSilverPercentageImprovement = 7

these are as I noted the precentages of improvement, so changing them to just the first two numbers you put in

ForgeSlot_GoldFactor =

ForgeSlot_SilverFactor =

will probably not do the trick, I think this will take a bit more experimentatation to work out, eh?

I am going to try changing those numbers to the first Three digits and see what that dose, I will post those results here when I have done enough testing to have a better idea of what it really does, so don't go changing those just yet, as I may just have been mistaken as to the actual effect, lol.

Also, If anyone else has any info on this, I would be most gratefull if you would let me know, eh?

Edited by randdaman

First of all, I m not sure if I have to ask here or start a new topic since what I want is more complicated than increasing drops or experience, which is why this topic was created.

Anyway here is what I want to do:

I m currently level 48 in silver difficulty but I find it a bit too easy (with a few exeptions in some areas ofc), even though I tried to make things a bit harder by taking only 2 defensive skills and not raising them too much. So I m thinking if I can edit the balance.txt file to make enemies more difficult.

Now u might just say "rush through silver and go to gold". And ofc you would be right, but things might get a bit boring for me if I know what will follow in the campaign and I m trying to avoid that.

I was thinking of going in the balance.txt and, after scrolling down a lot, chance values in lines which I figure correspond to factors for the various difficulties, like this one:

AttackFactorDiff = {800,1000,1750,2750,4500},

and change it to this

AttackFactorDiff = {800,1750,1750,2750,4500},

This way I m hoping that even though I m in silver everyhting will be like I m in gold difficulty.

Do u think this will work or are there more things I should change?

Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance for any help :)

As noted in Dragon Brother's original post:

ForgeSlot_BronceFactor = 1000,

ForgeSlot_SilverFactor = 1070,

ForgeSlot_GoldFactor = 1150,

Effects the bonus provided when socketing into a socket (1000 = item modifiers remain at 100% of the value on the jewellery, 1070 = 107% of the value or a 7% increase).

however, I believe there is more to it than just those three lines, and looking thru this thread, I have not seen this info posted so, here is my idea, I believe that the lines;

also affect this and that the #s must match the first two #s that you put in the 'Factor = "slots, ie. if you set

ForgeSlot_SilverFactor =

to say, 1500 which would be 1.5 times normal, then you must also set

to 15 to match, otherwise while your changes to

ForgeSlot_SilverFactor =

will show in the item description, it will not really affect your stats/skills more than the normal increase would :( , so, sorry if this has been covered, maybe I just missed it, but if not, well as Paul Harvey used to say, "And now you know the rest of the story." eh? :cool:

Well noted, I'll add that piece of info :)

Do u think this will work or are there more things I should change?

Sorry for the long post and thank you in advance for any help :)

Well, what you've suggested should work. It will increase enemies chances to hit you I think. Look through the tips that wolfie and silver fox suggested to affect the damage/health of monsters as well :)

Thanks Dragon Brother for the reply.

First of all, I read the whole topic before posting (even though it was a few days ago) and this is what reminded me (after more than a year of being away from sacred and from modding it) that perhaps this is the way to do what I want to do.

The line I posted was just an example, sine I didnt want to copy-paste here all the lines that I m changing.

But to be more specific I m modifying almost all the lines between this line

QuestExplow = {20,25,30,40,50},

and this line

Enemy_spelldamage = {500,800,1000,3500,3850},

Most of them are easy to figure what they do or at least get a general idea, and they all have 5 values in brackets.

(perhaps I can try and figure out each one if I have the time)

Now if u take a look in the balance.txt you can see that there are another 5 lines right after the ones I mentioned, that I have no idea what they do and that only have 4 values inside brackets and all end with factorMT or quotientMT. Any info on them would be nice.

Finaly, I should say that I just did all these changes mentioned before, but I dont have any character that can go into gold difficulty and therefore I cant see if the modded silver difficulty is the same as the un-moddded gold. I just want to experience the game as close as it was designed to be and this is the reason I m asking all these questions.

