Sacred 2 Balance.txt

I would imagine that if that is the only change you made to prices then it likely effects both sale and purchase of items. Admittedly you don't make much money when selling as opposed to the purchase cost of an item.

Thanks for the reply, the only things I've edited so far are the cost for rune exchanges, the min experience and min gold amount for quests, and the price factor for stores, but I didn't edit any of those until a few days after I edited the price factor.

I think the two values are linked, though you could try experimenting and just altering one number at a time in that string and seeing if something "clicks" and increases sell price but not buying price.

Sorry I can't help more, I haven't edited that particular value in my own game before.

• 3 weeks later...

Two questions. ..

One is which lines affect item rarity for quest rewards? I want to increase the number of rares uniques and sets items by a little bit just to even out the fact that I'm playing solo.

Two is do the rates in the drop.txt and the lines for drop rates from killed enemies in balance.txt need to be adjusted proportionally? Or to add to a specific total? Or can you change just the, for ex:, uniques rate and be fine?

I have one answer and it will answer both your questions:

All you need to do is change the lines in balance.txt and that will increase the drops from both enemies and quests. No need to edit drop.txt.

ZRareExpectation15 = 2,
ZRareExpectation14 = 6,
ZRareExpectation13 = 14,
ZRareExpectation12 = 16,

thanks.

how high can they go with out screwing everything up? are lines 1-15 proportional? do they add up to something specific? I would think if you raise one drop rate without lower another something would go wonky.

is there a set of numbers you'd recommend or can I just double whatever is currently there and be fine?

Well, if you look at ZRareExpectation00 = 1000

That's the lowest tier, crappiest grey stuff, 1000 = 100% chance to drop I believe. So looking back at the high-tier uniques and stuff,

ZRareExpectation15 = 2, (0.2% chance to drop)
ZRareExpectation14 = 6, (0.6% chance to drop)
ZRareExpectation13 = 14, (1.4% chance to drop)
ZRareExpectation12 = 16, (1.6% chance to drop)

I crank all of those up to 80 (8.0% chance to drop). I've experimented with the numbers, and if you go much higher than 100 (10.0% chance), it starts to feel cheap like the game's just handing it to you. And Legendaries are still ultra-rare, I almost never find them even with those numbers.

• Appreciation 1

Ok I'm a little fuzzy on legendary. I've played too many rpg's. Those are the brown named ones right like the artuk sparkle I edited? Or is that unique and there's a higher tier called legendary?

Wait a second. Is this where I originally posted my question? I don't think so. I thought I started a thread specifically for drops so it would be easy for people to find if that's all they needed. Now I'm confused... I can't remember.

Edited by Veracious

You're getting confused my friend As of right now that thread's still there: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/21656-how-to-increase-quest-rewards/

Although I wouldn't mind if it was merged with this one. This thread was created to avoid a bunch of threads all asking about various things that are covered in balance.txt. If this thread didn't show up in a forum search, then I think there's a tagging feature so you can tag a thread with "item drops" or "more uniques" or whatever. Although maybe only the original poster can do that...hmm maybe something to think about asking Gogo or Schot about, enabling tagging for better searches.

Anyhow...

Uniques are Golden Brown, just like Diablo 2 Uniques. So yes, Urtak's Sparkle, and you've probably seen many more, even without modding your files:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Uniques_Database

Legendaries on the other hand are super mega ultra rare, in fact if you ever get any it will probably be as a guaranteed quest reward (completing the Undead Legion quest, completing your class quest). They have very low weighted drop probabilities, and they have bright orange names:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Legendary_Database

You're getting confused my friend As of right now that thread's still there: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/21656-how-to-increase-quest-rewards/

Although I wouldn't mind if it was merged with this one. This thread was created to avoid a bunch of threads all asking about various things that are covered in balance.txt. If this thread didn't show up in a forum search, then I think there's a tagging feature so you can tag a thread with "item drops" or "more uniques" or whatever. Although maybe only the original poster can do that...hmm maybe something to think about asking Gogo or Schot about, enabling tagging for better searches.

Anyhow...

