Sacred 2 Balance.txt

I don't think it should matter. I just tried it myself, increased both the questgold low and max values by a factor of 10000 and got a reward of 250,000 gold in bronze for saving the runemasters son from some wolves. Perhaps try starting again with a default balance.txt?

Try a new toon? It can't hurt, worst case you have to get the new toon to do the socketing.

ok well I tried one of my other toons. same problem. zero gold from quests. unfortunately I had to end my session early I didn't have a chance to create an entirely new character. that'll be on the agenda next time.

• 1 month later...

IsUsableByHero = 700

This sets that a shop has 70% of its items for your class. Many people set this to 1000 so all items are for the class they play. Last autumn My daughter cursed that she wasn't able to buy double-wield hammers for her Blacksmith SW with the bargaining network. I said that she could easily increase the chances that they appear in the bargaining network. It took her 3 minutes to have a bright lightbulb on her head...

Noone forces you to increase the chance for the bargainer to get stuff for its class. If the class you want to bargain for is different, set the number from 700 to 10 or something similiar small.

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a question. I have some things changed as it is described here. I even made ​​a safety copy from the original. but the game does not recognize my changes. as it would not give these changes. but they are present. can someone help me? exactly what I need to do with the game recognizes?

Hey and welcome to Darkmatters LuzeCroszeria!

To answer your question, I guess, more question needs to be asked first!

Could You please explain in more details what You did? Not on the balance.txt but how You handled it? Where You put it after changing? And so on.

Sacred, as far as I'm aware of, can sometimes be a bit picky on folder-structure and such!

Welcome to the forum

Shutdown Sacred2 , edit, restart. The changes will only be effective at a restart.

Make sure you put the correct syntax in balance.txt? Missing ;, {} can cause syntax errors which aren't shown. The game goes back to default in such cases I think.

If changed values are out of a hard coded interval they are often ignored.

Sure you edited in administration mode? You need administration rights to overwrite balance.txt...

• 1 month later...

I set traderofferlife to 1 and they don't change even when I go to all the NPCs on start island which takes me a minute or two. is there a reason this would happen?

You must change location before check traders again. You can teleport to Artamark and return to the island, then traders renew their assortment.

what about balance.txt

DropPowerupRare = 4

it means, that part (0.004) of dropped potions will be rare (they have great cost, may be more then 200k/flask)

DropMaxRandomRare = 13

this is a border of item type (there are 15 types of items: 15 - unique/14 - rare/13 - set items, etc.), that can be dropped by normal monsters (not champions or bosses)

Edited by mibbs
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to host lan multiplayer game with custom balance.txt for everyone who plays on it?

Welcome aboard!

My off-the-cuff answer would be that you would be better off just copying the file to each PC.

Is it possible to host lan multiplayer game with custom balance.txt for everyone who plays on it?

Balance.txt is a "server" script (you can tell it by the fact that it resides in a "scripts/server" folder). This means that every launched game uses the balance.txt settings of the person who started the game. In singleplayer, every player is his own server and client, so the difference between "server", "client" and "shared" scripts does not come into play. But in multiplayer there is some difference: "server" scripts are loaded at the moment when the game starts from the machine that is used as a host, "client" scripts are loaded locally, so every player who joined the game plays with the version from his own machine, and "shared" scripts should be the same for every player who joins.

So it is possible to start a server with modded balance, if you are going to be the host. Still, it's safer and more predictable if every participating player has the same modification in his/her game.

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new here.

I changed balance file for price, so I can buy items cheap and sell them with very high price now, but I still want to know what exactly these 4 factors mean?

PriceAdjustment = 5,
PriceLeveldiscount = 1,
PriceShredder = 15,
PriceSlotfactor = 250,

How can I change combat art execution speed?

I try change min and Max speed like that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtpABniNMiQ

But it change only my Weapons class speed, not Combat art. If I use 2 editing ring with +87% attack speed I still have 153,2% attack speed

seems no one has mentioned about hacking CA's CD time or cast speed in balance file, only attack speed and movement speed. If you can cast any spell or CA instantly and continuously, that will be too OP:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello o/

I remember few years ago I have changed something in balance.txt which gave me free CA Modification Points. Recently I decieded to play again but I forgot which value it was :/ Couldn't find it here nor on google. Anyways if u change

BasepointsMultiplier = 500

to

BasepointsMultiplier = 100 (1st value I entered)

u get 10 free mod points in every aspect :)

Have Fun

C

• 2 months later...

Where do I find this for the steam version of sacred 2 gold? I've looked in users/ascaron/sacred2 but all there that's there are saves. Don't see a balance.text

Using windows 7

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\scripts\server

• 4 weeks later...

First, thank everyone for explaining the meaning of values in Balance.txt

I'll advice everyone to change the folloing strings in Balance.txt

AdjustCriticalDamageFactor = 2000 (Makes crits do double damage, as it should. Standard value 1200 (+20% damage on crit) makes investing into critical hits totally useless. Also, it makes game more challenging and interesting, as enemy can crit you for heavy damage)

ExpMountFactor = 1000 (Sets the amount of experience your mount gets to 100% of experience you get. Standard value 3000 makes your mount to get experience 3 times faster than your, resulting in overleveleved mount and drastical penalty, Also, there is no reason, why your mount should get 3x experience)

And here are some notable values:

QuestExpmax = (Essentially changes the amount of experience gained for quests. assuming you dont outlevel quest area greatly. I suggest to increase it, because standard quest experience reward is total lackluster. Killing several orcs provides the same experience reward, but takes a ton less time.)

Enemy_armor = (Changes enemy armor values, from Bronze to Niobium. Standard enemy armor values are totally unnoticeable, you can beat a fire-armoured enemy with fire weapon or spell, and wont even notice it. Increasing these values drastivally, especially on higher difficulties, makes game more challenging and interesting.

• 2 months later...

All of these work except the

BasePoints = 100 for 10 MOD points

Also, after I edited these, The Monsters all became a LOT Stronger. I started a new seraphim and I got killed 10 times in silver.

I did not edit anything about the enemies whatsoever.

Also, How do I increase Gold Drop?