Thanks again in advance

^ Each value corresponds the five difficulty level of the game. Going from Bronze to Niobium. When you want to tamper with Silver settings, you'll edit the second number from the left.

Hope that helps a bit. :)

I'm not sure at all what those factorMT and quotienMT do, but I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will do.

Thanks Stormwing, but I already knew that :)

Anyway, after doing all those changes everything seems fine. Only 2 things struck my attention:

1. I though that the potions would have reduced effects in higher difficulties but in this case the effects are the same only the duration is reduced.

Does anyone remember or is able to see if the potion effects are reduced in gold compared to silver?

If they are reduced, does anyone have any idea how to redeuce them?

2. Enemies used to be 4 lvls above me (due to survival bonus) while now the same enemies are 7 lvls above me. I guess that is how gold difficulty works, adding +3 levels on enemies.

If anyone can help, I would like to know which line of the file affects this. Who knows I might want to increase the enemy level even more :P

Edited by Enferian

I have no idea about factorMT and quotienMTsorry.

But, as to monster levels, gold doesnt add a plus 3, but raises the level cap. I think there is a line in balance.txt to change the monster level cap and if you raise the numbers you should be able to raise the level even further. It would probably have different effects in different regions since they all have their own local level cap, but I would say its all tied into the dificulty cap somehow.

Thanks for the info :)

I think I have an idea which lines affect that, but I think I wont make any more changes for now...

Its going to take a while to get used to not pull 15-20 enemies around me, like I used to, since that might get me killed. But I have a feeling that I ll need a bigger challenge soon. And, if and when this time comes, I ll share here any new findings I might come across.

You 've been a great help :D

• 2 months later...

but it appears I have found the skill modifier for the attack speed:

"SkillAttackSpeedQuot = 5"

I changed it to "1", and got a bonus of (around) 68% to attack speed, while just having 19 points in "dual wield".

so the lower it is the faster you'll be.

the same goes for: "SkillMoveSpeedQuot = 15"

although this one's for movement speed.

correct me if I'm wrong but don't set it to zero because you can't divide something by zero.

This may have an effect on NPC attack speed as well. Can someone else confirm/disprove this?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BlacksmithSkillForDiff obviously governs the strength of the blacksmith arts for each difficulty. "Interestingly,", while these numbers go up with difficulty they are not solely responsible for higher difficulty blackmsiths being better; making the numbers all the same like this:

BlacksmithSkillForDiff = {255,255,255,255,255},

will still result in Niobium giving much better blacksmith arts. In this case, whet gives a 21.1% increase in damage on bronze and 53.0% on niobium. By the way, 255 is the maxiumum effective value; increasing it to 256 renders all blackmsith arts completely ineffective.

As a sidenote, no blacksmith character can match a niobium blacksmith with these BlacksmithSkillForDiff values even if you cheat to get several thousand blacksmith points.

• 7 months later...

I've had both the US and the UK versions - both have the same structure - except for one thing - the US version plants itself in \program files\CDV and the UK version pops itself into program files\Deep Silver...

There IS one important thing to note if you're using Vista or later - if you wish to edit ANY file in the C:\Program Files tree, you must first remove it from the tree and move it somewhere else. Vista and later versions of windows try to protect ALL files in that tree. You must have admin access to do that.

You can copy the file to another location like C:\Temp or some such and have your way with it. Then you need to move the file back to it's original location.

No...

Open Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\scripts\server (or whatever the equivalent is on your system).

Then look on the right hand side. You should see Balance.txt in there. Right-click on the file only and select COPY.

Then navigate to another location (I.e. C:\TEMP\ ) and then paste it in there. Edit the file to your heart's content and SAVE it.

Then you will need to right-click and COPY the file. Navigate back to C:\Program Files\Deep Silver\Sacred 2 - Fallen Angel\scripts\server (or the equivalent). Right-click on the original file and select RENAME - change it to BALANCE.OLD or BALANCE.BAK (or whatever you want it to be) and then PASTE the file in the original location.

Note: Windows will no doubt complain first about having Admin rights - this will trigger UAC. Simply click through the UAC and you should be done.

Be sure the game is NOT running while you're doing this.