Uniques are Golden Brown, just like Diablo 2 Uniques. So yes, Urtak's Sparkle, and you've probably seen many more, even without modding your files:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Uniques_Database

Legendaries on the other hand are super mega ultra rare, in fact if you ever get any it will probably be as a guaranteed quest reward (completing the Undead Legion quest, completing your class quest). They have very low weighted drop probabilities, and they have bright orange names:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Legendary_Database

Ah yes. Haven't seen one yet. Lol. Are they that hard to mod for higher drops?

And I'd humbly request not merging the two threads. This thread wuth all it's quotes and many pages is very difficult to navigate. Actually for each section of balance.txt it might be cooler to have its own. One for drops one for npc's one for mobs. Just my opinion but you guys covered so much here it really can be difficult for someone new to make heads or takes of or find the answer to a specific question. And to post questions hrre you'd be constantly reposting the same stuff making this thread forever longer and longer.

Just my insight. Maybe it doesn't work as well in practice.

Always appreciate your help. Thanks a lot.

Cheers

well, I just found out by error that the line "zrareexpectation00" is the overall drop rate. its what determines whether a kill results in ANY loot dropping at all. its set to 1000 so that you drop loot on every kill. then 01-15 determines what quality whether it be potions greys whites etc. I tried to turn down the greys and ended up turning down everything. lmao

the rest of you probably know it already. but I thought this was funny. I'm walking along smashing everything and I'm like "uh, wheres my stuff?" hahahaha

• Appreciation 1

I can't tell if anyone wrote up the lines for reducing the price of socketing items with the blacksmith. can anyone point me in the right direction?

Edited by Veracious

It doesnt appear to be mentioned, the only cost related thing I could see is PriceFactor as I mentioned in your other thread or perhaps you could try modifying PriceSlotFactor to see if there is any effect.

Thanks. I didn't those in the txt when I was editing. And do you happen to know where theline for map revealing vision is do I can expand my vision radius? Some guy told me in game n I can't what he said.

QuestExplow = {20,25,30,40,50},
QuestGoldlow = {25,30,35,40,50},
QuestGoldmax = {3025,4030,5035,6040,8050},
QuestExpmax = {4020,5025,6030,8040,10050},Effects the minimum and maximum gold recieved from a quest, increase them to get large numbers of gold and experience from a quest. Each number corresponds to the difficulty, left most is bronze, rightmost niobium. - Clarified by knuckles

there is an additional line

SpellFactorDiff = {800,1000,1200,1500,2000}

how do these affect min and max gold drop? how do the numbers need to relate? do they need to stay between the min and max? if the min is higher than spellfactor will spellfactor recuce the gold instead of increase it?

also there is defense factor?

I may be assuming relation by juxtaposition. these two additional lines are inserted in between the min and max quest lines. so they may be entirely unrelated. just making sure.

thanks for the clarification

Cheers

Edited by Veracious

how do these affect min and max gold drop? how do the numbers need to relate? do they need to stay between the min and max? if the min is higher than spellfactor will spellfactor recuce the gold instead of increase it?

I may be assuming relation by juxtaposition. these two additional lines are inserted in between the min and max quest lines. so they may be entirely unrelated. just making sure.

Cheers

I think that SpellFactorDiff is more for spells, rather than amounts of gold. Though, I'm not sure what it does.

Also, there is DefenseFactorDiff, it's the line directly below QuestGoldMax. At least in my version of balance.txt.

Edited by Malachor

Cheers

I think that SpellFactorDiff is more for spells, rather than amounts of gold. Though, I'm not sure what it does.

Also, there is DefenseFactorDiff, it's the line directly below QuestGoldMax. At least in my version of balance.txt.

I'm having a problem. I edited quest gold by adding a zero to all the minimums and now I'm not getting anything at all. it makes no sense

Yea I tried doubling both numbers. Next step is to make them one giant number. That's what I saw in the steam forum. I'll try it when I play again.

Also my Dragon mage was created as a LAN character. Sites that matter? That I didn't make a single player character?

Did it matter if it's free play or campaign. I tried the sloeford quest with the missing teddy on three occasions and got no gold while the wiki says gold is a reward. I also did 4 others that did not give me gold either. The only other thing I adjusted err the expectation rates for 12-15